These pancake mix muffins are made with simple baking ingredients, plus your choice of blueberries or chocolate chips. They're convenient, come out perfect every time, and after your first bite, you'll want to make the muffins again and again!
Table of Contents
The Best Pancake Mix Muffins
If you've never tried to make muffins with pancake mix, get ready because this recipe will blow your mind.
It combines any pancake mix you want with a few household baking ingredients to create super soft, moist, and fluffy muffins. They honestly taste delicious by themselves, but the addition of blueberries or chocolate chips makes them even better!
I love making blueberry muffins for a quick breakfast on busy mornings, and I'll make chocolate chip muffins when I want to have some for breakfast and dessert. Whatever you choose to make, they'll be delicious!
And these homemade muffins are totally kid-approved, so they're guaranteed to be something the whole family will love.
The ingredient list for these pancake muffins is beyond simple, and you might even have everything you need on hand already! Check out all of the ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups pancake mix
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup whole milk (or any milk)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries or ⅔ cups chocolate chips (or mini chocolate chips)
Pretty simple, right?!
How To Make Pancake Mix Muffins
1. Prep. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200ºC) and line a large muffin tin with 6 cupcake liners.
2. Mix the ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together the pancake mix and sugar. Create a well in the center of the mix. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract until well combined.
3. Make the muffin batter. Pour the wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients. Use a rubber spatula and mix everything together. Add the milk, and continue mixing until just combined. Fold in the blueberries or chocolate chips.
4. Bake the muffins. Fill the cupcake liners about ¾ of the way with the pancake batter. Bake the muffins for about 18-21 minutes. Let them cool in the tins for a couple of minutes before moving the muffins to a wire rack for serving.
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Only mix the muffin batter until everything just combines. Like regular pancake batter, you don't want to overmix it, or it'll affect the texture.
- You'll know the muffins are done when they're golden on top, and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Fill the liners ¾ of the way full with the batter. The muffins will rise when they bake.
- Serve the muffins warm for the best flavor. They're delicious cooled too.
- Use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar, and add some maple syrup to the batter for a caramelized flavor.
- Mix in chopped nuts or fresh fruit instead of chocolate chips or blueberries.
- Mix the blueberries and chocolate chips into the batter for an uncommon, but delicious combination.
- Add peanut butter to the batter if you love peanut butter. It goes great with chocolate chips.
- Use melted coconut oil instead of vegetable oil for healthier muffins.
- Use gluten free pancake mix if you want to make gluten free muffins.
How To Store Muffins With Pancake Mix
In the fridge: Transfer the leftover muffins to an airtight container and keep them at room temperature for about 4 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
In the freezer: Store the muffins in a freezer-safe bag or container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Reheating: Pop the muffin in the microwave for about 10 seconds. If you're reheating the frozen muffins, either add some more time when you microwave them or just let them thaw in the fridge overnight.
FAQS About This Pancake Mix Muffins Recipe
Can you use any kind of pancake mix for muffins?
Yes, any pancake mixes will work great to make these muffins.
Is there a difference between pancake mix and flour?
There is a big difference between pancake mix and flour. Pancake mix contains essential baking ingredients like baking powder, salt, sugar, and other ingredients that help make a flavorful pancake batter. Flour, on the other hand, is just flour.
Can I substitute pancake mix for flour in muffins?
Yes, but you'll need to adjust the other ingredients in the recipe. For instance, you won't need to use baking powder and salt if you're using pancake mix.
- Waffle recipe no milk
- Blueberry biscuits
- Crepe cake
- Coffee cake
- Biscuits with pancake mix
- Cinnamon streusel muffins
- Aunt Jemima pancake recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200ºC) and line a muffin tin with 6 liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pancake mix and sugar. Create a well in the center of the mix.
- Whisk together eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla in a separate medium bowl until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the well in the dry ingredients. Mix together with a spatula. Add the milk, and continue mixing until just combined, taking care not to over-mix.
- Fold in blueberries or chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin papers about ¾ of the way with batter and bake for about 18-21 minutes, until muffins are just turning golden and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in the tins for a couple of minutes before moving the muffins to the rack.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 5g