This Lipton French Onion dip is the only dip you'll ever need! This savory chip and veggie dip tastes just like French onion soup without all the hassle. Using only a handful of ingredients, you can create this perfect party dip in minutes!
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Easy Onion Dip Recipe
- It has a winning combination of textures and flavors. This French onion soup dip has everything you're looking for. A creamy mayo base, tangy sour cream, and savory onion flavor. You can't beat it! And it pairs well with so many finger food favorites.
- It saves time. One of my favorite things about this dip is how the flavors mingle and intensify the longer you keep them in the fridge. This is perfect if you want to make this dip ahead of time and chill it overnight. You won't have to worry about it when your guests arrive, which saves you tons of time!
- Only three ingredients are needed. This Lipton French onion dip only requires three ingredients. Mayonnaise, sour cream, and onion soup mix come together to create this ultimate party appetizer. Seriously, that's it!
Ingredients For Onion Dip
- Sour cream- I use a full fat sour cream for this dip for the richest flavor.
- Mayonnaise- Again, full fat, real mayonnaise is the best option here.
- Onion soup mix- The Lipton brand is the best around!
- Chives- These flavorful herbs are optional, but a great garnish addition.
How To Make Lipton French Onion Dip
Step 1: Combine the ingredients. In a medium sized bowl, combine the sour cream and the Lipton Onion Soup packet. Stir these together until they are well combined and smooth.
Step 2: Add the mayonnaise. To the sour cream and onion soup mixture, add the mayonnaise. Stir the mayonnaise into the mixture until everything is fully incorporated.
Step 3: Garnish and serve. Slice the chives thin and top the mixture. Serve with your favorite chip, crackers, or veggie slices.
Tips To Make The Best Onion Dip
- Use full-fat sour cream and mayonnaise for the richest and creamiest Lipton French onion dip possible!
- I love the Lipton onion soup mix, but if you can't find it, choose your favorite onion soup mix.
- Chill the French onion dip in the fridge for an hour or two (overnight, if possible) for a flavor-packed punch in every bite!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does onion dip last?
This dip gets better the longer it chills, and you can store it in an airtight container or cover your bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Since sour cream doesn't freeze well, so you'll only want to store it in the fridge.
What is the difference between French Onion and Onion dip?
The biggest difference is the type of onions used in the dip! A French onion dip uses a dehydrated onion soup mix. Onion dips usually use fresh onions that have been caramelized and incorporated into the dip.
What can I serve with French onion dip?
More Dip Recipes
- 2 cups sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Lipton Onion Soup & Dip Mix
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and the Lipton Onion Soup packet and stir until combined and smooth.
- Serve with your favorite chips, crackers, or veggie slices.
Store leftover onion dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Serving Size:½ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 276mgCarbohydrates: 5.5gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g