This no bake lemon cheesecake recipe is out of this world good. It has a light and refreshing flavor with a smooth and creamy filling, all on top of a buttery graham cracker crust. Everyone who tries it is addicted after the first bite, and you'll love that you can prepare it in just a few minutes!
Table of Contents
The Best No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
Looking for a refreshing summer dessert? Well, look no further!
This no bake lemon cheesecake is light, airy, and creamy, with the perfect balance of sweet, tangy, and tart flavors. And the dreamy cheesecake filling is set on top of the best thing in the world - a buttery graham cracker crust that melts in your mouth.
Plus, it's practically effortless to make and takes just a couple of minutes to prep, so it's the perfect dessert to make for any occasion! Serve it up alongside these lemon meringue cookies, and you'll have two lemon desserts that are sure to be a hit.
Why This Recipe Works
Quick and easy. All you have to do to make this recipe is make the graham cracker crust, mix the cheesecake filling ingredients in a bowl, layer the cheesecake, and refrigerate it. That's it!
There's less mess. Seriously, this recipe essentially only uses two dishes to make it, so your clean-up will be super easy.
Minimal prep is required. You only need about 10 minutes of active time to prepare this no bake lemon cheesecake. Then the refrigerator takes care of the rest. No baking here!
Easy to make ahead. Because this no bake lemon cheesecake has a set time of 6 hours, it's the ideal dessert to make ahead of time. Perfect if you're hosting!
Along with it being super easy to make, this recipe is also made with simple ingredients. Check out what you'll need to make the graham cracker crust:
- 2 cups ground graham crackers
- ⅓ cup melted butter
And for the lemon no bake cheesecake filling:
- 20oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- Yest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bourbon extract (or regular vanilla extract)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
How To Make No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
1. Prep work. Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
2. Make the crust. Combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter in a mixing bowl until you have a wet-sand-like texture. Transfer the mixture to the prepared springform pan and press it down firmly.
3. Make the filling. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar until it's nice and smooth. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Beat well until everything combines.
4. Make the whipped cream. In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the homemade whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and spread the filling over the graham cracker crust.
5. Refrigerate. Smooth the top of the cheesecake and refrigerate it for at least 6 hours until it sets.
6. Serve. When you're ready to serve the cheesecake, run a knife along the edges of the cheesecake to help get a smooth removal. Slice it into about 10 slices, serve, and enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Cut the parchment paper into a circle to fit the bottom of the springform pan perfectly.
- Make sure the heavy whipping cream has stiff peaks that hold its shape before adding it to the filling.
- Gently fold the whipped cream with a rubber spatula into the filling for the best light and airy texture.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for the whole 6 hours or preferably overnight. I know it's tempting to eat it immediately, but chilling it will thicken up the filling and allow the lemon flavor to develop.
How To Store No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
In the fridge: Either wrap the cheesecake pan tightly with plastic wrap or transfer the slices to an airtight container and store for up to 5 days.
In the freezer: You can freeze the entire cheesecake or individual slices in a freezer-safe bag or airtight container for about 6 months.
To thaw: If you stored this no bake lemon cheesecake in the freezer, you'll need to thaw it in the fridge overnight before enjoying it again.
FAQS About This No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
What does lemon cheese taste like?
It has a bright and refreshing citrus flavor with a little bit of tang and the perfect amount of sweetness. Then there's a little buttery flavor from the crust.
Why is my lemon cheesecake not setting?
You either did not let chill in the refrigerator long enough or overmixed the ingredients and made the filling too creamy. If that happens, you can pop your lemon cheesecake in the freezer to help it set.
Can I make this recipe into no bake lemon cheesecake bars?
Yes! Simply form the graham cracker crust in a square pan and then cut the chilled cheesecake into square slices.
More Cheesecake Recipes
- Jello cheesecake
- Sopapilla cheesecake
- Churro cheesecake
- No bake cheesecake bites
- Fried cheesecake bites
- No bake banana pudding cheesecake
- Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Make the crust; combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter until you have a wet-sand-like texture. Transfer the mixture to the springform and press it down firmly.
- Make the filling; in a large bowl, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Beat well.
- In a separate bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped heavy cream into the cream cheese and spread the mixture over the crust.
- Smooth the top and refrigerate the cake for 6 hours.
- When ready to serve the cake, run the knife at the edges of the cake. Remove the cake and slice it before serving.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 7g