Perfectly sweet and crispy with a unique touch of cinnamon, this million dollar bacon recipe will take your pancakes, sandwiches - or pretty much any meal you make with it - to a whole new level. Best of all, it's super easy to make!
The Best Million dollar Bacon Recipe
This delicious million dollar bacon recipe has a special, beautiful way of blending black pepper and cinnamon with the maple syrup to create a flavor like no other.
It's a little salty, a little spicy, a little sweet, and a whole lotta yummy. Plus, it's a huge upgrade from normal old pan fried bacon.
And, don't get me wrong, making bacon the regular way (in a pan) is pretty darn delicious, but there really is nothing quite like some crispy crunchy millionaire bacon. Don't just take my word for it though, try it for yourself! I can almost guarantee if you do, you'll agree.
Also, even though this candied bacon is a little more of an involved process than pan frying it, the entire process is pretty straightforward.
By the way, if you begin the preparation of this bacon recipe right before making these McDonald's Pancakes the bacon will be ready before you're done making the flapjacks. So, if you're making breakfast for yourself - or some family/friends - everything will time out perfectly.
Why This Recipe Works
Restaurant-quality. This recipe tastes just like the First watch bacon, and it might be even better.
Easy to make. Even if you've never cooked bacon before, you'll find this recipe to be effortless, and it'll turn out perfect every time. Cooking bacon has never been easier!
Family favorite. Whenever I make this bacon, my family always goes crazy for it, and it's been a hit with friends at every brunch I've served it at.
All the ingredients required to make this million dollar bacon recipe are pretty basic and easy to find in any store.
But, just keep in mind that the quality of the bacon you get will have a direct impact on the result.
Anyway, the ingredients you need to make this millionaire bacon are:
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsp. Water
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 250g. Sliced Thick Cut Bacon
- *Optional: Pinch of cayenne pepper
The brown sugar and spice mixture gives a delicious zing to any dish. And you will be amazed by how well the pepper and cinnamon go with bacon.
I mean, the smell of this bacon alone will put a smile on everyone's face. Plus, you'll get that extra cozy feeling you get from any dish with brown sugar.
Now, as far as the maple syrup goes, using real maple syrup would be the preferred choice. However, since you are getting most of the sweetness from the brown sugar, you could choose a sugar free maple syrup instead. Doing so will definitely cut back on the sugar and carb content in the dish.
And as I said before: the quality of the bacon is key to getting the perfect million dollar bacon on your table. We used thick cut bacon to make it, and I encourage you to do the same.
Doing so will guarantee you get crunchy, melt-in-your-mouth million dollar bacon. The butteriness of the thick cut bacon just complements the sweetness of the brown sugar & maple syrup so well.
How To Make Million Dollar Bacon
1. Prep: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180ºC), line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper, and top it with a wire rack.
2. Mix the sugar and spice: Combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, water, cinnamon, and ground black pepper in a bowl.
3. Glaze the bacon: Brush the bacon on both sides with the glaze and place it on top of the wire cooling rack on the baking sheet.
4. Bake and serve: Bake the bacon for 15 minutes or to your desired crispiness, then serve it with any of your breakfast favorites and enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Cook the bacon on top of a cooling rack so it can crisp up on all sides, and this will allow the grease to drip off.
- Use red pepper flakes if you want to add some more spice to the bacon.
- Try using thick cut bacon so there is more of a surface area for the sugar and spice mix to stick.
- Add a maple syrup drizzle on top of the bacon after it cooks for some extra sweetness.
- Let the bacon cook for a few extra minutes if you want super crispy bacon.
How To Store Candied Bacon
In the fridge: Store the leftover bacon in a Ziploc bag or sealed in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
In the freezer: To keep longer, transfer the cooled bacon to a freezer-safe bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 4 months.
Reheating: To reheat candied bacon, you can put it on a baking sheet, cover it with aluminum foil, and bake it for around 6-8 minutes at 350°F (180ºC), and it should be as good as new. Just add some extra cooking time for frozen bacon.
FAQs About This Million Dollar Bacon Recipe
What to serve with million dollar bacon?
- Pancakes: These Bisquick pancakes or Cracker Barrel pancakes will all go great with the bacon.
- Waffles: Another sweet breakfast food that pairs well are these Aunt Jemima waffles or banana waffles for something a little healthier.
- Casseroles: For a savory breakfast, you can make this overnight egg casserole or breakfast potato casserole.
What is million dollar bacon?
First WatchMillion dollar bacon is a sweet and slightly spicy bacon served at the restaurant chain First Watch. It is pretty much the same thing as candied bacon, but it also has cayenne pepper or sometime red pepper flakes for the spice element. It sometimes is referred to as millionaire bacon because it literally tastes like a million dollars!
Why is it called millionaire bacon?
It's called million dollar bacon because the sweetness of the brown sugar and maple syrup combine with the spiciness of the cinnamon, black pepper, and cayenne pepper - if you use it - to make a bacon recipe with a one-of-a-kind flavor. Basically, it'll leave you saying that this bacon tastes like a million bucks!
How does Snoop Dogg make his bacon?
The pop culture icon Snoop Dogg cooks his thick cut bacon with brown sugar, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. A bit similar to our recipe, but he makes a spicier version by adding the red pepper flakes and omitting the maple syrup.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole
- Breakfast casserole with bacon
- Sweet potato hash browns
- Sourdough french toast
- Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage
- Waffle recipe no milk
Million Dollar Bacon Cooked In 15 Minutes
Perfectly sweet and crispy with a unique touch of cinnamon, this million dollar bacon recipe will take your pancakes, sandwiches - or pretty much any meal you make with it - to a whole new level. Best of all, it's super easy to make. In fact, 2 simple steps and 6 ingredients are all it takes to make this delicious candied bacon recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Side
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Bacon
¼ cup Brown Sugar
3 tbsp. Maple Syrup
3 tbsp. Water
½ tsp. Cinnamon
½ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
½ lb ( 250g) Sliced Thick Cut Bacon
*Optional: Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180ºC)..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and top with a baking rack (this will help clean the grease).
- Combine brown sugar, maple syrup, water, cinnamon, and ground black pepper in a bowl.
- Brush the bacon with the glaze on both sides and place it over the rack on top of the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or to your desired crispiness.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 358
- Fat: 20
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Protein: 20
Keywords: million dollar bacon, million dollar bacon recipe, millionaire bacon, millionaire bacon recipe, how to make million dollar bacon, best bacon recipe, million dollar bacon first watch recipe, homemade million dollar bacon
Tasted like a million bucks!!! All jokes aside, it was this bacon turned out perfect for a brunch we hosted.
Unreal how good this is wow.
This is amazing every time I'm obsessed with it.
Turned out 🔥
This was the easiest millionaire bacon I have tried making and the result was great.