This 2 banana bread recipe makes the most delicious banana bread ever! It's moist, cakey, and delightfully sweet with the perfect amount of banana flavor. Trust me, you're going to love it!
Table of Contents
The Best Banana Bread
This banana bread 2 bananas recipe puts a little spin on a classic banana bread recipe.
It uses two bananas for a sweeter and more delicious banana flavor, and the texture is even better too. It's a super spongey and moist banana bread with the ideal crumb and buttery finish. So delicious!
This perfect banana bread makes for an amazing breakfast, dessert, or quick snack during the day. Honestly, it's so addictive that you'll want to have multiple slices throughout the day. At least I know whenever I make it I just can't get enough of it, and my family loves it too.
Why This Recipe Works
Simple ingredients. This banana bread recipe uses all common baking ingredients, and I can almost guarantee you have all of them at home already.
Healthy banana bread recipe. Since this recipe uses two bananas, there's less added sugar in it, so it's a little healthier than most recipes.
Crowd-pleaser. Whenever I make this recipe, it's a hit with kids and adults, so you'll have a proven winner to serve at your next get-together.
It's so versatile. You can add chocolate chips or chopped nuts to the banana bread batter for a different flavor each time.
As I just mentioned, this easy banana bread recipe is made with simple baking ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
Check out what you'll need to make this delicious banana bread:
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup butter at room temperature
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 medium, very ripe bananas (1 cup mashed bananas)
If you don't have baking powder on hand but have everything else, you can make my banana bread recipe without baking soda instead. Or, for an even easier recipe, you can make this cake mix banana bread.
How To Make Banana Bread
1. Prep: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180ºC) and put the wire rack in the center of the oven. Line an 8.5 x 4.5-inch loaf pan with a sheet of parchment paper that extends about 1 inch over the sides to use as handles to remove the loaf after baking.
2. Mix the dry ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set it aside.
3. Cream the butter: In a large mixing bowl, cream together the room-temperature butter and sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add eggs: Add the eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time, beating well between each addition and scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
5. Make the banana bread batter: Alternate adding the mashed banana to the bowl of wet ingredients, mixing everything with a rubber spatula. Add ⅓ flour mixture, then ½ the mashed bananas, then more flour, then the remaining banana, ending with the remaining flour. Mix until everything is well combined, then give it a quick, 15-second beat with the mixer on low speed.
6. Bake: Pour the bread batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Cool and serve: Remove the banana bread loaf pan from the oven and allow to cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Then remove the banana bread loaf from the baking pan, gently remove the parchment paper and allow it to cool further or completely on a baking rack. Once the banana bread loaf has cooled, slice the loaf, serve it on a plate, and enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Make banana nut bread by adding some chopped walnuts or any chopped nuts to the bread batter.
- Make chocolate chip banana bread by adding some chocolate chips to the batter.
- Add vanilla extract for a more vanilla flavor.
- Serve the warm bread with a slap of butter on it.
- For super moist banana bread, use overripe bananas, or at least make sure to use ripe bananas.
How To Store Banana Bread
At room temperature: Wrap the banana bread in plastic wrap or store it in a bread box, and you can keep it at room temperature for about 4 days.
In the fridge: If you want the banana bread to last longer, you can store it in the fridge. Let the bread cool completely, wrap it in plastic wrap, place it in an airtight container, and store it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
In the freezer: Wrap it in plastic wrap and keep it in a freezer-safe bag or airtight container, and you can store it for up to 3 months.
FAQs About This Banana Bread Recipe
Can bananas be too ripe for banana bread?
No, the riper the bananas, the moister the banana bread will be! With that said, you'll want to use the bananas before they start to peel themselves.
Can I use frozen bananas?
Yes, this is a great way to always have everything you need at home to make banana bread! Just thaw the frozen bananas at room temperature and drain any of the excess liquid.
More Delicious Recipes
- Flapjack recipe
- Sweet potato bread
- Bo berry biscuits
- Pancake mix muffins
- Hawaiian banana bread
- No bake banana pudding
- Pumpkin cream cheese bread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180ºC) with a rack in the center of the oven.
- Prepare an 8.5 x 4.5-inch loaf pan with a sheet of parchment paper that extends about 1 inch over the sides to use as handles to remove the loaf after baking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream together the room temperature butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition and scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add the flour mixture, alternately with the mashed bananas (add ⅓ flour mixture, then ½ the bananas, then more flour, then the remaining banana, ending with the remaining flour). Mix until well combined with a rubber spatula, then give it a quick, 15-second beat on low speed.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, then remove from the baking pan, gently remove the parchment paper and allow to cool further or completely on a baking rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g