This Grinder Sandwich has been taking the internet by storm. And once you have it, there's no questioning why. The delicious crunch of the thick toasted bread, the savory flavor of the Italian meats, and the refreshing creamy salad is a combination you'll fall in love with. The best part is this sandwich takes just minutes to make!
Table of Contents
The Best Grinder Sandwich
Ok, so if you haven't seen this grinder sandwich recipe that blew up on TikTok you must be living under a rock. I mean, this sandwich has been popping up everywhere!
While there are millions and millions of views of grinder sandwich recipes on TikTok, I think I've mastered the perfect balance of flavor in a grinder sandwich. You'll know what I mean when you take your first bite.
Also, This is the perfect recipe to make quickly for a quick lunch, a meal you can bring on a family picnic, or a casual dinner with the family. Anyone who tries it will be wowed by the amount of flavor this grinder salad sandwich brings.
Now, of course, every sandwich needs a side to go with it. So, try pairing your grinder sandwich with a pickle and some chips, our air fryer tortilla chips and this Chipotle guac recipe. Or you can make these oven baked meatballs for the ultimate Italian meal.
Why This Recipe Works
Quick and easy. You can have this hearty sandwich ready in just 10 minutes, and it's effortless to make.
A winning combination. The deli meats in this sandwich, along with the homemade dressing, salad, and crusty bread, come together to make a sandwich like no other.
Crowd favorite. This is the recipe to make a bunch of sandwiches if you're hosting, and everyone always raves over how good the sub is.
So, as I mentioned, the ingredients for this cold sandwich are simple grocery items, and they're very easy to find.
That's why this TikTok grinder sandwich is so fantastic, you take simple ingredients, dedicate 10 minutes, and you get the most delicious sandwich ever!
Anyway, here are the ingredients needed to make the grinder salad:
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. Garlic, minced (or garlic paste)
- ½ tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- ⅓ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 ½ cup Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
And the ingredients needed to build the grinder sandwich:
- 2 Italian Sub Rolls
- Cooking Spray
- 4 Slides Colby Jack Cheese or Provolone Cheese
- 4 Slices Parmesan Cheese (shave the Parmesan block with a peeler)
- 8 Salami Slices
- 8 Capocollo Slices
- 8 Turkey Bread Slices
- 4 Prosciutto Slices
How To Make Grinder Sandwich
1. Make the dressing: Mix the mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, garlic, red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
2. Mix the salad: Add shredded lettuce to the bowl and toss the shredded lettuce in the dressing. Set the salad aside.
3. Toaste the roll: Slice the Italian rolls open and spray the inside with a bit of cooking oil. Place the cheese slices on one side and broil on a baking sheet for 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
4. Assemble the sandwiches: Layer all the delis meats on the sub roll along with the lettuce and close. Serve and enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Add some Italian seasoning to the dressing for even more flavor.
- Put anything else you want on the sub, like red onion, banana peppers, sliced tomato, or pepperoncini peppers.
- Forget the sub roll and just eat this as a grinder salad with some extra sliced iceberg lettuce.
- Make sure to fold the deli meats when layering the rolls for a thicker, hearty sandwich.
- Save time and pre-mix the dressing.
How To Store Grinder Sandwich
If you're planning to store this TikTok viral sandwich for an easy grab-and-go lunch, the best way to do it is to prepare the grinder salad dressing and keep it in the fridge. It'll last in the fridge for about 3-4 days.
Then, when you're ready to eat a sandwich, build the sandwich as described above. If you just have leftover salad, it'll stay fresh in the fridge for a day.
FAQS About This Grinder Sandwich Recipe
What is a grinder sandwich?
It's a unique Italian sandwich that consists of lettuce tossed in a signature dressing, a combination of deli meat like salami, turkey, prosciutto, capocollo, and cheese, all on a sub roll.
Where is the grinder sandwich popular?
It first was a viral TikTok sandwich that became popular amongst home chefs on the social media app, but a variation of the sandwich can be found at sub shops and delis in the US.
Can I eat the salad by itself?
Yes, you can make this recipe and eat the salad with the sliced deli meats and cheese in a bowl. Or you can just eat the dressing and lettuce with any salad toppings you want.
If you enjoyed this recipe, we have a bunch of recipes on the blog that I think you'll like just as much. Give one of these a try next:
- Panera Bread turkey sandwich
- Longhorn Steakhouse bread
- Shrimp burgers
- Olive Garden lasagna fritta
- Doritos casserole
- Martha White cornbread
- Chick Fil A chicken nuggets
This Grinder Sandwich has been taking the internet by storm. And once you have it, there's no questioning why. The delicious crunch of the thick toasted bread, the savory flavor of the Italian meats, and the refreshing creamy salad combination is reason enough to fall in love. The best part is this sandwich takes minutes to make!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 sandwiches 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Assembling
- Cuisine: American
¼ cup Mayonnaise
1 tbsp. Red Vinegar
1 tsp. Dried Oregano
1 tsp. Garlic, minced (or garlic paste)
½ tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
Salt and Pepper
1 ½ cup Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
2 Italian Bread Loafs
4 Slides Colby Jack Cheese
4 Slices Parmesan Cheese (shave the Parmesan block with a peeler)
8 Salami Slices
8 Capocollo Slices
8 Turkey Bread Slices
4 Prosciutto Slices
- Mix the mayonnaise, red vinegar, dried oregano, garlic, red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Combine the dressing with the lettuce and reserve.
- Slice open the Italian bread and spray with a bit of cooking oil.
- Place the cheese slices on one side and broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Layer all the meat and the lettuce and close.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 1,259
- Fat: 88
- Carbohydrates: 34
- Protein: 108
Keywords: grinder sandwich, grinder sandwich recipe, how to make grander sandwich, grinder sandwich tiktok, grinder sandwich recipe tiktok, grinder sandwich ingredients, grinder sandwich salad recipe, italian grinder sandwich recipe, viral grinder sandwich recipe