This no bake banana pudding cheesecake is about to become your next favorite no bake dessert. It combines a buttery cookie crust topped with a rich banana cheesecake filling, fresh bananas, and a creamy whipped topping. The best part is how quick and easy it is to make!
Table of Contents
The Best No Bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake
This banana pudding cheesecake recipe has everything you love about a classic cheesecake but with a banana cream pie flavor that's to die for.
From the buttery cookie crust to the creamy banana cheesecake filling, fresh whipped topping, and sliced bananas, every bite is layered with the perfect amount of banana flavor.
I love serving this banana cheesecake around the holidays, and it's always the favorite dessert among kids and adults!
Since it's such a hit and so easy to make, it's really the perfect no bake dessert to make year-round.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Quick and easy to make. This banana pudding cheesecake recipe is so much easier to make than a traditional cheesecake. All you have to do is make the crust, mix the filling ingredients, and assemble the cheesecake. It's effortless!
A winning combination. Whether you're team banana pudding, banana cream pie, or cheesecake, this is a dessert that will satisfy everyone's cravings.
Perfect make-ahead dessert. You can make this cheesecake in the morning, then add your toppings fresh right before you're ready to serve. It's so convenient!
Another thing I love about this no bake banana pudding cheesecake recipe is how simple the ingredients are.
Check out what you'll need for the cookie crust:
- 2 cups ground digestive cookies
- ¼ cup melted and cooled butter
For the cheesecake filling:
- 7oz. Cream cheese
- 3.5oz. Box of Jello banana pudding mix
- ¾ cup milk
- 7oz. heavy cream
- 1 banana, mashed
And for the toppings:
- Whipped topping
- Mini vanilla wafers (Nilla wafers)
- Sliced banana, optional
You can also use your banana pudding mix to make this easy no bake banana pudding recipe, so consider giving that one a try next! Or, for a different banana dessert, you can make this banana cake with cream cheese frosting.
How To Make No Bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake
1. Make the crust: Combine the melted butter and ground cookies in a bowl. Stir until the mixture comes together and the cookies hold their shape when you press down. Transfer the crust mixture to a cake pan lined with parchment paper. Press the crust down with the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass so it's firm. Refrigerate the crust while you make the filling.
2. Make the cheesecake filling: Mash the banana in a bowl, then add milk and Jello pudding mix. Stir until you have a smooth mixture. Gently fold in the softened cream cheese until it combines with the banana pudding mixture.
3. Add the whipped cream: In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold the whipped cream into the banana cream cheese mixture until it combines.
4. Assemble the cheesecake: Spread the cheesecake mixture over the chilled crust. Smooth out the top with a rubber spatula and refrigerate the cheesecake for 4 hours or overnight.
5. Garnish and serve: Once the cheesecake filling is set, top it with whipped cream, mini vanilla wafers, and banana slices.
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Make the crust using a food processor to save time.
- Swap the heavy cream for Cool Whip to make the filling easier to make.
- Use room temperature cream cheese for the filling so it will be easier to mix.
- Use vanilla pudding mix for a light banana flavor.
- Assemble the cheesecake filling on a pre-made vanilla wafer crust or graham cracker crust to make this recipe even more convenient.
How To Store No Bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake
In the fridge: Store no bake banana pudding cheesecake in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
In the freezer: Transfer the leftover no bake cheesecake to a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze it for up to 3 months. Let the frozen cheesecake thaw in the fridge before slicing and serving.
FAQS About This No Bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake Recipe
Why is my no bake cheesecake not firming up?
No bake cheesecakes must be refrigerated for at least a few hours, preferably overnight, so they can firm up in the fridge. Using ingredients that thicken the filling, like pudding mix and cream cheese, also helps firm up the filling.
Should you bake the crust of a no bake cheesecake?
No, you do not need to bake the crust of a no bake cheesecake. If you use a baked cheesecake crust it will likely become soggy during the refrigeration process.
Can I make this no bake cheesecake ahead of time?
Yes! This no bake cheesecake is perfect for making ahead of time. All you have to do is prepare the cheesecake - minus the toppings -and wrap it in plastic wrap. Store it in the fridge until you're ready to serve, then add your fresh toppings.
How do you keep bananas from turning brown in banana pudding?
Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the banana slices to prevent them from browning. Alternatively, you can use banana chips or freeze-dried banana slices instead of fresh bananas if you don't want to use lemon juice.
More No Bake Recipes
- Mini no bake cheesecake bites
- No bake lemon cheesecake
- No bake strawberry pie
- No bake peanut butter pie
- No bake chocolate pie
- Make the crust; combine butter and ground cookies in a bowl. Stir until the mixture comes together.
- Transfer the crust mixture to a cake pan lined with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Press the crust down with the back of your spoon or the bottom of a glass so it’s firm. Place the crust in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Make the filling; mash the banana in a bowl. Add milk and pudding and stir until you have a smooth mixture. Fold in the cream cheese to combine.
- Whip the heavy cream until firm. Gradually, fold the whipped cream into the banana mixture.
- Spread the filling over the cake. Smooth the top and refrigerate the cake for 4 hours or overnight. Once the cake is chilled and set, garnish it with whipped cream, mini cookies, and slices of banana.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 518Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 7g