This Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo is a comfort food extraordinaire! We're talking pasta smothered in a buttery parmesan cream sauce with savory chicken and tender shrimp. Seriously, make this once, and you'll be hooked!
Table of Contents
The Best Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo
Chicken alfredo pasta with shrimp is hands-down one of my most requested recipes. It hits all the right notes of being indulgent and so flavorful with the creamy homemade alfredo sauce, yet it's totally lightened up by using chicken breasts and shrimp.
And it's the perfect dish for get-togethers or impromptu dinner parties because it's easy to make, feeds a crowd, and tastes incredible!
Plus, it's an excellent go-to dinner option for those busy weeknights when you've got a house full of kids and no time to spare for cooking. And it comes together easily in under 30 minutes, which is always a plus in my book.
Since it's so easy to make, you can whip up some tasty sides to go with it. If you're looking for what to serve with chicken and shrimp alfredo, this Little Caesars cheese bread or classic garlic bread is perfect for dipping in the deliciously creamy pasta sauce.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Chicken and shrimp- Make this blackened shrimp and blackened chicken for cajun chicken and shrimp alfredo.
- Butter and heavy cream- for the best alfredo sauce.
- Parmesan cheese- freshly grated for the best flavor.
- Salt and pepper- a pinch of each to taste.
- Pasta- fettuccine, spaghetti, linguine, rigatoni, or penne pasta.
How To Make Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo
This pasta dish can seriously be ready and on the table in 30 minutes or less.
And, as a bonus, everything cooks in one skillet for the entirety of the recipe. That means there won't be a mountain of dirty dishes to wash after you make it! Who isn't a fan of that?!
Anyway, let's get cooking, and I'll show you how to make chicken and shrimp alfredo that's so good you'll be making this chicken and shrimp pasta week-after-week.
Step 1: Prep Work
Because the whole dish comes together so quickly, you'll want to make sure you have everything within reach.
Start by cooking the pasta al dente according to the package's directions. Then, while that's boiling away, cube one chicken breast and peel and devein half of a cup of shrimp.
Next, measure out the heavy cream and butter, and grate the parmesan. And don't forget to have salt and pepper on hand as well.
Step 2: Cooking The Chicken and Shrimp
Alright, now we're ready to cook the chicken and shrimp. First, melt a tablespoon of butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Then, season the boneless chicken breast with salt and pepper, and add it to the hot skillet. Cook until golden brown on both sides - about 5-7 minutes per side. Now, once it's cooked - and the internal temp is 165°F (74°C) - remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside.
Next, add a little more butter to the pan and when it's melted, add the raw shrimp to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook shrimp for 3 minutes and then flip them over and cook for another 3 minutes or until they are pink, then set aside.
Step 3: Making The Alfredo Sauce
Now, for all that creamy, luscious sauce. Start by melting a tablespoon of butter in the same pan you used for the chicken and shrimp.
Once the butter melts, add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese to the large skillet. Then, stir everything together until the cheese has melted and it turns into a creamy sauce.
Step 4: Combining & Serving
Now it's time to put all of the delicious parts together! To start, return both chicken and shrimp to the skillet, and add the cooked pasta.
Then, just stir everything together until it's all fully covered in the creamy sauce, and serve immediately with some garlic bread and fresh chopped parsley on top of the alfredo pasta if you want. And to make it even tastier, you can add a little more grated parmesan on top of your chicken and shrimp pasta.
Storage and Reheating Instructions
If you end up with some leftovers, just store them in an airtight container or Ziploc bag. Stored like that, your leftover chicken and shrimp alfredo pasta will last for 3-4 days in the fridge.
To reheat, add a couple of teaspoons of water to a skillet over medium heat. Once that's warmed up, stir until it's hot. You can also add a tiny splash of olive oil or milk to loosen up the sauce. A pro tip is to try letting it sit in the hot skillet for a few minutes after it's warmed through. It turns into something like this Fried Spaghetti - so good!
Or you can also reheat the chicken & shrimp Alfredo pasta in the oven. This is great if you're reheating a lot at once. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and add the leftovers to an oven-safe dish. To avoid drying out, cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil before placing it in the oven. Bake for 15-30 minutes until it's hot and bubbly in the middle, then top with more grated parmesan cheese.
More Pasta Recipes
If you liked this homemade pasta dish, we have a ton of other dinner recipes that I think you'll like just as much!
Give one of these a try next:
- Fried spaghetti
- Green spaghetti
- Chicken spaghetti casserole
- Garlic shrimp spaghetti
- Jerk chicken pasta
- Shrimp scampi without wine
- 1 Chicken breast (4-6 oz.), cubed
- ½ Cup (4 0z.) shrimp, clean and deveined
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 2 Cups parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Package pasta of choice
- Prepare the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add the chicken breast. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken until it is golden brown on each side, about 5-7 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the rest of the butter and shrimp to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper and cook until shrimp turns pink and is fully cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Over medium heat, melt 1 tbsp. butter in the same skillet and pour in the heavy cream. Stir to combine. Then add the rest of the butter and parmesan cheese, stir again to combine.
- Return chicken and shrimp to the skillet and add the cooked pasta. Mix everything to cover it completely in the sauce.
- Serve with parmesan cheese on top and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 743Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 33g