This air fryer popcorn is a quick and easy snack that tastes like the movie theater's, complete with a buttery topping. It's seriously so addictive, and it makes for the perfect salty crunchy-munchy treat if you're watching a show, movie, or just want a little something to pop in your mouth and nibble on.
Table of Contents
The Best Air Fryer Popcorn
Do you ever crave movie theater popcorn, but don't want to leave the comfort of your couch? I know I do!
Well, this homemade air popped popcorn is a close second to the one you'd get at the movies, and you can make it at home anytime! It is so light, crunchy, perfectly salty, and covered with buttery goodness.
And since this is an easy air fryer popcorn, you, of course, don't need a popcorn machine and don't have to use the microwave. So, it's a simpler and more healthy popcorn option!
Also, I love making popcorn in an air fryer instead of in a pot because it results in perfectly cooked popcorn every single time.
Why This Recipe Works
Healthier than normal popcorn. Since this popcorn isn't cooked in the microwave and it's made with coconut oil, it's much healthier than the microwave popcorn you'd get at the store.
It's easy to make. All you have to do to make the popcorn is add the kernels to the air fryer and let it take care of the rest. It's effortless!
The perfect snack. Whether you're watching a movie, tv-show, or game, or if you just feel like picking at something, this delicious popcorn has you covered.
The ingredient list for this popcorn is super short, and they are all items you might have already in your cupboards! So you can air fry this cheap and tasty snack at a moment's notice.
Here's what you'll need to pop popcorn:
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- ¼ cup butter, melted
See, pretty simple right?
Now, if you have to get some popcorn kernels, make sure to stock up because they last a really long time. Then as long as you have an air popper, you can make this popcorn in an air fryer anytime you put on a movie and the cravings hit.
How To Make Air Fryer Popcorn
1. Prep work: Preheat the air fryer to 375°F (190ºC) and let it warm up for 10 minutes. Line the air fryer basket with aluminum foil.
2. Pop the popcorn: Add the coconut oil and popcorn kernels to the aluminum foil lined air fryer basket. Close the aluminum foil slightly over the corn kernels to avoid excessive jumping. Air fry the popcorn for 10 minutes or until you stop hearing the kernels pop.
3. Serve: Transfer the popcorn to a big bowl and pour melted butter on top, followed by a sprinkle of salt. Or you can add on any popcorn flavorings that you want. Enjoy!
Tips Top Make The Best Recipe
- You can double the recipe if you have a big air fryer basket to serve a crowd.
- Don't seal the aluminum foil shut. Just close it a little bit to still let hot air in but keep the popcorn in place.
- Try using different popcorn flavorings or seasonings, such as kettle corn, caramel corn, white cheddar, or spicy sriracha.
- Stop your air fryer as soon as there are a few seconds between the popping popcorn.
FAQS About This Air Fryer Popcorn Recipe
Do you use oil for air popped popcorn?
Yes, you will need to use oil for air popped popcorn. Coconut oil works best, and it's also a healthy oil, but you can also use extra virgin olive oil or peanut oil.
Can you make popcorn in air fryer?
Yes, using the air fryer is a great alternative to microwave popcorn. It is mess-free, easy to make, and comes out great every time.
How do you pop popcorn without a microwave?
Using the air fryer is an excellent alternative to microwave popcorn. It's really simple to make, but if you don't have an air fryer, you can also make Instant Pot popcorn.
Can you put microwave popcorn in air fryer?
I do not suggest putting microwave popcorn in the air fryer since it burns easier. The coating on the kernels in microwave popcorn is the main culprit behind this happening. With that said, you'll get much better results using "normal" popcorn kernels.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air fryer French toast
- Air fryer cinnamon rolls
- Air fryer mozzarella sticks
- Air fryer hash brown
- Air fryer pierogies
Air Fryer Popcorn | The Best Microwave Popcorn Alternative
This air fryer popcorn is a quick and easy snack that tastes just like the movie theater's, complete with a buttery topping. It's seriously addictive and makes for the best snack if you're watching a show, movie, or just want a little something to pop in your mouth.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Popcorn
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F (190ºC) for 10 minutes.
- Make a basket with tin foil in the air fryer and add the coconut oil and popcorn kernels. Close the foil slightly (we just want to avoid excessive jumping, not seal it).
- Cook for 10 minutes or until you stop hearing the kernels pop.
- Serve with melted butter and salt on top or popcorn seasonings, and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 428
- Fat: 45
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1
Keywords: air fryer popcorn, air fryer popcorn recipe, popcorn in air fryer, healthy popcorn, air popped popcorn, can popcorn be made in air fryer, popcorn air fryer recipe, air fryer popcorn no oil, can you cook popcorn in air fryer, can you make popcorn in air fryer, how to make air fryer popcorn, popcorn in the air fryer, air fryer recipes, healthy popcorn recipes for diabetics, keto popcorn recipe, keto popcorn air fryer