This Mexican candy shot is sweet, a little spicy, and is filled with delicious fruity flavors. And, of course, it has a sugared rim to finish it off as well. Best of all, it's incredibly easy to make - it takes just 1 minute!
Table of Contents
The Best Mexican Candy Shot
This Mexican candy shot recipe is a quick, easy, and delicious drink that will impress your friends and family!
Now, if you've never heard of Mexican candy shots, you're in for a real treat. It's commonly called Mexican lollipop shots because it tastes like a lollipop in shot form!
This delicious shot has the perfect balance between sweet and slightly spicy flavors, and it has a ton of refreshing fruity flavors to compliment the two.
And the best part is you can totally customize this Mexican candy shot recipe to however you want it to taste!
Honestly, there aren't many shot recipes better than this Mexican candy one if you want to get the party started in a delicious way. And they go great after an authentic Mexican dinner like some chicken birria tacos.
- Tequila- your favorite brand. Vodka and rum work too.
- Pink fruit juice- I used a mix of orange, cranberry, and guava. You can also use mango juice for classic mango Mexican candy shots.
- Tabasco- to taste.
- Sugar- for the candy portion of the shot.
- Ice cubes
- Lime- cut into wedges.
How To Make a Mexican Candy Shot
Step 1: Preparing The Shot Glasses
First, spread out some sugar on a small plate or put it in a bowl.
Then, rub a lime slice along the rim of the two -or more- regular-size shot glasses. Immediately dip the glasses into the sugar, press them down, and turn to coat the rim in the sugar.
Step 2: Mixing The Drink
Ok, so now you'll want to take out a cocktail shaker or any bottle that has a lid that can seal on top. Add a few ice cubes to the cocktail shaker along with the tequila, fruit juice, sugar, and hot sauce. Then, give the bottle about 10 shakes - or more - to mix everything completely. Now, to finish up, pour the mixture evenly into two shot glasses and garnish with lime wedges. Cheers!
Other Drink Recipes
If you want to give some more delicious alcoholic drinks a try, we have a few on the blog that are just as delicious as these Paleta shots. Give one of these a try next:
- Lemon drop shot
- Dill pickle shots
- Espresso martini
- Liquid marijuana shot
- Applesauce shot
- Chocolate mudslide
- Pink lemonade vodka drink
- White tea shot
- 1 oz tequila
- 2 oz pink fruit juice (I used a mix of orange, cranberry, and guava)
- Tabasco, to taste
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- ice cubes
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, optional
- Spread out sugar on a small plate.
- Rub a piece of lime slice around the rim of the shot glasses and then immediately dip into the sugar. Set aside.
- Add ice, tequila, fruit juice, sugar, and hot sauce to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well until sugar is completely dissolved (about 10 times).
- Pour the mixture into shot glasses. Garnish with lime wedges to serve. Cheers!
Serving Size:1 Shot
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 57Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g