This chicken noodle casserole combines juicy chicken, egg noodles, and veggies with a creamy and cheesy sauce that's just to die for. It's seriously so good and makes the perfect busy weeknight dinner!
Table of Contents
A Comforting Chicken Casserole
If you like chicken noodle soup, you'll be obsessed with this chicken noodle casserole. I mean, how could you not? In each bite, you get meaty chunks of chicken, tender egg noodles, and perfectly cooked veggies that are covered in a rich and creamy sauce. Then, all of that gets topped with melty cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs for an added crunch.
How good does that sound?!
The flavor honestly reminds me of my grandma's chicken noodle soup and her soup was one of the best, so you know this casserole is incredible.
Plus, as I already mentioned, this casserole is a breeze to make. And you know I'm all about that easy casserole recipe life!
By the way, since most of the time spent making this recipe is just letting the casserole bake in the oven, I usually whip up this air fryer garlic bread or these copycat Texas Roadhouse rolls to go with it. The bread/rolls are delicious dipped in the rich and creamy sauce.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Egg noodles- one pack cooked and drained. Wide egg noodles and thin egg noodles.
- Chicken breast- Cooked and chopped. Rotisserie chicken or canned chicken work.
- Cream of chicken soup
- Milk- I used whole milk.
- Onion- finely diced.
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Frozen peas and carrots- frozen broccoli, frozen cauliflower, frozen corn, or any bag of mixed frozen vegetables works great too.
- Bread crumbs- For the crunchy topping. You can also use Ritz crackers.
- Butter- melted for the topping.
By the way, if you have these ingredients and are craving actual chicken soup you can use most of them to make my famous copycat Chick Fil A chicken noodle soup recipe. Oh, and if you have extra egg noodles, you can make this ham and noodle casserole next!
How To Make Chicken Noodle Casserole
This chicken noodle casserole has to be one of the easiest casserole recipes I've made yet.
I mean, you basically just mix the ingredients together and then pour everything into a casserole dish and let the oven take care of the rest.
So with that said, let's not waste any more time and get cooking!
Step 1: Combine The Ingredients
First, you're going to start by preheating the oven to 350°F (180ºC) and you're going to coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Next, you'll want to take out a large bowl and add the cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, milk, diced onion, shredded cheese, and the frozen peas and carrots to it. Then, give everything a good stir until it's fully combined and incorporated.
Step 2: Add The Egg Noodles
If you haven't done so already, cook the egg noodles - or any noodles of your choice - according to the package instructions. Then, add the cooked egg noodles to the mixture you just prepared and gently stir them together until well combined.
Once your casserole mixture is looking good, you can pour it into the prepared baking dish.
Step 3: Top and Bake The Casserole
Now you can sprinkle the top of the unbaked casserole evenly with bread crumbs and pour all of the melted butter evenly over the top of 'em.
Finally, you can bake the casserole uncovered for about 30-35 minutes - or until the top is golden brown. Then, serve it warm and enjoy!
How To Store Chicken Noodle Casserole
This recipe for chicken noodle casserole makes 6 servings. So, it'll make enough for a large family dinner, and you might even get lucky and have some leftovers.
Speaking of leftovers, if you do end up with some, you can store the leftover chicken casserole in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Alternatively, if you want to store your chicken noodle casserole for even longer, you can freeze it for up to 4 months.
How To Reheat This Casserole
Whenever you're ready to enjoy this chicken noodle casserole again, it's definitely best reheated. If you want to reheat the entire casserole, you can put it back in a baking dish and reheat it in the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes.
With that said, if you're just reheating a single serving of the chicken soup casserole, you can transfer it to a microwave-safe plate - or bowl and microwave it in 30-second increments until it's warmed through.
More Chicken Casserole Recipes
If you enjoyed this chicken noodle casserole recipe, we have a ton of other easy chicken casserole recipes you can check out next!
Here are some reader favorites:
- Chicken pot pie casserole
- French onion chicken casserole
- Mexican chicken casserole
- Crack chicken casserole
- Chicken mushroom casserole
- Chicken and dumpling casserole
- 12 oz. package of egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 cups (24 oz.) chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 3 cups cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180ºC). Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, milk, diced onion, shredded cheese, and frozen peas and carrots.
- Stir until combined.
- Gently stir in cooked egg noodles.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top evenly with bread crumbs.
- Pour melted butter evenly over the top of the bread crumbs.
- Bake uncovered for about 30-35 minutes until bubbly, and the top is golden brown.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 891Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 47g