Say goodbye to boring corn dishes, this jalapeno corn casserole recipe is packed with flavor! Sweet corn and spicy jalapenos are mixed together in a cream cheese sauce and topped with shredded cheese. It's the perfect side dish for the holidays, a weeknight dinner, or any occasion!
If you're a fan of corn, you're going to fall in love with this spicy take on the comfort food classic. After I made this creamy jalapeno casserole for the first time, it's become a staple in my home!
We absolutely love the juicy corn mixed with the spicy kick of the jalapeno peppers. The spice isn't too overpowering, though, thanks to the cream cheese and butter mixture, making this a dish fit for everyone.
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's truly easy to make. This casserole takes no time at all to prep, and the only hands-on work you have to do is mixing the ingredients. All the cooking is done by the oven!
A delicious combination. We love spice in my house, so jalapenos are no stranger to us. Combined with the coolness of the cream cheese mixture and the melted Monterey Jack cheese on top, it's a total winner!
A popular dish with everyone. Since the casserole is so easy to prepare, it makes the perfect recipe to whip up if you need something to bring over to someone's house. My extended family went wild when I brought this casserole to Thanksgiving last year. I knew it'd be a classic for years to come!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Frozen corn kernels- the main part of the dish.
- Jalapeno peppers- for that subtle kick of spice. Make sure the peppers are seeded and chopped.
- Butter- let it soften on the counter before starting the recipe.
- Cream cheese- to balance out the spice. You'll also want to let if soften first.
- Shredded monterey cheese- you can use any shredded cheese you want.
- Heavy cream- to give the corn an addictive creamy texture.
- Ground black pepper- optional for more flavor.
- Fresh green onion- for garnishing.
How To Make Jalapeno Corn Casserole
Step 1: Prep work. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200ºC) and grease a round 9-inch casserole dish or something that's similar in size with nonstick cooking spray. Add the corn, jalapeno peppers, cream butter, cream cheese, and heavy cream to a large bowl and mix to combine.
Step 2: Assemble the casserole. Pour the corn mix into the prepared casserole dish, sprinkle the diced jalapeno pepper on top, and cover all of it evenly with the shredded cheese.
Step 3: Bake and enjoy. Bake for about 45 minutes until warm, and the cheese is bubbly, then garnish with green onions and serve immediately.
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Use the frozen corn! Some recipes call for fresh corn, but I've found frozen corn works the best.
- You can always raise or lower the spice level in this casserole by adding more or less jalapenos.
- Leave your butter and cream cheese out on the counter for 10-20 minutes prior to mixing to ensure they have enough time to soften.
This casserole is delicious alone, but it's even better if you pair it with the right dishes. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Jiffy jalapeno cornbread
- Meatloaf with stuffing
- Fried chicken
- Taco cornbread casserole
- Cream cheese chicken enchiladas
How To Store Corn Casserole with Jalapenos
In the fridge: Put any leftovers in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
In the freezer: To keep for longer, transfer the leftovers to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 4 months.
Reheating: I've found the best way to reheat this dish in the oven at 350°F for 10 minutes. It also reheats well in the microwave in 30-second increments for a quicker method.
More Casserole Recipes
- Macaroni corn casserole
- Mixed vegetable casserole
- Artichoke casserole
- Chicken noodle casserole
- Chicken cornbread casserole
- Southern sweet potato casserole
- 6 cups Frozen Corn Kernels
- Jalapeno Peppers, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup Butter, softened
- ½ cup Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Monterrey Cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- Ground Black Pepper (optional)
- Fresh green onion for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200ºC) and grease the casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the corn, jalapeno peppers, cream butter, cream cheese, and heavy cream to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Pour the corn mix into the prepared casserole dish, sprinkle fresh pepper on top, and cover with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 days or freezer for 4 months. Reheat in 30-second increments in the microwave till warm.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 20.7gSaturated Fat: 12.3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 207mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 5.2gProtein: 10g