These bisquick pancakes will take your boxed mix to a whole new level. They're soft, fluffy, buttery, and deliciously sweet. The perfect pancakes do exist, and you can easily make them with this recipe!
Table of Contents
The Best Bisquick Pancakes
This Bisquick pancake recipe is in a league of its own. I've tried so many different pancake recipes, but I can honestly say this is my favorite one.
This easy pancake recipe makes the most perfect pancakes every single time! They're soft and fluffy inside with a perfectly crisp golden brown surface and a sweet buttery flavor. Served with slightly warmed syrup and a slab of butter, you won't be able to get enough of these Bisquick pancakes!
I love making them for Sunday brunch or a delicious breakfast for dinner. Trust me, you'll be finding every excuse you can to make this Bisquick pancake recipe.
Why This Recipe Works
Perfect results. These bisquick pancakes seriously turn out perfect every single time, and they're effortless to make.
Simple ingredients. With just Bisquick baking mix and a few basic ingredients, you can make the ultimate pancake recipe.
Easy to customize. Whether you add some mini chocolate chips, fresh blueberries, or peanut butter to the pancake batter, it'll taste incredible.
Family favorite. This is one of those recipes that everyone will be asking you to make again and again. It's an instant classic!
As I just mentioned, you only need a handful of ingreidents to make this classic Bisquick pancake recipe, and those ingredients are:
- 1 cup Bisquick mix
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup and fresh strawberries for serving
You can use eggs, milk, Bisquick baking mix, and a few other ingredients to make my Bisquick breakfast casserole. It's a delicious savory pair with the pancakes, so you might want to make that recipe too!
How To Make Bisquick Pancakes
1. Make the pancake batter. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, egg, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract until combined. Add the Bisquick baking mix and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
2. Heat the skillet. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and lightly grease it with cooking spray.
3. Cook the pancakes. Pour ¼ cup of pancake batter onto the hot skillet. Cook the pancakes until bubbles appear on the surface and have started to pop. With a pancake flipper, lift and gently flip the pancake. Cook the pancake for 1-2 minutes more. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
4. Serve. Serve the fluffy pancakes warm with strawberries and maple syrup on top or with anything else that you like on your pancakes. Enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Mix the ingreidents until they just combine. Overmixing them will alter the texture of the pancakes.
- Grease the hot griddle with butter to give the pancakes a richer flavor and the edges a slight crisp.
- Cook the Bisquick pancakes on an electric griddle instead of a skillet so you can make more than one at a time.
- You'll know the pancakes are done when the edges are set, and the middle is firm to the touch.
- Double or triple the recipe because everyone will want a few of these pancakes. Trust me, they won't go to waste!
What To Serve With Pancakes
These delicious pancakes are incredible on their own, but they're even better served with some breakfast classics. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage
- Million dollar bacon
- Breakfast casserole with ham
- Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole
How To Store Bisquick Pancakes
In the fridge: You can store any leftover pancakes in the fridge wrapped in foil or plastic wrap and kept in a Ziploc bag or in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
In the freezer: Wrap the pancakes in plastic wrap or foil and place them in a freezer-safe bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheating: The quickest way to reheat the leftover pancakes is in the microwave in 10-second increments. You can also reheat a large batch in the oven at 350°F, covered in foil, for about 5 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best toppings for pancakes?
Classic pancake toppings like butter and syrup are always a good choice, but you can also top pancakes with fresh fruit, a sprinkle of brown sugar or cinnamon sugar, peanut butter or other nut butter, and whipped cream.
Do you use water or milk for Bisquick pancakes?
You can use water or milk. This Bisquick pancake recipe calls for whole milk. However, you can use a milk substitute like almond milk or even water to make the pancake batter. You may get thinner pancakes, but they will still have the same great flavor.
Why are my Bisquick pancakes not fluffy?
If your pancakes are not coming out fluffy, the pancake batter may be too watery. Try adding a bit more Bisquick mix to the pancake batter to thicken it up.
Why are my Bisquick pancakes tough?
Overmixing pancake batter creates gluten which gives the pancakes a hard consistency. So make sure that you don't overmix the batter.
More Pancake Recipes
- Denny's pancakes
- Eggless pancakes
- Pancakes without milk
- Aunt Jemima pancake recipe
- Pancake recipe without baking powder
- Whisk milk, egg, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Add Bisquick mix and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and coat it with cooking spray.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the skillet.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles appear on the surface. Lift and gently flip the pancake.
- Cook the pancake for 1-2 minutes more. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes warm with strawberries and maple syrup.
Serving Size:1 pancake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g