This baguette garlic bread is crisp and toasted on the outside yet fluffy on the inside. The garlic butter flavor is delicious, and the parmesan cheese adds a flavorful touch. It makes the perfect side for any meal!
Table of Contents
The Best Baguette Garlic Bread
This homemade garlic bread recipe is the perfect side dish for just about any meal. I mean, there's nothing better than tearing open a roll of crispy garlic bread to enjoy over family dinner.
It's made with a fresh French baguette coated in a savory garlic butter mixture. Then the bread is topped with parmesan cheese and toasted in the oven until it's crispy on the outside and fluffy and buttery on the inside.
It soaks up every ounce of the fresh garlic butter, and the flavor of this baguette is unmatched. Trust me, after one bite, you'll be addicted! At least it was love at first bite for me, and I've been making it weekly ever since.
I love making this recipe when I'm hosting a big family dinner since it's restaurant-quality and always impresses. But since it's so to whip up, I find myself making it a bunch as a side for a random weeknight meal. I love serving it with my chicken and pasta broccoli bake and sweet potato gnocchi.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's quick and easy to make. All you have to do for this recipe is combine the garlic butter ingredients, slice the baguette, and coat the whole thing in garlic butter. The oven takes it from there, and you'll have it ready in about 20 minutes!
It's easy to customize. There's tons of room to customize this recipe to make it uniquely yours. You can add fresh herbs, cheese, or spices. The options are endless!
An instant family favorite. Everyone who enjoys garlic bread is guaranteed to love this recipe. It's been a regular side for us at family dinners, and I know your family will love it just as much as we do!
- French baguette- make sure to grab a fresh one.
- Butter- for the delicious spread. You can use unsalted butter or salted butter depending on your taste preference.
- Minced garlic cloves- for that classic flavor.
- Mixed spices- for more flavor. I used paprika, salt, oregano, and thyme.
- Grated parmesan- to add a little cheesiness that I think makes the bread so addictive.
How To Make Baguette Garlic Bread
1. Prepare: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and lay out a piece of aluminum foil large enough to wrap the baguette in. Then, take a small bowl and mix the softened butter with the paprika, salt, oregano, thyme, minced garlic, and half of the grated parmesan cheese.
2. Slice and butter: Take a bread knife and slice the baguette into small slices. Spread the garlic butter over each slice of the bread using a rubber spatula or butter knife.
3. Complete the bread: Place the bread on the foil and spread the leftover garlic butter over the top of the bread. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese on top. Wrap the bread in the foil and transfer it to a baking sheet or put it directly on the rack in the middle of the oven.
4. Bake and serve: Bake for 15 minutes or until the baguette is golden brown. Remove it from the oven and carefully unwrap it from the foil. Serve warm as a side with any meal you want. Enjoy!
My Pro Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Use a garlic press or grate the fresh garlic cloves to infuse even more garlic flavor into every bite. You could even add a dash of garlic powder to the seasoning mix for more garlic flavor.
- Add mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese to make extra cheesy garlic bread.
- Make the bread even crispier! Just unwrap the homemade bread, place it back on the baking sheet, and broil it for a few minutes until the outside is even more golden brown.
How I Recommend Storing and Reheating Leftovers
At room temperature: I think this bread keeps best at room temperature. Just transfer the leftover slices to a bag and squeeze out the excess air. You can keep it on the counter for a day or two.
In the fridge: To keep for a little longer, transfer any leftovers in a shallow airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 4 days.
In the freezer: Wrap the leftovers in foil, put them in a freezer-safe bag, and freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheating: I like to air fry the bread at 350°F for 4 minutes. You can also warm it in the oven at 350°F for 8 or until it's fully reheated. The microwave works, too, if you prefer your bread to be softer. Just microwave in 10-second increments till warm.
More Bread Recipes To Try
- Jiffy jalapeño cornbread
- Cheesecake Factory brown bread
- Olive Garden breadsticks
- Little Caesar's crazy bread
- Longhorn Steakhouse bread
- Roasted garlic bread
- 1 long French baguette
- 10 ½ tbsps. (150g) softened butter
- 2 tbsps each of mixed spices (paprika, salt, oregano, thyme)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix the softened butter with the mixed spices, minced garlic, and half of the parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Cut the baguette into small slices using a sharp knife.
- Spread each slice of baguette with garlic butter mix.
- Place the bread on the foil and spread leftover garlic butter on top of the bread, sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese. Wrap it in tin foil, and transfer it to a baking sheet or directly on the rack in the middle of an oven.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the baguette is golden brown.
Serving Size:About 3 slices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 476mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g