This copycat Olive Garden salad recipe is just as good as the original. It combines crisp lettuce with fresh veggies, crunchy croutons, freshly grated parmesan cheese, and an irresistible homemade Olive Garden dressing you're going to love!
Table of Contents
My Version Of Olive Garden's Salad
I think the salad from Olive Garden is hands-down one of the best items on their menu. Since I've pretty much worked my way through Olive Garden's menu, I figured I might as well make a copycat Olive Garden salad recipe.
I know I'm biased, but I think this copycat version turned out every bit as delicious and flavorful as the salad straight from the restaurant!
I mean, from crispy lettuce and fresh veggies to the spicy pepperoncini peppers and savory Italian dressing, what's not to love?!
Plus, in addition to tasting incredible, this salad is so easy to make.
By the way, if you're craving more Olive Garden favorites to serve with your salad, my personal go-to's are Olive Garden shrimp alfredo or this Olive Garden chicken marsala. Of course, you can't serve it without these Olive Garden breadsticks!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's easy to make. All you have to do is mix up the dressing ingredients, then toss the salad. It takes just a few minutes to make and is as easy as any salad recipe!
Always a crowd favorite. Anyone who's been to Olive Garden and has gotten their salad will love this recipe.
It's a versatile side or meal. You can have this salad for lunch, serve it on the side with dinner, or serve it as a starter if you're hosting.
Here's what you'll need for the salad:
- Garden salad mix- any of your favorite lettuce mixes will work great.
- Sliced roma tomatoes
- Pepperoncini- a staple ingredient in the OG salad.
- Sliced red onion
- Black olives
- Croutons- pick your favorite ones!
- Parmesan cheese
And here's what you'll need for the homemade Olive Garden dressing:
- Italian dressing mix- one packet for flavor.
- Olive oil
- White vinegar
- Mayonnaise- to add a little creaminess that makes the dressing so good.
How To Make Olive Garden Salad
1. Mix the salad: In a large bowl, combine the salad mix, tomatoes, pepperoncini, red onion, black olives, croutons, and parmesan cheese. Give everything a mix so it can fully combine.
2. Make the dressing: In another bowl, mix the packet of Italian dressing, olive oil, white wine vinegar, water, and mayonnaise. Whisk the ingredients well until they are smooth and combined.
3. Finish the salad: Pour the dressing into the bowl of salad and mix and toss until everything is well coated in the homemade creamy Italian dressing. Serve immediately and enjoy!
My Pro Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Add grilled chicken or shrimp for some protein.
- Feel free to use regular romaine lettuce or iceberg lettuce.
- Swap the roma tomatoes for cherry tomatoes or any tomatoes you want.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice into the homemade dressing to brighten up the flavors.
- Serve the salad with more parmesan cheese on top or any of your favorite shredded cheeses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I store leftover Olive Garden salad?
Yes! Although this salad is best enjoyed fresh, but you can store the leftovers in the fridge. Put the leftover salad mix in an airtight container with a paper towel in the fridge for up to 5 days. Store leftover dressing in a separate airtight container for up to 4 days. When you're ready to enjoy the salad, just toss it in the dressing.
What is Olive Garden Salad made of?
It's made of lettuce greens, thinly sliced red onion, black olives, pepperoncini peppers, chopped tomatoes, croutons, grated parmesan cheese, and a creamy Italian dressing.
Does Olive Garden salad contain romaine lettuce?
Yes, it uses a combination of iceberg lettuce and romaine salad mix in their endless salad. You can really use any lettuce you want to make this copycat recipe, and the salad will be delicious.
More Copycat Olive Garden Recipes To Try Next
- Olive Garden chicken alfredo
- Olive Garden chicken parmigiana
- Olive Garden cheese ravioli
- Olive Garden five cheese ziti al forno
- Olive Garden tiramisu
- 1 bag (24 oz.) Garden Salad Mix
- 3 medium sized roma tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup pepperoncini
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup large black olives
- 1 cup croutons
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
Homemade Olive Garden dressing:
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, combine the salad mix, tomatoes, pepperoncini, red onion, black olives, croutons, and Parmesan Cheese.
- In another bowl, mix all of the salad ingredients together until fully combined.
- Toss the salad with the Olive Garden salad dressing.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g