This fudge pie recipe is incredibly rich, decadent, and satisfying. It has a super chocolatey, creamy, and smooth fudge filling and a deliciously flakey crust that combines to make the ultimate pie-eating experience.
This chocolate fudge pie is by far one of my favorite pie recipes to make. And the reason I think that is because I'm a huge chocolate lover, and this pie always hits the spot. So, if you love chocolate, I've got a feeling you're going to love this old-fashioned chocolate pie too.
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's easy to make. Don't be intimidated if you don't typically bake pies. This recipe is actually really simple, and I'll walk you through each step so your pie turns out perfect!
Fit for any occasion. This fudge pie is great to serve for Thanksgiving, another holiday celebration, or a get-together with family and friends. It's a crowd-pleaser too, so you have a guaranteed winner with kids and adults!
The flavor. Rich, decadent, and fudgy, this pie is made for all the chocolate lovers out there!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Butter- you'll want to use unsalted butter that's been melted.
- Sugar- granulated sugar to add sweetness.
- All-purpose flour- to thicken the filling.
- Salt- enhances the chocolate flavor
- Cocoa powder- for all the chocolatey flavor.
- Vanilla extract- adds another depth of flavor.
- Eggs- to bind the ingredients.
- Pie crust- I like to use a storebought pie crust to save time.
- Powdered sugar- to top the pie for a melt-in-your-mouth finish.
You can use a lot of the same ingredients from this recipe to make my double chocolate cookies. They're honestly another one of my favorite chocolate desserts, so check them out next! Oh, and if you want to make a no bake pie with an Oreo crust, check out my no bake chocolate pie.
How To Make Fudge Pie
Step 1: Prepare The Fudge Filling
First, you're going to start by preheating the oven to 350°F (180°C). Then, add the melted butter, sugar, flour, salt, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and eggs to a large bowl. Now, mix with an electric mixer until the ingredients are combined and they form a creamy filling.
Step 2: Build The Pie
Grease a 9 inch pie plate with butter or nonstick cooking spray, lay the pie crust over top, and use a fork or your fingers to pinch the edges of the dough. Top the uncooked crust with the fudge mixture, and bake it for about 30 minutes or until the filling is set and the pie crust is golden brown.
Step 3: Top and Serve
Let the baked pie cool completely on a cooling rack. Then sprinkle the pie with powdered sugar to finish it off. Slice and serve alone or with whipped cream on top, along with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the ultimate treat. Enjoy!
How To Store Fudge Pie
Either wrap the pie with plastic wrap, or you can store individual slices in an airtight container in the fridge for about 2 days. To store for even longer, you can transfer the pie to a freezer-safe bag and store it for up to 4 months.
More Dessert Recipes To Try
- Grandma old fashioned apple pie recipe
- No bake strawberry pie
- Million dollar pie
- Churro cheesecake bars
- Mississippi mud pie
- Cherry cheesecake
- No bake Oreo pie
- Pumpkin custard pie
- Sweet potato pie
- Burger King Hershey sundae pie
- Peach pie
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180ºC).
- Add butter, sugar, flour, salt, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and eggs to a bowl and mix with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Grease a pie mold and spread the pie crust over it. Pinch the crust with your fingers or a fork.
- Top the pie crust with the chocolate filling and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with powdered sugar or whipped cream on top.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 5g