I'm always finding ways to eat more vegetables, and this chicken broccoli stuffing casserole recipe is one of my favorite ways to do that. It's packed with delicious veggies and flavorful chicken, topped with a stuffing that enhances the flavor. Even the pickiest eaters love it!
Table of Contents
My Take On a Chicken Broccoli Stuffing Casserole
If you've been looking for a new dinner recipe your family will request on a weekly basis, look no further than this recipe!
This casserole is filled with tender onions, carrots, celery, and broccoli all in one bite! Along with that, it has chicken and stuffing with a layer of ooey-gooey cheese on top. It really is the perfect recipe to get a ton of veggies in but in a delicious way.
Another reason I love it is this chicken broccoli stuffing casserole is made pretty quickly using precooked or leftover chicken. That's why I love making it for family gatherings, and it actually makes the perfect addition to any Thanksgiving table. I always serve it with these cheesy mashed potatoes, and the meal is a hit!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
You can customize it. It's really simple to add or subtract any veggies that you want. Some veggies I'll add from time to time are corn and peas.
It's perfect to make ahead of time. You can bake this casserole and store it in the fridge. Then you can just warm it up quickly before dinner!
Always a crowd pleaser. This casserole is usually one of the first dishes to be finished when I bring it to a get-together. My younger cousins even love it, and they are such picky eaters! Especially when it comes to something with vegetables.
- Onion- I used diced white onion.
- Carrots & celery- for tiny bits of crunch in each bite.
- Broccoli- I'll cut the broccoli into small florets for bite-sized pieces.
- Chicken- for the protein in this recipe. I suggest using pre-cooked chicken breast or rotisserie chicken.
- Chicken soup- adds a little creaminess and delicious flavor.
- Chicken stock- this is what keeps the stuffing moist and tender.
- Stuffing- homemade or store-bought stuffing both will work great.
- Olive oil- you can use any oil you want, but I prefer EVOO.
- Mozzarella cheese- for the delicious melted cheesy topping.
How To Make Chicken Broccoli Stuffing
1. Prep work. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180ºC) and grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Mix the diced onion, carrot, celery, and broccoli in a large mixing bowl.
2. Complete the casserole. Add the cooked chicken, chicken soup, chicken stock, stuffing, and olive oil to the bowl and mix all of it together with the vegetables.
3. Top with cheese. Transfer the mixture to your prepared casserole dish and evenly top with the mozzarella cheese.
4. Bake and serve. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for a few more minutes, just until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Serve warm and enjoy.
My Pro Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Fresh veggies hold up the best in this casserole recipe. They keep their bite without becoming too mushy.
- You can swap the chicken soup for cream of celery or cream of mushroom soup for another delicious flavor combination.
- Mozzarella cheese is the go-to cheese in my house, but you can totally swap it out for another favorite cheese. I think cheddar cheese would also go great on top.
How I Recommend Storing This Casserole
In the fridge: I'll just put a lid on my casserole dish, but you can also transfer slices to an airtight container. It stores well in the fridge for about 4 days.
In the freezer: I also love making this casserole for a make-ahead freezer meal. The entire casserole or individual slices can be frozen in a freezer-safe bag for 3 months.
Reheating: My favorite way to reheat it is in a dish in the oven at 350°F for about 15 minutes. You can also reheat individual servings in 20-second increments until warm.
More Of My Favorite Casserole Recipes To Try Next
- Chicken crescent roll casserole
- Chicken mushroom casserole
- Macaroni corn casserole
- Vegetable casserole
- Artichoke casserole
- Farmers casserole
- 1 cup onion, diced
- ½ cup carrot, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 can chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 cups stuffing
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180ºC) and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Mix the onion, carrot, celery, broccoli, chicken, chicken soup, chicken stock, stuffing, and olive oil in a bowl and transfer to a baking tray.
- Top with mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for a few more minutes, just until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Serve warm and enjoy.
Serving Size:½ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 11.2gSaturated Fat: 2.9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 753mgCarbohydrates: 23.6gFiber: 2.6gSugar: 3.9gProtein: 22.2g