This homemade McDonald's pancake recipe is so delicious that you'll think you're eating actual McDonald's pancakes! These pancakes have a fluffy center, buttery, crispy outer shell, and a deliciously sweet taste. Oh, and you'll never guess how easy they are to make. All you need are a few simple ingredients to whip 'em up.
Table of Contents
The Best McDonalds Pancakes
These perfect McDonalds pancakes are super simple to make and are even easier to eat. Honestly, this has to be the best pancake recipe ever. Or at least the best copycat one, anyway.
And because it's such a simple recipe, these fluffy pancakes are perfect for when you're hosting brunch, as a fun weeknight breakfast-for-dinner dish, or on a lazy Sunday.
Why This Recipe Works
Easy to make. Just a little mixing and cooking and you'll have these pancakes on the table and ready to eat in 15 minutes!
Family favorite. There's nothing like pancakes for a family breakfast, and these delicious pancakes are ones the whole family will love.
Perfect pancakes. Thick, fluffy, soft, and sweet with a crisp crust. They come out perfect every time.
- All-purpose flour- my favorite kind is Gold Medal.
- Baking powder- make sure it's fresh.
- Salt- an underrated addition to the batter.
- Sugar- for some sweetness.
- Eggs- grab large eggs.
- Milk- any kind of milk you prefer works.
- Oil- canola oil, coconut oil, or vegetable oil work best
- Maple syrup- my secret ingredient that gives them the best flavor.
- Butter and syrup- for serving.
By the way, if you want to make soft and fluffy pancakes without baking powder, then check out this pancake recipe without baking powder. And for another restaurant version of pancakes, you can use some of the ingredients to make these IHOP pancakes.
How To Make McDonald's Pancakes
1. Make the batter: Combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, beaten eggs, milk, maple syrup, and oil in a large bowl. Mix until there are no lumps. Make sure not to over-mix.
2. Cook the pancakes: Preheat a non-stick skillet, frying pan, or griddle to medium-low heat and grease it with butter or cooking spray. Use a ⅓ measuring cup to pour the batter onto the hot surface. Once bubbles start to form, flip and cook for about 2 more minutes.
3. Serve: As soon as you cook all of the McDonald's hotcakes, serve warm with maple syrup and butter on top.
My Prot Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Grease the surface of the griddle or frying pan with butter for a crisp surface on the pancakes.
- Flip the pancakes when bubbles first appear and pop on the surface.
- Top the pancakes with fresh fruit, fresh berries, banana slices, blueberry syrup, melted chocolate chips, or whipped cream. Or you can even add chocolate chips into the pancake batter to make chocolate chip pancakes!
How To Store McDonald's Pancakes
In the fridge: Let the pancakes cool completely, then wrap them in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store them in the fridge for about 3 days.
In the freezer: Freeze on a tray until solid, then transfer the pancakes to a freezer-safe bag, and they'll last for up to 3 months.
Reheating: I like to just microwave the pancakes for about 10 seconds on each side. If you're reheating a few, put them on a baking sheet and warm in the oven at 300°F for about 10 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I double this recipe?
Absolutely! Just double the number of ingredients and cook the batter in two skillets so you can cook it quickly.
Can I make the pancakes ahead of time?
Yes, this is a great make-ahead recipe since the pancakes store so well. Just freeze them for the best leftover quality in a freezer-safe bag with parchment paper between each pancake. You can freeze for 3 months. Then just warm in the microwave for about 30 seconds on each side for a quick breakfast.
Are McDonald's pancakes and McDonald's hotcakes the same thing?
Yes, the pancakes and hotcakes from McDonald's are made with the exact same ingredients and are the same thing, just listed under different names depending on the location.
More McDonald's Recipes To Try Next
- Egg McMuffin
- Hash browns
- Chicken nuggets
- Breakfast burrito
- Buttermilk biscuits
- Breakfast sauce
- McDonald's smoothie
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until there are no lumps. Make sure not to over-mix.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet, frying pan, or griddle to medium-low heat and grease it.
- Use a ⅓ measuring cup to pour the batter onto the hot surface. Once bubbles start to form, flip and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup and butter on top.
Serving Size:1 pancake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1.4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 420mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 8.9gProtein: 7g