This sour cream dip recipe is so dang delicious. It combines tangy sour cream with onion powder, garlic powder, dried dill, dried parsley, and a little zesty mustard to make a quick and easy chip dip that everyone will love.
Table of Contents
The Best Sour Cream Dip
I've made quite a few dip recipes lately, but this easy sour cream dip might just be my all-time favorite. I mean, it just has the perfect balance of fresh, tangy, and savory flavors, and it's also perfectly thick and creamy.
Honestly, it kind of reminds me of the sour cream and onion dip that you can get from the grocery store, except it's even better.
It tastes incredible with a variety of dippers, like tortilla chips, raw veggies, potato chips, pretzels, bread slices, and so much more. So it really makes the perfect appetizer for hosting since everyone will be able to find something they like to dip into it!
Why This Recipe Works
Quick to make. Just mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, and this sour cream dip will be done in 1 minute!
The flavor. This delicious dip has the perfect balance of flavors, and it tastes better than a dip you'd buy from the store!
Crowd favorite. Since you can dip so many different things in this creamy dip, there's something for everyone. It's always a hit with kids and adults!
The ingredient list for this sour cream dip is super simple. In fact, I'm willing to bet you already have most - if not all - of the ingredients you'll need to make it on hand already!
Anyway, here's everything you'll need to make this veggie:
- 8oz. sour cream
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder, optional
If you have extra sour cream after making this recipe and want to make another easy dip recipe, you can use it to make this crack dip! It's a delicious ranch-based dip with bacon and shredded cheddar cheese, and it's truly the perfect complement to this sour cream dip.
How To Make Sour Cream Dip
1. Prep: Add the sour cream, mustard, onion powder, dried parsley, garlic powder, dried dill weed, a little salt, and paprika, if you're using it, to a large mixing bowl.
2. Make the dip: Mix all these ingredients together with a whisk for about a minute until they fully combine and you have a perfectly smooth dip.
3. Refrigerate: Refrigerate the dip for about 1-2 hours before serving to enhance the mixed flavors. Serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks, potato chips, tortilla chips, crusty bread, or anything else you want.
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Use full fat sour cream for an extra rich and creamy texture.
- For a lighter version, swap half the sour cream for plain Greek yogurt to give the dip a protein boost, or use fat free sour cream.
- Make Mexican sour cream dip by adding fresh salsa, lime juice, and a little shredded Mexican cheese.
- Make sour cream and onion dip by stirring in some caramelized onions and green onions.
- Prepare the dip a few days ahead of time for a super quick and convenient appetizer.
How To Store Sour Cream Dip
This recipe for sour cream dip makes 6 servings, so it should be the perfect amount to serve as a small appetizer at a party.
That said, if you're planning on having a big get-together, then you might want to double up on this recipe. Trust me, after everyone gives the dip a try, it'll be gone in minutes!
Anyway, if you end up with some leftover sour cream dip, you can transfer it to an airtight container and store the dip in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Oh, and since this chip dip stores so well, you can make it days in advance.
More Appetizer Recipes
If you're looking for some more easy appetizer recipes - just like this sour cream chip dip - we have a bunch on the blog that everyone is sure to love!
Here are some of our most popular ones:
- Smoked tuna dip
- Cheese ball
- Shrimp dip
- Skyline chili dip
- Chili cream cheese dip
- Cream cheese stuffed peppers
- Cream cheese dip
The BEST Sour Cream Dip Recipe (Prepped In Just 1 Minute)
This sour cream dip recipe is so dang delicious. It combines tangy sour cream with onion powder, garlic powder, dried dill, dried parsley, and a little zesty mustard to make a quick and easy chip dip that everyone will love. Best of all, this easy dip recipe takes less than 5 minutes to prepare!
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 1 minute
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dip
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Appetizer
8oz. sour cream
1 tbsp onion powder
½ tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried dill weed
1 tsp mustard
Salt to taste
½ tsp paprika powder, optional
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients until smooth and combined.
- Refrigerate the dip for 1-2 hours before serving for the best flavor.
- Serve with chips or veggies.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 82
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Protein: 1
Keywords: sour cream dip, sour cream dip recipe, how to make sour cream dip, best sour cream dip recipe, chip dip, recipe for sour cream dip, chip dip recipe, sour cream chip dip, sour cream dip for veggies, sour cream dip for potato chips, sour cream and onion dip recipe, easy sour cream dip recipe,