This Bahama Mama tropical smoothie is a deliciously refreshing drink that's great for relaxing on a hot summer day. It has the perfect blend of tropical fruits and a sweet addition of white chocolate chips. But, the best part about this Bahama Mama recipe is that you can make it with just a few simple ingredients - and in just 1 minute!
Table of Contents
The Best Bahama Mama Tropical Smoothie
Whether you're chilling on the beach in the Bahamas or sitting in the backyard on a hot summer day, this Bahama Mama Smoothie recipe will make you feel relaxed and refreshed. It's healthy, fresh, and pretty much a tropical vacation for your tastebuds.
Now, since the Bahama Mama tropical smoothie has been around for a long time, there are different recipes out there. Currently, the most popular version is the Bahama Mama tropical smoothie from the Tropical Smoothie Café.
But this strawberry pineapple smoothie recipe I'm about to share with you is one of the healthier variations, and it's super easy to make. Also - dare I say it - it's better than the one you can get at Tropical Smoothie Café.
Sounds too good to be true, right? Well, I have a feeling that after you taste it you'll know exactly why I'm hyping it up.
Honestly, this recipe has become my go-to fruit smoothie when I'm in need of something light, refreshing, and filling.
Why You'll Love This Smoothie Recipe
Quick and easy: You can make this delicious drink in just 1 minute, and all you have to do is blend the ingredients.
Healthy: Since this smoothie is basically all frozen fruit, it's super healthy along with b being delicious.
Customizable: You can add anything you want to this smoothie and adjust it to fit your taste buds.
Delicious: You won't find a more refreshing smoothie than this one. It has the perfect balance of sweet tropical flavors and is just so good.
As I mentioned earlier, you can make this Bahama Mama tropical smoothie with only a few simple ingredients.
Here are all the ingredients you need to make this healthy smoothie:
- 5 oz. Strawberries (fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries)
- 2 oz. Shredded Coconut
- 3 oz. Pineapple (fresh pineapple or frozen pineapple)
- ½ Banana (optional)
- ¼ cup White Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1 cup Ice
How To Make Bahama Mama Smoothie
1. Prep the smoothie. Add the milk of your choice, pineapple, strawberries, coconut, and white chocolate chips to a blender. You can use frozen fruit, but if you're using fresh fruit, wash it and chop the pineapple and strawberries so it's easier to blend.
2. Blend the ingredients. Blend all of the fruit with the milk until it's smooth and combined. Add one cup of ice to the blender for a thicker texture and blend again until smooth.
3. Serve. Pour the smoothie into a tall glass with some shredded coconut flakes on top. I also like to add on a few extra white chocolate chips and eat the top of the smoothie with a spoon. Enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Use frozen fruit for an extra thick and smooth texture.
- Skip the ice if you're using other frozen ingredients since it will water down the smoothie a little.
- Add chia seeds for some plant based protein to make the delicious smoothie even healthier.
- Try using coconut milk or almond milk for a vegan smoothie.
How To Store A Smoothie
In the fridge: You can keep any leftover smoothie in a sealed glass jar in the fridge for about 24 hours.
In the freezer: Transfer the smoothie to an airtight container or sealed jar and freeze for up to 3 months. Let it thaw for a few minutes before drinking. You can also pour the smoothie into an ice cube tray and then reblend the smoothie with a little milk before enjoying it.
FAQS About This Bahama Mama Smoothie
Can I add protein to this smoothie?
Yes, vanilla protein powder is a great addition to this copycat recipe. This makes it a great post-workout smoothie or quick breakfast to keep you fuller for longer.
Should I use fresh or frozen fruit?
Frozen fruit is best if you want a smoothie with a super thick and creamy texture. With that said, fresh fruit with ice will work great too.
Is Bahama Mama smoothie healthy?
Yes, this copycat recipe t is super healthy since it's basically only made with fruit. You can leave out the chocolate chips if you want to make it even healthier. The actual one you'd get from the restaurant is not as healthy since it has a ton of added sugar in it.
Want to try out some more delicious drinks? If you do, we have a bunch on the blog that is super popular!
Give one of these a try next:
- Wendy's frosty
- Oreo McFlurry
- Salted caramel cream cold brew
- Vanilla sweet cream cold foam
- Caramel frappuccino
Bahama Mama Smoothie
The Bahama Mama tropical smoothie is a deliciously refreshing drink that's great for relaxing on a hot summer day. This Bahama Mama smoothie has the perfect blend of tropical fruits and a sweet addition of white chocolate chips. But the best part is that you can make it with a few simple ingredients in just 1 minute!
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 1 minute
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
5 oz. Strawberries (fresh or frozen)
2 oz. Shredded Coconut
3 oz. Pineapple (fresh or frozen)
¼ cup White Chocolate Chips
½ cup Milk
1 cup Ice
- Add the pineapple, strawberries, coconut, white chocolate chips, and milk to a blender.
- Blend all the fruits at high speed until a smooth texture forms.
- Pour 1 cup of ice cubes into the blender and blend again until smooth to chill the smoothie.
- Serve the smoothie in a glass with shredded coconut sprinkled on top.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 128
- Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
Keywords: bahama mama smoothie, bahama mama tropical smoothie, bahama mama smoothie, bahama mama smoothie recipe, healthy smoothie, healthy smoothie recipe, healthy smoothie recipes, best smoothie recipe, fruit smoothie, fruit smoothie recipe, bahama mama from tropical smoothie recipe, is the bahama mama smoothie healthy, fruit smoothie recipe with frozen fruit, how to make bahama mama smoothie, how to make fruit smoothie,