These Nestle Toll House cookie bars are so soft and chewy, filled with chocolatey goodness in each bite. They literally melt in your mouth, are just addictive, and really easy to make!
Table of Contents
The Best Toll House Cookie Bars
There's nothing better than chewy chocolate chip cookies, and these cookie bars take original chocolate chip cookies to a whole new level.
This copycat recipe of Nestle Toll House cookie bars makes thick, dense squares with a soft and chewy texture and the most delicious buttery, brown sugar flavor. The ooey gooey chocolate chips in each bite make them to die for, and you won't be able to eat just one!
Everyone else who tries them will agree that this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. It's seriously that good!
Oh, and you'll love how easy the cookie bars are to make. So you can whip up this recipe whenever you need a dessert to impress your guests or if you want to treat your family to some cookie deliciousness.
Why This Recipe Works
Simple ingredients. You need all of the same ingredients that you'd use for any classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, so you probably have everything you need in your kitchen right now.
Easy to make. If you've ever made chocolate chip cookies, this recipe will be a breeze. And even if this is your first time baking cookies, you'll find the process to be effortless.
Crowd-pleaser. These cookie bars are a family favorite, and both kids and adults love them, so you know they'll be a hit!
As I just mentioned, you need all common baking ingredients for this recipe, and those ingredients are:
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup softened unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
And if you have these ingredients, then you have everything you need to make this Ghiradelli chocolate chip cookie recipe, so give that a try next for a classic recipe.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
1. Prep: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). and line a 9x9-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Beat the ingredients: In a large bowl, cream the butter with sugar, brown sugar, and salt until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
3. Make the cookie dough: Combine flour and baking powder with the rest of the ingredients and fold them in until just combined and a cookie dough forms. Add the chocolate chips and gently fold them into the dough.
4. Bake and serve: Transfer the chocolate chip cookie dough to the prepared baking dish and smooth out the top. Bake the cookie bars for 20-22 minutes or until they reach your desired doneness. Cool for a few minutes, then slice into about nine bars and enjoy warm.
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Use an electric hand mixer or stand mixer to achieve the best cookie dough texture.
- Top the cookie dough bars with extra chocolate chips before baking for some extra chocolatey goodness.
- Don't overmix the batter. Just fold the flour in until it combines with the wet ingreidents.
- Bake the cookies for a few minutes less if you like your cookies underdone.
- Use dark brown sugar for a robust caramelized flavor.
- Try using dark chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or even white chocolate chips for a different flavor.
- Serve the warm cookie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top for the ultimate dessert.
How To Store Cookie Bars
At room temperature: Keep the cookie bars in an airtight container or sealed bag for about 3 days.
In the fridge: Transfer the leftover cookie bars to the fridge, and they'll last for about 1 week.
In the freezer: Wrap each individual cookie bar in plastic wrap and store in a freezer-safe bag or container, Freeze for about 8 months. Let the cookies thaw at room temperature for a few minutes before enjoying them.
Reheating: For that fresh-out-of-the-oven experience, pop the cookie bar in the microwave for about 10 seconds and enjoy warm.
FAQS About This Toll House Cookie Bars Recipe
Is brown or white sugar better for chocolate chip cookie bars?
Both brown sugar and white sugar are best for a chocolate chip cookie bar. They each offer a different element that gives these bars the most incredible texture and flavor.
How do you know when cookie bars are done?
The best way to test if they're done is to stick a toothpick in the center of the tray, and if it comes out clean, the cookie bars are done.
How do you make cookie bars soft?
You'll want to make sure that you do not overmix the cookie dough and slightly underbake the cookie bars. They should be slightly crisp on the edges but still soft in the middle.
- Hershey's cocoa brownies
- McDonald's chocolate chip cookies
- White chocolate macadamia nut cookies
- Sweet potato cookies with chocolate chips
- Double chocolate chip cookies
- Small batch sugar cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar, brown sugar, and salt until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Fold in flour and baking powder and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the cookie bars for 20-22 minutes or until the inserted indicator is clean.
- Cool completely before slicing into bars.
- Serve as desired.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g