These hibachi noodles are downright delicious. The tender noodles are tossed in a homemade sauce blend and pan-fried until perfectly crispy. They're simple to make and get better and better with each bite!
Table of Contents
The Best Hibachi Noodles
These homemade hibachi noodles just hit different. They actually taste like something you'd get from a Japanese steakhouse but for a fraction of the price!
These delicious noodles are cooked in butter and tossed in a savory soy sauce and teriyaki sauce mixture that's exploding with flavor. The slightly crispy texture of the noodles is addictive, and after you see how easy they are to make, you'll want to whip this hibachi noodle recipe up every night for dinner.
Why This Recipe Works
One pan meal. Everything for this recipe cooks in one skillet, and the hibachi cooking process is super quick and easy.
Legit. These hibachi noodles are spot on to the ones you'd get from a Japanese steakhouse. The flavor and texture are on point!
Easy to customize. Make the hibachi noodles savory, spicy, or mixed with your favorite vegetables. They're so versatile!
Instant favorite. Everyone loves these hibachi noodles, even picky eaters!
The ingredients for hibachi noodles are actually all common household items. You probably have everything you need already!
Here's what you need to make this hibachi noodles recipe:
- ½lb. cooked noodles (yakisoba noodles or udon noodles are best)
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
How To Make Hibachi Noodles
1. Cook the minced garlic: Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
2. Add the noodles: Add the cooked noodles to the skillet and toss them in the garlic and melted butter.
3. Make the sauce: Let the hibachi noodles cook for a minute. Add the soy sauce, sugar, teriyaki sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss the noodles in the sauce to completely coat them. Remove them from the heat once completely coated.
4. Serve: Sprinkle sesame seeds over the noodles, serve hibachi noodles warm, and enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Pre-cook the noodles until al dente before adding to the skillet.
- Garnish the cooked hibachi noodles with chopped green onions
- Add hibachi vegetables and hibachi chicken to the noodles.
- Cook the noodles on a hibachi grill for the most authentic texture.
- Use dark soy sauce for a more robust flavor.
- Mix brown sugar in the sauce for a sweeter, deeper flavor.
- Top the noodles with red pepper flakes to make the noodles spicy.
How To Store Hibachi Noodles
In the fridge: Store leftover hibachi noodles in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
In the freezer: Transfer the hibachi noodles into a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheating: Place the Japanese hibachi noodles in a wok or large skillet on the stovetop at medium-high heat. Cook the noodles stirring until warm. You can also microwave them in 20-second increments until heated thoroughly. Thaw the frozen noodles in the fridge overnight before reheating.
FAQs About This Hibachi Noodles Recipe
What kind of noodles are used in hibachi?
The type of noodles that are used in hibachi noodles are yakisoba noodles. Ramen noodles and udon noodles also work well in this hibachi noodles recipe.
What oil do you use for hibachi?
Hibachi restaurants typically use a blend of oils like canola oil, toasted sesame oil, and peanut oil. This recipe uses a mix of butter and sesame oil to elevate the sauce mixture.
Is lo mein like Hibachi Noodles?
Lo mein noodles and hibachi noodles are essentially the same thing. Lo mein originated in China, while hibachi noodles originated in Japan.
More Noodle Recipes
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add cooked noodles and toss to coat with the butter.
- Add soy sauce, sugar, teriyaki sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss to combine and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the noodles and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g