If you like the crispy brussel sprouts from Longhorn Steakhouse, you'll love this copycat recipe. These Longhorn brussel sprouts are buttery, sweet, and slightly spicy with a toasty outside and tender inside. They're bound to become your favorite quick, healthy, and delicious side dish!
Brussel sprouts usually get a bad rap, but I'm here to show you that they can taste fantastic if cooked right! And if you regularly cook brussel sprouts, this is sure to be the best brussel sprout recipe you'll ever have.
This Longhorn brussel sprouts recipe is made with an addictive spicy honey butter sauce and a double cooking method that makes them taste killer.
Of course, since they're a Longhorn steakhouse classic, you'll want to throw a couple of steaks on the grill to pair with these crispy brussel sprouts as well as a starchy side like these air fryer baked potatoes.
And don't limit yourself to steak. These Longhorn Steakhouse crispy brussel sprouts will work alongside any of your favorite proteins. I recommend trying them with this Longhorn mac and cheese, Longhorn parmesan crusted chicken, or Longhorn bourbon salmon for the full restaurant experience!
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Quick and easy. It'll take you under 15 minutes to make this recipe, and it's effortless to make.
The secret sauce. The ingredient combination that coats the brussel sprouts has a flavor like no other. I literally could eat the sauce with a spoon, it's that good!
Cooks perfect. The cooking process of blanching and flash frying results in perfectly cooked, crispy, and tender brussel sprouts every single time.
Versatile. The flavor is so delicious and goes with pretty much anything and everything. I always make this recipe when I need a quick side for dinner.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Brussel sprouts- fresh ones work best.
- Salt- just a pinch for the brussels.
- Oil- for frying.
- Butter- unsalted butter.
- Chili rub- or Calabrian chili powder.
- Sea salt- for the sauce.
- Honey- for the delicious coating on the sprouts.
- Sugar- for more sweetness.
How To Make Longhorn Brussel Sprouts
Step 1: Prep The Brussel Sprouts
Before you get started, give the brussel sprouts a good wash and set them aside. Then, get the water boiling. Fill a saucepan with water and make sure to salt it generously. Oh, and if you want the water to boil faster, cover the pot with a lid to trap the heat.
Step 2: Blanch The Brussel Sprouts
Put the sprouts in the water and blanch them for 4 minutes. Blanching the vegetables in boiling water will help retain as much of their nutritional value as possible. Also, the brussel sprouts don't need to be fully cooked at this stage, so don't worry if they still seem a little underdone. Once blanched, drain them well and set aside while you prepare the seasoning.
Step 3: Make The Seasoning
It's time to get some flavor going! In a small bowl, combine the chili rub, sea salt, honey, and sugar into a well-blended paste and set that aside for later.
Step 4: Fry and Season The Sprouts
To cook the brussels, the first thing you'll want to do is coat a frying pan in a thin layer of oil and bring it to medium-high heat. Once hot, flash fry the brussel sprouts until they're golden and crispy. This will only take a few minutes. As soon as they're nice and crispy, you can drain off any excess oil and transfer the Brussels sprouts to a large bowl.
Now it's time to make the sauce. Melt the butter in the microwave and pour it into the bowl of seasoning. Mix to combine, then pour it over the sprouts and give them a good toss to get them well coated in it before serving.
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Make sure to wash the brussel sprouts thoroughly before starting the recipe.
- Mix the brussel sprouts around the pan while you're cooking them to cook evenly.
- Add the brussels to the bowl of the melted butter chili rub blend and mix to coat them on all sides.
- For more flavor, add some parmesan cheese on top of the finished dish.
How To Store and Reheat
In the fridge: Store the leftover sprouts in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
In the freezer: Store in a freezer-safe bag or container in the freezer for about 6 months.
Reheating: Put the brussel sprouts in a frying pan with the butter sauce and heat over medium for a few minutes until warmed. Let the frozen brussel sprouts thaw in the fridge before reheating.
More Copycat Recipes
- Texas Roadhouse seasoned rice
- Panera broccoli cheese soup
- Chick Fil A grilled chicken nuggets
- Starbucks grilled cheese
- Rudy's creamed corn
- Popeyes chicken sandwich
- 2 lbs Brussel Sprouts
- Oil for frying
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoon Chili Rub
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Wash Brussel sprouts thoroughly.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and blanch the Brussel sprouts for 4 minutes.
- Remove them from the water and drain excess water.
- Mix together chili rub, sea salt, honey, and sugar in a bowl.
- Flash fry the Brussel sprouts in a pan covered in oil on high heat for a few minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Melt the butter and pour it in the bowl of chili rub, honey, etc.
- Mix those ingredients together and pour over the Brussel sprouts. Enjoy!
Serving Size:¼ lbs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Total Fat: 24.2gSaturated Fat: 14.8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 719mgCarbohydrates: 40.4gFiber: 6gSugar: 28.2gProtein: 6g