This copycat Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole recipe is packed with deliciousness. It's savory & crispy and a little bit creamy & cheesy. Oh, and the best part is that this breakfast hashbrown casserole takes just 5 minutes to prepare!
Table of Contents
The Best Hash Brown Casserole
If you've ever had the hashbrown casserole from Cracker Barrel, then you know how delicious it is, and I think this copycat recipe is even better! Seriously, this delicious dish of comfort food takes perfectly seasoned shredded hash brown potatoes and blends them with a rich, creamy filling and ooey-gooey melty cheese.
- Butter- melted butter.
- Cream of chicken soup- the main part of the creamy filling.
- Sour cream- to add more creaminess.
- Onion powder- for a savory flavor.
- Hash browns- frozen shredded hash browns, defrosted.
- Mixed shredded cheese- shredded Colby cheese and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Black pepper- a good pinch.
By the way, you can use almost every single one of these ingredients to make two more of my incredible hashbrown-based casseroles - like this chicken hashbrown casserole recipe and this sausage casserole recipe.
How To Make Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
Step 1: First, you're going to start by preheating your oven to 350°F (180°C) and greasing a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
Step 2: Take out a large bowl and add the melted butter, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, onion powder, and black pepper. Mix to combine, then add the defrosted hashbrowns and one cup of the shredded cheese to the bowl and mix again.
Step 3: Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and top the casserole with the remaining cheese. Bake it for 45-50 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Step 4: Let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with some salt and pepper for extra seasoning. Enjoy!
Tips For Making The Best Recipe
- You'll want to thaw your frozen hash browns and drain any excess moisture before starting this recipe.
- . If you don't want the cheese to get too brown during cooking, just cover the baking dish with aluminum foil for the first half of the baking process, then uncover it and finish baking.
- Add a crunchy topping by mixing two cups of cornflakes with a fourth cup of melted butter. sprinkle it on top of the cheese before baking.
How To Store and Reheat Leftovers
If you want to make the casserole ahead of time, assemble it up until baking and then cover the dish with plastic wrap or a lid. Store it in the fridge overnight, and then just add about 15 more minutes to the baking time.
If you end up with some leftovers, you can either put a lid on the baking dish or cover it with foil, or you can transfer everything into an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
The quickest way to reheat the leftovers is to place them on a microwave-safe plate and microwave them in 30-second increments until heated completely. This method is great if you're just reheating 1-2 servings at a time.
However, if you're reheating multiple servings of this hashbrown casserole, you'll want to transfer it back to a baking dish and heat it in the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes or until the cheese melts again and it's warmed through.
More Casserole Recipes
- Pioneer Woman French toast casserole
- Ruth Chris sweet potato casserole
- Cinnamon roll casserole
- Overnight egg casserole
- Big mac casserole
- Christmas breakfast casserole
- Crescent roll breakfast casserole
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 28 oz. frozen shredded hash browns, defrosted
- 1 ½ cups mixed cheese, shredded Colby cheese, and Mild cheddar
- A good pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Stir in defrosted hashbrowns and 1 cup of cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Top the casserole with the remaining cheese and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool briefly before slicing and serving.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g