This shrimp casserole is anything but your average, run-of-the-mill seafood casserole. It's made with perfectly seasoned shrimp, hearty wild rice, and a rich, creamy sauce that's to die for. Then, all of that tastiness is brought together with an ooey-gooey cheese topping. It's just so good!
Table of Contents
My Take On Shrimp Casserole
This shrimp and wild rice casserole put all other shrimp casserole recipes to shame. At least any other seafood-based ones.
It's just so simple, yet so tasty. I mean, this casserole has, of course, tender shrimp that's perfectly cooked and seasoned, some creamy soup, tasty rice, and melted cheese on top of all of that.
What's not to love about that combination?!
Plus, this casserole is a breeze to make. With minimal hands-on work required, it's an ideal busy weeknight dinner. While you're waiting for it to bake, you can make some equally delicious sides to go with it. Some of my favorites are these sugar snap peas, these sweet potato biscuits, this corn cake, or even these honey glazed carrots.
- Shrimp- peeled and deveined. If you're using frozen shrimp, make sure to thaw it first.
- Brown rice- for the filling. Feel free to use wild rice, white rice, or any other rice you want.
- Cream of celery soup- for the creamy sauce. You can also use cream of mushroom soup.
- Cheddar cheese- for the delicious topping.
- Paprika powder and onion powder- for extra flavor.
- Salt and pepper
How To Make Shrimp Casserole
Step 1: Cook the shrimp and rice. Bring two medium-sized pots of water to a boil. Then, in one pot of boiling water, you can cook the rice of your choice according to the package directions. Add the shrimp to the other pot and cook for about 5 minutes or until they're fully cooked, then drain the water, and set the shrimp aside.
Step 2: Combine the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180ºC) and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or oil. Then, in a large bowl, add the cooked shrimp, cooked rice, cream of celery soup, paprika powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Give all of these ingredients a good mix until the ingredients combine well with one another.
Step 3: Bake the casserole. Transfer the casserole mixture to the prepared casserole dish and finish it off by sprinkling the shredded cheddar cheese evenly over the top of it. Bake the shrimp casserole for about 25 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly and golden brown on top. Serve warm with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top, and enjoy!
How I Recommend Storing Shrimp Casserole
This recipe makes about 4-6 large servings, depending on how you portion it out. It's usually the perfect amount for me for a big family dinner, and we even have leftovers the next day.
Speaking of leftovers, you can either put a lid on the entire casserole dish or transfer the casserole to an airtight container. Stored either of these ways, it'll last in the fridge for about 3-4 days.
How I Reheat Shrimp Casserole
I like to put the leftovers back in a baking dish and cover it with foil. Then I'll just pop it in the oven at 300°F for about 10-15 minutes or until the cheese melts again and the filling is warmed through.
More Casserole Recipes To Try
If you liked the simplicity of this recipe, we have a ton of other casserole recipes on the blog that you can try next! Here are a few of our most popular ones:
- Poppy seed chicken casserole
- Salmon casserole
- Crab casserole
- Tuna noodle casserole
- John Wayne casserole
- Broccoli cheddar casserole
- 2 cups Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups Brown or Wild Rice, cooked
- 1 can Cream of Celery Soup
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tsp. Paprika Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Bring a pot with water to a boil. Add the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes or until fully cooked. Drain the water.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180ºC).
- In a bowl, combine the cooked shrimp, rice, cream of celery soup, paprika powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix everything to combine.
- Grease a baking dish and transfer the mixture to it. Cover evenly with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 31g