These 3 ingredient sugar cookies are so soft, buttery, sugary, and just too delicious to put into words! To make them even better, these sugar cookies are loaded with M&Ms that melt in your mouth with every bite.
Table of Contents
The Best Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe
You won't believe that sugar cookies can taste this good with only 3 ingredients, but trust me, they do. These M&M sugar cookies are super soft and perfectly chewy, with a buttery, sugary flavor that melts in your mouth with each bite. The added chocolate from the M&Ms is the finishing touch that takes them from good to amazing.
But the best part is that they take under 20 minutes to make! Honestly, this might be one of the best sugar cookie recipes in existence. Quick, easy, and delicious - yeah, you just can't beat it.
In fact, I'd say these 3 ingredient sugar cookies are just as good as these snickerdoodles, milky bar cookies, and marshmallow cookies. So you might as well treat yourself and try those delicious cookies next!
- Butter- a stick of salted butter, softened.
- Sugar- granulated sugar for sweetness.
- Flour- all purpose flour.
- M&Ms- optional, but make the cookies delicious.
But if you have to grab M&Ms from the store, it's worth getting them because you can make these chocolate M&M cookies or cookie cake bars next! If you want to try another dessert cuisine made with just a few ingredients, give this 2 ingredient Oreo mug cake a shot next!
How To Make Sugar Cookies with 3 Ingredients
1. Make the dough. First things first, preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Next, take out a medium-sized bowl and add the softened butter, sugar, and flour. Then, mix the dough with your hands until the ingredients combine into a crumbly consistency. Fair warning, your hands will get a little messy when working with the butter mixture! Once the dough is crumbly, add the M&M's to the bowl and mix them in with your hands to incorporate them into the dough.
2. Form the cookies. Before you form the cookies, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it to the side. Now scoop about 1 tablespoon worth of dough and use your hands to form it into dough balls. Be patient with this step and gently form the dough into a cookie dough ball. Then, flatten cookies with your fingers since they won't expand much while baking. And again, be gentle while flattening the cookies so they don't fall apart. Oh, and if you want, you can add some more M&Ms on top of the cookies!
3. Bake the cookies. After you shape all of the cookies, put them on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Then, finally, let the amazing cookies sit on the baking sheet to cool completely, and enjoy them warm!
If you end up saving some cookies, you can store the cookies in an airtight container on the counter at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. And if you don't have an airtight container, you can store them in a sealable plastic bag. With that said, they are absolutely their best when consumed in the first 5 days of making them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are butter cookies and sugar cookies the same?
Butter cookies and sugar cookies are super similar. The biggest difference is typical sugar cookies make a dough that gets rolled out to make a thinner cookie. So this recipe is really a cross between the two, kind of like a shortbread cookie.
What are soft sugar cookies made of?
If you want your sugar cookies to be soft, they should be made with a lot of butter for that soft and melt in your mouth texture.
Can I add anything to these cookies?
If you want to enhance the flavors, you can add a pinch of salt and ½ a tablespoon of vanilla extract. And if you want to really take these 3 ingredient sugar cookies to the next level, you can add in some chocolate chips too!
EASY DESSERT RECIPES
- Cookie Monster Cookies
- Fried Dough
- Funfetti Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
Oh, and if you're interested in making another recipe using all of the same ingredients as we used to make these cookies, give this edible sugar cookie dough a shot next!
- 1 Stick Butter, softened
- ¼ Cup (55g) Granulated Sugar
- 1 ¼ (160g) Cups Flour
- 45g M&Ms (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add butter, sugar, and flour to a bowl.
- Mix with hands until crumbly.
- Mix in half the M&Ms with your hands.
- Scoop about 1 Tbsp. of dough and form into a ball with your hands. Then flatten into a cookie shape and top with M&Ms.
- Bake for about10 minutes and enjoy .
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 7.66gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0.33g