This Oreo mug cake is literally Oreos in cake form. It's moist, rich, chocolatey, and just a treat to eat - which is why it’s probably so popular on TikTok. And you need just 2 ingredients to make this delicious Oreo dessert!
Table of Contents
The Best Oreo Mug Cake
There aren't many cookies better than Oreos. I mean, who hasn't eaten a whole row of Oreos in one sitting? I know I have, so I wanted to share with you one of the most delicious Oreo dessert recipes you can make!
This recipe was a TikTok cake that went viral, and for a good reason. It's everything you love about Oreo cookies just in the form of a soft, moist cake.
Why This Recipe Works
It takes 1 minute to make. Seriously, all you have to do is mix two ingredients together and microwave the Oreo cake. It's effortless!
The texture. This Oreo and milk mug cake is so fluffy and moist, and tastes better than dipping Oreos in milk!
Fit for every craving. Whether you're craving Oreos, chocolate cake, or just a decadent dessert, this is the perfect mug cake.
So, as I mentioned, you'll need just 2 main ingredients to make this Oreo cookie dessert and then an additional one to add a little more creaminess to the chocolate cake and turn it into a cream mug cake - but it’s totally optional to add it.
Here's everything you'll need to make Oreo mug cakes:
- 4 Oreos
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- Whipped Cream (optional)
Make sure to grab a few packs of Oreos so you can make these air fryer fried Oreos, deep fried Oreos, Oreo balls, and Oreo cupcakes next! You can also use any flavor like cake batter, red velvet, or anything else you want.
How To Make Oreo Mug Cake
1. Prep: Grease a small ramekin, mug, or bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Make sure to coat the bottom and sides.
2. Make the cake batter: Add four Oreos to the mug and use a fork to crush them up. Pour the milk on top of the crushed Oreo cookies and crush up the Oreos even more, stirring them around while crushing as they soften in the milk.
3. Bake the cake: Put the Oreo mug cake in the microwave and cook for about 45 seconds-1 minute. Start with 45 seconds since you can always put the cake back in the microwave if it's not done. Check on it and make sure the cake looks solid. If it's liquidy, microwave for 10-20 more seconds.
4. Serve: Let the mug cake cool for a few minutes, then top with whipped cream and enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Add a tablespoon of granulated sugar and a teaspoon of baking powder to elevate this mug cake even more.
- Feel free to use any milk or non dairy milk, or your favorite nut milk, like almond milk or soy milk.
- Add a tablespoon of cocoa powder and a handful of chocolate chips to make it even richer and chocolatier.
- Use any flavored Oreos that you want, like birthday cake Oreos, mint Oreos, or peanut butter Oreos.
- Serve the mug cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top for the ultimate dessert.
- Bake the mug cake in the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes if you don't want to use the microwave.
FAQS About This Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
How do you make an Oreo mug cake in the microwave?
How do you make the best microwave mug cake?
What is Oreo mug cake?
Oreo mug cake is a cake in a mug that is made out of Oreos and milk. It's a rich, chocolatey cake that literally tastes like an Oreo in cake form.
How do you keep mug cake from getting rubbery?
You keep mug cake from getting rubbery by making sure that it has enough liquid in it, and also, you don't want to microwave the mug cakes too long. You can also add a little baking powder to it which will keep the cake fluffy.
Why is my mug cake not fluffy?
Your mug isn't fluffy if you used too much liquid or if you didn't use enough Oreos. If you want to make the mug cake fluffier, you can add some baking powder to it.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
Want to try out some more easy dessert recipes? If you do, we have a ton on the blog that I think you'll enjoy!
Give one of these a try next:
- 3 Ingredient M&M sugar cookies
- 3 Ingredient Nutella mug cake
- 2 Ingredient Reese's Cup fudge
- Cinnamon rolls with heavy cream
- Rolled ice cream with Oreos
- Oreo milkshake
- Funfetti cookies
- 4 Oreos
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- Whipped Cream
- Lightly spray a small ramekin, mug, or bowl with baking spray.
- Add four Oreos to it and use a fork to crush them up.
- Pour the milk in and crush up the Oreos even more, stirring them around while crushing as they soften in the milk.
- Microwave for about 45 seconds-1 minute (start with 45 seconds - you can always put the cake back in the microwave if it's not done).
- Check on it and make sure the cake looks solid. If it's liquidy, microwave for 10-20 more seconds.
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g