This fantasy fudge recipe combines chocolate chips with butter, sugar, sweet marshmallow creme, and some crunchy walnuts to create a delicious fudge like no other. Seriously, each piece just melts in your mouth and it tastes like a chocolate lover's dream come true.
Table of Contents
Ingredients You'll Need
- Sugar- granulated sugar for that delicious sweetness.
- Butter- salted butter or unsalted butter.
- Evaporated milk- you can also use sweetened condensed milk. If using the sweetened condensed milk, cut the sugar in half.
- Chocolate chips- milk or semi sweet chocolate chips,
- Jet-Puffed marshmallow crème- it's a Kraft marshmallow creme jar or marshmallow fluff.
- Chopped walnuts- pecans and peanuts. These are optional for a little crunch.
- Vanilla extract- for more flavor.
If you have extra chocolate chips, make these chocolate cornflake cookies next!
How To Make Fantasy Fudge
Step 1: Prep Work
First, you'll want to begin by lining an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
Then, you'll want to take out a saucepan add the sugar, butter, and evaporated milk to it, and bring these ingredients to a boil over medium heat.
Once boiling, cook the mixture for about 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly, or until the mixture reaches 234°F (112°C) on a candy thermometer.
Step 2: Add The Chocolate Chips
Now, after the time is up, and the fudge mixture has reached the proper temperature, you can remove it from the heat and add the chocolate chips and marshmallow cream - or marshmallow fluff - to the saucepan.
Then, after you've done that, you can stir everything together until you have a smooth, melted chocolate-looking mixture. When that's looking good, go ahead and add in the walnuts - if you want to use them - along with the vanilla extract and give everything one last stir to incorporate the nuts into the mixture.
Step 3: Cool And Serve
By now, all of the ingredients should be combined into a delicious fudge mixture. So you can pour that mixture into the prepared pan and allow it to cool completely in the fridge.
Once your original fantasy fudge is firm and set, you can remove it from the baking pan, cut it into squares, serve, and enjoy the best fuge ever!
How To Store The Fudge
So, this recipe for fantasy fudge will make about 16 squares, depending on how you cut it of course. And the great thing about it is that you can make it ahead of time and have it ready to go when you need it since it stores so well.
As far as how to store the fudge, you'll want to store it in layers separated by sheets of parchment paper in an airtight container. Stored this way, you can keep it at room temperature for about 1-2 weeks or in the fridge for about 3-4 weeks.
Oh, and if you want to store your fantasy fudge for even longer, you can store it in an airtight container - or freezer-safe bag - in the freezer for up to 3 months. Then, whenever you want a square, you can just let it thaw for a couple of minutes at room temperature and enjoy it!
More Holiday Recipes
Looking for some more easy dessert recipes to make for the holidays?
Well, if you are, we have a ton on the blog to choose from!
Here are some of my favorites:
- Christmas crack
- No bake Christmas cookies
- No chill sugar cookies
- Small batch sugar cookies
- Gingerbread cookie recipe without molasses
- Christmas cookie fudge
- 2 ingredient peanut butter fudge
- 2 ingredient maple fudge
- Crockpot peanut clusters
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Bring sugar, butter, and evaporated milk to a boil in a saucepan or pot.
- Cook for 4 minutes, constantly stirring or until the mixture reaches 234°F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in chocolate chips and marshmallow crème.
- Stir until smooth, then stir in walnuts and vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Cool the fudge in the fridge until firm. Once the fudge is firm, cut it into pieces and serve.
Serving Size:1 square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g