This copycat Buffalo Wild Wings garlic parmesan chicken pasta recipe is the perfect dish when you're looking for something zesty and filling for dinner. Tender, juicy chicken breasts are smothered in an irresistible garlic parmesan sauce and tossed with perfect penne pasta. It doesn't get any better than this!
I am a huge fan of Buffalo Wild Wings, and even though they're known for their wings, the garlic parmesan chicken pasta is my favorite thing on the menu. So I had to recreate it at home, and I nailed it, which is why I make this copycat Garlic parmesan chicken pasta almost weekly.
The key to this incredible pasta dish is using the Buffalo Wild Wings garlic parmesan sauce. It's creamy and flavorful and pairs perfectly with the chicken breasts and pasta.
Table of Contents
Why This Is The Best Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta Recipe
- It has an award-winning flavor. Buffalo Wild Wings is a staple in so many cities across America, and for good reason! Their flavor pairings are off the charts, and the signature sauces are second to none. With this recipe, you can have this ultimate flavor-bomb pasta right in the comfort of your own home.
- It's made with common, simple ingredients. The ingredients in this garlic parmesan chicken pasta are so common you probably have them in your fridge right now. Things like cream cheese, chicken breasts, and parmesan are always on hand in my house.
- Everyone who tries this dish loves it. This is one of those meals that goes so fast in our house. I mean, who doesn't love delicious, rich, creamy pasta dishes? With the juicy chicken, parmesan cheese, and extra creamy sauce, this recipe is one even the toughest food critics will love!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Chicken breasts- boneless, skinless chicken breasts are perfect.
- Olive oil- or another neutral oil to cook the chicken breasts in.
- Chicken seasoning blend- flavorful spices that enhance the flavor of the chicken.
- Butter- adds richness to the garlic parmesan sauce.
- Cream cheese- room temperature, this makes the sauce absolutely decadent.
- Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic parmesan sauce- creamy, garlic sauce that packs a punch.
- Heavy cream- helps to thin out the sauce and adds even more richness.
- Parmesan cheese- grated. This adds a welcome nutty flavor.
- Pasta- penne, or another short noodle.
How to make Buffalo wild wings garlic parmesan chicken pasta
Step 1: Season the chicken
If you haven't done so already, cut the chicken breast into cubes. Then add the chicken to a bowl, drizzle the diced chicken with olive oil, and season with the seasoning blend.
Step 2: Grill the chicken
Preheat your grill or grill pan and cook the chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. Set the chicken aside. Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a bowl. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. When the pasta is cooked to al dente, set it aside.
Step 3: Make the sauce
In a large, deep skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter and the cream cheese together. Stir frequently until it's fully combined. Once combined, add in the Buffalo Wild Wings parmesan garlic sauce. Next, add the heavy cream and the grated cheese to the skillet and stir to combine everything to make the sauce mixture.
Step 4: Add the pasta
Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the skillet with the sauce. Stir the pasta and sauce together until the pasta is totally covered in the sauce.
Step 5: Add the chicken and serve
To finish up, add the cooked chicken to the skillet with the pasta and sauce. Give everything another good mix and garnish with fresh herbs if you'd like. Now serve warm and enjoy!
- If you don't have any chicken breasts, or you'd like to save time, you can use a store-bought rotisserie chicken in place of the grilled chicken. Simply skip that step in the recipe and add the cooked chicken at the end.
- I love penne pasta, but you could use Farfalle, Ziti, or another small noodle of your choosing.
- If you don't have a grill or grill pan, feel free to bake or pan-fry the chicken instead. It'll taste just as delicious!
- If you can't find the Buffalo Wild Wings branded garlic parmesan sauce, choose your favorite store-bought garlic parmesan sauce instead.
How To Store Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
If you happen to have any leftovers, you can transfer the pasta to an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To keep for longer, you can also store leftovers in the freezer. Transfer any leftovers to an airtight container or freezer bag and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months. Allow any frozen leftovers to defrost in the fridge overnight before reheating.
How To Reheat Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
When you're ready to eat the leftovers, place them in a large skillet over medium heat and stir frequently until heated through. About 5 minutes does the trick. If you want a quicker method, microwave a serving for a minute.
Buffalo Wilds Wings Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta Recipe FAQS
Where can I buy Buffalo Wild Wings garlic parmesan sauce?
This sauce should be readily available in any of your local supermarkets! You can also order it online here if you're having trouble finding it.
What is garlic parmesan sauce made of?
Garlic parmesan sauce is an incredible blend of garlic, parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, dried herbs, and a creamy mayonnaise base.
What can I serve with garlic parmesan chicken pasta?
More Chicken Pasta Recipes
- Olive Garden chicken pasta
- Chicken pasta casserole
- Crack chicken pasta
- Chicken pesto pasta
- Chicken and broccoli pasta
- 1lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Chicken seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cups Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1lb. penne pasta
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and season with the seasoning blend.
- Preheat your grill and grill the chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. Set the chicken aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large, deep skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter and the cream cheese together, stirring frequently. Add in the Parmesan Garlic sauce.
- Add that heavy cream mixture and the grated cheese into the skillet and stir to combine.
- Drain the pasta and add the pasta into the skillet with the sauce and stir to combine.
- Dice the cooked chicken up and mix that into the sauce. Serve warm.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 516Total Fat: 36gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 580mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gProtein: 31g