This banana bread recipe without baking soda is going to change the way you make banana bread. It's moist, fluffy, cakey, and loaded with fresh banana flavor. Everyone will love it, and you'll love simple it is to make!
Table of Contents
The Best Banana Bread Without Baking Soda
There's something so nostalgic about a fresh loaf of homemade banana bread.
I don't know about you, but banana bread is one of those things I eat for breakfast and dessert. So whenever I'm craving an easy sweet treat, I always make this delicious banana bread recipe.
It takes a classic banana bread recipe, making it even better with a few secret ingredients. The result is a fluffy, spongey loaf of banana bread with tons of banana and cinnamon flavor. It's so good that you could eat it alone, but I like to take it up a notch with a little fresh jam or date syrup drizzled on top.
Oh, and it's so easy to make that you could even whip up this Bisquick breakfast casserole to serve with the banana bread for the perfect sweet and savory breakfast!
Why This Recipe Works
Simple ingredients. This easy banana bread recipe without baking soda uses all common baking ingredients. I can almost guarantee you have all of them at home already!
Crowd favorite. I mentioned this is one of my favorite banana bread recipes, and everyone else who's tried it loves it too. So you're guaranteed to have a winner at the breakfast or dessert table!
Quick and easy to make. It's no different than a regular banana bread recipe. All you have to do is measure the ingredients, make the batter, then let the oven take it from there. It's effortless!
Easy to customize. You can serve this banana bread without baking soda with whatever toppings you like or add different ingredients to the batter to make it different every time.
As I just mentioned, this no baking soda banana bread recipe is made with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
Check out what you'll need to make this banana bread recipe without baking soda:
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup melted and cooled butter
- ¼ cup neutral oil
- 2 eggs
- ½lb. ripe bananas (or overripe bananas)
- 1 ¾ cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spice mix or cinnamon
- Date syrup or jam for serving
How To Make Banana Bread Without Baking Soda
1. Prep work: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease it generously with butter.
2. Combine the wet ingredients: In one bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. In a second bowl, beat together the sugar, brown sugar, butter, oil, and eggs until smooth. Add the mashed bananas and stir to combine everything together.
3. Add the dry ingredients: Add flour, baking powder, and the gingerbread mix to the wet ingredients. Stir until you have a smooth batter with minimal lumps.
4. Bake the banana bread: Transfer the banana bread batter to the prepared loaf pan. Bake it for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool and serve: Let the banana bread cool to room temperature before removing it from the pan and slicing it. If you want to enjoy it like I do, serve the banana bread with date syrup or your favorite jam. Enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Make chocolate chip banana bread by adding some chocolate chips to the batter.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to enhance all of the flavors.
- For super moist banana bread, use overripe bananas.
- Make pumpkin banana bread by adding pumpkin spice instead of gingerbread mix.
- Make banana nut bread by adding some chopped walnuts or any chopped nuts to the bread batter.
- Avoid overmixing the batter, as this can make the banana bread become tough and have a dense texture. Just mix until everything combines.
- Serve the warm banana bread with a slap of butter for a classic experience.
How To Store Banana Bread Without Baking Soda
At room temperature: Wrap the banana bread tightly in plastic wrap and store it at room temperature for about 4 days.
In the fridge: Transfer the banana bread to an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 7 days.
In the freezer: To freeze banana bread, allow it to cool completely, then wrap it in plastic wrap and keep it in a freezer-safe bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow the banana bread to thaw overnight in the fridge or warm it up in the microwave.
FAQS About This Banana Bread Recipe Without Baking Soda
What can I use instead of baking soda in banana bread?
The best baking soda substitute to use for banana bread is baking powder. If you don't want to use baking soda or powder, self-rising flour will work in place of all-purpose flour.
What does baking soda do in banana bread?
In quick bread recipes like banana bread, baking soda is added to work as a leavening agent and help the bread rise. It gives the banana bread a light and fluffy texture.
Can you use frozen bananas to make banana bread?
Yes, just let the frozen bananas thaw overnight in the fridge. Then drain the excess liquid before mashing the bananas.
- 2 banana bread recipe
- Cake mix banana bread
- Peach cobbler with cake mix
- Apple crisp recipe without oats
- Chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar
- Pancake recipe without baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease it generously with butter.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl using a fork.
- In another bowl, beat the sugar, brown sugar, butter, oil, and eggs until smooth.
- Add the mashed bananas and stir until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and gingerbread mix or cinnamon. Stir until you have a smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the banana bread for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the bread to room temperature before removing it from the pan and slicing it.
- Serve with butter, date syrup, or your favorite jam.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g