With an ultra-velvety cream sauce, succulent garlic-herb grilled chicken, and cheesy tortellini, this asiago tortelloni alfredo is beyond decadent. And this copycat version of the Olive Garden asiago tortelloni alfredo with grilled chicken is insanely easy to make, and tastes just like the restaurant!
Table of Contents
The Best Asiago Tortelloni Alfredo With Grilled Chicken
If you love the asiago tortelloni with grilled chicken from Olive Garden, then you need to try this easy copycat recipe.
Every bite of this creamy baked pasta dish is full of flavor and ooey-gooey cheesy goodness.
Between the bites of juicy grilled chicken and the creamy homemade alfredo sauce, this recipe is guaranteed to be a hit with the whole family!
Plus, making this recipe is honestly easier than going to the restaurant. And it's way cheaper, and I think way more delicious too!
Seriously, making asiago tortelloni alfredo with grilled chicken Olive Garden style is a surefire way to curb your pasta cravings whenever they hit - atleast it is for me.
And, if you're anything like me, that's pretty often.
Honestly, it's right up there with some of my other favorite pasta recipes, like this fried spaghetti or this vodka cream sauce pasta.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Easy to make. All you have to do is bake the chicken, make the creamy alfredo sauce, and then bake everything together. It's practically effortless!
Simple ingredients. Everything you need to make this recipe is actually really basic, and I guarantee you've used everything to make this recipe before.
Best result. This recipe really tastes just like the one from Olive Garden, and it might be even better.
While this pasta is definitely a "treat yourself" kind of dinner, it's actually made mostly with pantry staples and ingredients you can find anywhere.
Here's what you'll need for the grilled chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 cups herb & garlic marinade
And for the asiago tortelloni alfredo:
- 8 oz dried cheese tortellini
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
Like I said, nothing too crazy here!
And you can actually use almost all of these ingredients to make this Olive Garden chicken alfredo and Olive Garden lasagna fritta!
How To Make Asiago Tortelloni
1. Cook the chicken. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Put the chicken breasts in a bowl with the herb and garlic marinade. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Bake the marinated chicken for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
2. Cook the pasta. Cook the tortellini of your choice according to package instructions.
3. Make the sauce. Melt the butter in a non-stick pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the heavy cream, milk, and flour. Mix them together and add the cheese. Cook until melted and mix everything to combine.
4. Assemble. Combine the cooked tortellini and the Alfredo sauce in a bowl. Transfer it to a baking tray and top with the sliced grilled chicken breasts, breadcrumbs, and mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Top with fresh parsley, serve, and enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Pound the chicken breasts to thin them out a little.
- Let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes for the best flavor.
- Cook the tortellini and sauce while the chicken is cooking to save some time.
- Only bake the dish until the cheese is nice and melted since everything is already cooked.
How To Store Asiago Tortelloni Alfredo
In the fridge: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
In the freezer: Transfer everything to an airtight container or freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
Reheating: Put the tortellini pasta in an oven-safe dish and warm it in the oven at an oven preheated to 350ºF (175ºC) for 10-15 minutes covered, then 5 minutes uncovered. For the frozen pasta, let it thaw in the fridge and then reheat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use jarred alfredo sauce in this recipe?
Yes, if you want to save time, you can use jarred alfredo sauce instead of making it from scratch.
Can I make this a vegetarian recipe?
Yes, you easily can! Just leave out the grilled chicken, and you could even substitute it for broccoli or another veggie.
How many calories are in tortellini alfredo with grilled chicken?
More Copycat Olive Garden Recipes
If you love this Olive Garden copycat recipe, be sure to check out these similar recipes from the blog so you can make more restaurant favorites at home.
Here are some that you can try next:
- Olive Garden Chicken Marsala
- Olive Garden Cheese Ravioli
- Olive Garden Chicken Scampi
- Olive Garden Chicken Giant Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Olive Garden Grilled Chicken Margherita
- Olive Garden tiramisu
Asiago Tortellini Alfredo with Grilled Chicken | Olive Garden Copycat
With an ultra-velvety cream sauce, succulent garlic-herb grilled chicken, and cheesy tortellini, this asiago tortelloni alfredo is beyond decadent. And this copycat version of the Olive Garden asiago tortelloni alfredo with grilled chicken is insanely easy to make and tastes just like the restaurant!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Olive Garden
2 chicken breasts, sliced
2 cups herb & garlic marinade
8 oz dried cheese tortellini
6 tbsp butter
1 tbsp garlic
2 tbsp flour
1.5 cups milk
1.5 cups heavy cream
½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Marinade the chicken breasts with the herb and garlic marinade for about 30 minutes. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden (depending on how thick your slices are you may need a bit more or less time).
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream, milk, and flour. Mix them together and add the cheese, cook until melted.
- Combine the tortellini and the Alfredo sauce in a bowl. Transfer to a baking tray and top with the chicken breast (sliced), breadcrumbs and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Top with fresh parsley.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 699
- Fat: 53
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Protein: 25
Keywords: Asiago tortelloni alfredo with grilled chicken, asiago tortelloni alfredo recipe, Asiago tortelloni alfredo with grilled chicken Olive Garden, how to make olive garden asiago tortelloni alfredo with grilled chicken, how to make asiago tortelloni alfredo with grilled chicken, asiago tortelloni alfredo with grilled chicken recipe, Olive Garden asiago tortelloni alfredo with grilled chicken, Asiago tortelloni alfredo
I doubled the recipe because my kids are big eaters.They loved it!
The alfredo sauce in this recipe is delish!
I am a big fan of this at OG and I love this at home version very much.
Man this was good
All I have to say is wow. This was excellent!!
We’re big Olive Garden fans and this lived up to the hype.
I have had a lot of tortelloni alfredo recipes in my day and nothin comes close to this one.
It made a super family weeknight meal.
Really quick and easy! Thanks.
The tortellini is ammmmazing.
The breadcrumbs on top though so underrated
So yummy ❤️
How do I make the Garlic Herb Marinade?
Hi Shelly! I use the storebought one that comes in a bottle like a salad dressing.
This asiago tortelloni alfredo with chicken was one of my family's favorite recipes in a long time