If you love fried pickles, you're going to be obsessed with this fried pickle dip! It's so delicious and so easy to make. Savory, flavorful, chopped dill pickles explode in a creamy combination of cream cheese and sour cream. Gah, it's so, so good.
Table of Contents
This Fried Pickle Dip Is My New Favorite Appetizer
This fried pickle dip is the perfect appetizer for game nights, cookouts, and any other gathering. It's a sure crowd-pleaser that only takes a few minutes to prepare, so it comes in clutch when you don't have a lot of time to make something!
I think this fried pickle dip recipe is a winning combination because it has the most satisfying texture, creamy and smooth, with a satisfying crunch. A blend of sour cream, cream cheese, savory seasonings, chopped pickles, and toasted panko breadcrumbs mix together perfectly. Plus, if you dip classic potato chips in, the combination is a crunchy, satisfying experience.
Ingredients For Fried Pickle Dip
- Cream cheese- Let it soften before you mix it.
- Sour cream- mixes with the cream cheese to make a smooth base.
- Garlic powder and onion powder- Adds a savory flavor that pairs delectably with the pickles.
- Salt and pepper- Add to taste.
- Pickle juice- I use the juice from the same pickle jar of the pickles I use for the recipe.
- Fresh dill pickles- chopped into fine pieces.
- Panko bread crumbs and butter- for topping the dip.
How To Make Fried Pickle Dip
Step 1: Toast the panko
First, you'll make the crispy breadcrumb topping that gives the pickle dip the fried flavor. Add the butter and the Panko bread crumbs to a pan set over medium heat. Stir the butter and Panko until all the butter is absorbed and the Panko is a toasty light brown color.
Step 2: Cool the panko topping
Remove from the heat and place the panko on a paper towel to cool. Once cooled completely, store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Step 3: Mix the dip
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the sour cream and cream cheese. Then, add the onion powder, garlic powder, and pickle juice and stir to completely combine everything. Taste the mixture and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
Step 4: Mix the ingredients
To finish up, fold in the diced pickles and mix until everything is combined. Then top the dip with the toasted Panko and serve with thick potato chips or pretzels. Enjoy!
Recipe Variations To Try
- Use different kinds of pickles for a different flavor.
- Add in a bit of ranch seasoning instead of the seasonings listed in this recipe for a different flavor to make fried pickle ranch dip.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes to the mixture to add a kick of spice.
- Serve the dip with tortilla chips, pretzels, pita chips, potato chips, or even celery sticks.
How To Store Fried Pickle Dip
When I serve this dip at a party, there are never any leftovers! But if you happen to have some leftover dip, you can just store it in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last for 3-5 days.
To keep the dip for longer, you can store it in a freezer-safe container for up to 2 months. You'll want to thaw it in the fridge before enjoying it.
More Dip Recipes
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- pinch salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1 cup dill pickles (chopped fine)
- ½ cup Panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Add the butter and the Panko to a pan.
- Over medium heat, stir the butter and Panko until all the butter is absorbed and the Panko is a toasty light brown color.
- Remove from the heat and place the Panko on a paper towel to cool.
- Once cooled completely, store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the sour cream and cream cheese.
- Add the onion powder, garlic powder, and pickle juice. Stir to combine completely.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Fold in the diced pickles. Top with the toasted Panko and serve with potato chips or pretzels for dipping.
Serving Size:½ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 643mgCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 7g