The Sweet Tart shot recipe is the perfect thing to serve if you're hosting. It's made with the candy and a little vodka for one of the most fun drinks ever! Everyone will love it, and it's sure to get the good times rolling.
The flavor of this drink really brings me back to when I was a kid sitting in the movies crunching on some Sweet Tart candy. It has all of the delicious flavors of the candy with alcohol for some adult fun!
I love making this recipe when I know I'm hosting friends. It's super easy to make, and everyone always can't get over how good it is. I mean, who doesn't love Sweet Tart candies?!
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- You can make it into a drink. If you don't want a shot, you can use this recipe to make a cocktail or martini!
- It makes enough for a crowd. This recipe makes enough for about 12 shots, so you'll have plenty to pass around to your friends! You can easily double the recipe if you want more shots, too.
- You can change the flavor and color. Depending on what color Sweet Tart you use, the shot will have a different color and slightly different flavor.
Ingredients You'll Need
For the homemade Sweet Tart simple syrup:
- Granulated sugar
- Sweet Tart candies- use any colors or combination of colors that you want! I went with the soft, lighter colors, and my syrup came out a honey color.
To complete the shot:
- Vodka- use your favorite one!
- Sweet Tart syrup- made from the ingredients above.
- Sugar- for rimming the glasses. This is optional, but it adds a sweet touch that pairs well with the tart syrup flavor.
How To Make A Sweet Tart Shot
Step 1: Make the sweet tart syrup. In a medium saucepan, add the water, sugar, and Sweet Tart candies of your choice, and stir to combine everything together.
Step 2: Cook it down. Bring the mixture to a simmer over low heat and let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes until the syrup has thickened.
Step 3: Let it cool. Remove it from the heat and pour it into a heat-proof bowl or mason jar. Place the bowl or jar in the fridge to cool completely before using.
Step 4: Make the shot. If desired, coat the shot glass rim in sugar by brushing a little syrup or water around the glass rim and rolling the rim of the glass in sugar.
Step 5: Shake and serve. Add the desired amount of vodka and Sweet Tart syrup to an ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake well to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared shot glass and enjoy!
How To Make A Sweet Tart Drink
If you want to turn this recipe into a cocktail instead of a shot, you easily can! There are two ways that you can make the drink. One is to mix 1oz of the syrup and 2oz vodka with soda water, lemon-lime soda, or the drink of choice.
Or you can mix 1oz vodka, 1oz Amaretto, and 1oz of Blue Cruacoa with ½oz lemon or lime juice or pour it into a martini glass to make a Sweet Tart martini.
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Make the shot with tequila instead of vodka, and rim the shot glasses with salt instead of sugar.
- Mix things up by using flavored vodkas like blueberry, strawberry, or raspberry vodka.
- Substitute the vodka entirely with raspberry liqueur, blue curaçao, or peach schnapps.
- Make it nonalcoholic by mixing the syrup with lemon-lime soda and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Use all one color of Sweet Tarts when making the syrup to make a uniform flavor and more pronounced color. My favorite to make is an all-blue candy shot.
How To Store The Simple Syrup
While I don't recommend storing the shot once it's mixed, you can absolutely store the Sweet Tart syrup in the fridge if you don't use all of it. Transfer it to an airtight container or glass jar and store it in the fridge for up to one month. I think it's best when used within the first 2 weeks, though. Then whenever you want a shot or drink, just assemble it as described above.
More Drink Recipes
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot
- Dill Pickle Shots
- Lemon Drop Shot
- White Tea Shot
- Vegas Bomb
- Green Tea Shot
- Jungle Juice
Sweet Tart Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup Sweet Tart candies (color or color combination of your choice)
For The Shot:
- 1 oz vodka
- ½ oz Sweet Tart syrup
- Sugar for rimming glass (optional)
- Put water, sugar, and Sweet Tarts in a medium saucepan and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over low heat and let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes until the syrup has thickened.
- Remove from heat and pour into a heat-proof bowl or mason jar. Place the bowl or jar in the fridge to cool completely before using.
- Add vodka and Sweet Tart syrup to an ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake well.
- If desired, coat the shot glass rim in sugar by brushing a little syrup around the glass rim and rolling the rim of the glass in the sugar.
- Pour mixture into prepared shot glass.
The ingredient measurements are for 1 shot. The syrup will make enough for about 12 shots.
To make a Sweet Tart cocktail, mix ½ oz of the Sweet Tart syrup with 2 oz vodka and some soda water or lemon-lime soda. Add a few ice cubes if desired.
To make a Sweet Tart martini, mix 1oz vodka, 1oz Amaretto, and 1oz of Blue Cruacoa with ½oz lemon or lime juice and pour it into a martini glass.
Serving Size:1 shot
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 0g