These pickle shots make your average vodka shot actually taste delicious! Salty and tangy, this shot goes down easily with a pleasant aftertaste that you'll love, even if you don't like pickles!
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Pickle Shots Recipe
- Simple ingredients. It's made with only 2 ingredients: Vodka and pickle juice. I bet you have at least one of those in your pantry right now!
- You can easily double the recipe. This recipe is made with equal parts pickle juice and vodka. So it's easy to double or triple depending on how many servings you need.
- It's a conversation starter. There's no denying this vodka pickle shot is unique! Trust me, this is the best way to get everyone talking at the party.
- Crowd pleaser. A lot of people love pickleback shots and dirty martinis, so it's no wonder these pickle shots are so popular every time I make them.
For the pickle shots:
- Dill Pickle Juice- You can use other pickle juice like sweet pickle brine or even spicy pickle juice if you'd prefer a spicier experience.
- Vodka- use your favorite one! Unflavored vodka works best.
- Tajin seasoning- to coat the rim and add a slightly spicy kick. You can also use a mix of celery salt and chili powder instead.
- Gherkin Pickles- for a fun garnish and something to eat after you take the shot.
I got the idea of the rim seasoning and inspiration for this pickle shot recipe from this YouTube. So you can check that out if you want a visual reference for how it's made!
How To Make Pickle Shots
Step 1: Add the pickle juice and vodka to a cocktail shaker and give it a couple of good shakes until the liquid is combined and cooled.
Step 2: Add a bit of pickle juice to a shallow plate and dip the rim of the shot glass in it. Then dip the shot glass in the tajin seasoning to coat the entire rim. Repeat with the rest of the shot glasses.
Step 3: Pour the mixed pickle shot into the shot glasses and garnish with a pickle if desired. Cheers!
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of pickle juice is best to use?
Classic dill pickle juice will give the shots the best flavor. I always have Mt. Olive kosher dill spears on hand and use the juice from that.
Can I use a different kind of liquor in this pickle shot?
Yes! Another great mixer with pickle juice is tequila or whiskey. The pickle juice works well to cut the harsh flavor of the straight alcohol. It's honestly tasty with any alcohol, so drink responsibly!
More Drink Recipes
- Sweet Tart Shot
- Green Tea Shot
- Lemon Drop Shot
- Mexican Candy Shot
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot
- Jungle Juice
- 5 oz. Dill Pickle Juice
- 5 oz. Vodka
- Tajin or a quarter teaspoon of chili powder and celery salt
- Gherkin Pickles
- Add the pickle juice and vodka to a shaker.
- Shake until fully combined.
- If you would like to use the tajin garnish, dip the rims of the shot glasses in a bit of extra pickle juice and then dip it in the seasonings to coat the rims.
- Pour the juice and vodka mixture into the shot glasses and garnish with a pickle.
Serving Size:1 shot
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g