Perfectly sweet and crispy with a unique touch of cinnamon, this million dollar bacon recipe will take your pancakes, sandwiches - or pretty much any meal you make with it - to a whole new level. Best of all, it's super easy to make!
Table of Contents
The Best Million dollar Bacon Recipe
This delicious million dollar bacon recipe has a special, beautiful way of blending black pepper and cinnamon with maple syrup to create a flavor like no other.
It's a little salty, a little spicy, a little sweet, and a whole lotta yummy. Plus, it's a huge upgrade from normal old pan fried bacon.
And, don't get me wrong, making bacon the regular way (in a pan) is pretty darn delicious, but there really is nothing quite like some crispy crunchy millionaire bacon. Don't just take my word for it, though. Try it for yourself! I can almost guarantee if you do, you'll agree.
Also, even though this candied bacon is a little more of an involved process than pan frying it, the entire process is pretty straightforward.
By the way, if you begin the preparation of this bacon recipe right before making these McDonald's Pancakes, the bacon will be ready before you're done making the flapjacks. So, if you're making breakfast for yourself - or some family/friends - everything will time out perfectly.
Why This Recipe Works
Restaurant-quality. This recipe tastes just like the First watch bacon, and it might be even better.
Easy to make. Even if you've never cooked bacon before, you'll find this recipe to be effortless, and it'll turn out perfect every time. Cooking bacon has never been easier!
Family favorite. Whenever I make this bacon, my family always goes crazy for it, and it's been a hit with friends at every brunch I've served it at.
- Brown sugar- for sweetness and giving the bacon a caramelized texture.
- Maple syrup- for extra sweetness and some delicious stickiness.
- Cinnamon- for delicious spice that goes so well with the sweetness.
- Black pepper- for a tiny kick.
- Bacon- I used thick cut bacon.
- Cayenne pepper- optional for more depth of flavor.
How To Make Million Dollar Bacon
1. Prep: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180ºC), line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper, and top it with a wire rack.
2. Mix the sugar and spice: Combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, water, cinnamon, and ground black pepper in a bowl.
3. Glaze the bacon: Brush the bacon on both sides with the glaze and place it on top of the wire cooling rack on the baking sheet.
4. Bake and serve: Bake the bacon for 15 minutes or to your desired crispiness, then serve it with any of your breakfast favorites and enjoy!
What Can I Serve With This Recipe?
- Pancakes: These Bisquick pancakes or Cracker Barrel pancakes will all go great with the bacon.
- Waffles: Another sweet breakfast food that pairs well is these Aunt Jemima waffles or banana waffles for something a little healthier.
- Casseroles: For a savory breakfast, you can make this overnight egg casserole or breakfast potato casserole.
My Pro Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Cook the bacon on top of a cooling rack so it can crisp up on all sides, and this will allow the grease to drip off.
- Use red pepper flakes if you want to add some more spice.
- I suggest using thick cut bacon so there is more of a surface area for the sugar and spice mix to stick.
- Add a maple syrup drizzle on top of the bacon after it cooks for some extra sweetness.
- Let the bacon cook for a few extra minutes if you want super crispy bacon.
How To Store and Reheat Leftovers
In the fridge: Store any leftovers in a Ziploc bag or sealed in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
In the freezer: I love freezing the bacon for a quick breakfast side. So if you want to keep it longer, transfer the leftovers to a freezer-safe bag or airtight container and freeze them for up to 4 months.
Reheating: My favorite way to reheat this bacon to crisp it back up is in the oven for around 8 minutes at 350°F. Just add some extra cooking time for frozen bacon.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole
- Breakfast casserole with bacon
- Sweet potato hash browns
- Sourdough french toast
- Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage
- Waffle recipe no milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180ºC)..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and top with a baking rack (this will help clean the grease).
- Combine brown sugar, maple syrup, water, cinnamon, and ground black pepper in a bowl.
- Brush the bacon with the glaze on both sides and place it over the rack on top of the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or to your desired crispiness.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8.1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 1057mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 17.7gProtein: 20g