This crock pot mac and cheese recipe is the best. It has tender macaroni noodles coated in a rich and creamy Velveeta cheese mix and extra seasonings for even more flavor. Trust me, once you get a bite of this crock pot macaroni and cheese, you'll want to make it all the time!
Table of Contents
The Best Crock Pot Mac And Cheese
This slow cooker mac and cheese has everything you need if you're hosting or need an easy weeknight dinner. It's effortless to put together, is all hands-off cooking, and tastes amazing!
The mac & cheese is perfectly rich, creamy, and cheesy. It has an incredible flavor from a few secret ingredients that you just can't get in any other recipe.
I'm obsessed with this homemade macaroni and cheese, and it's perfect for literally every occasion. You can serve it with these BBQ chicken sliders or beef ribs in the oven, and everyone won't be able to stop talking about the meal!
Why This Recipe Works
Simple to prepare. You literally just add all of the ingredients to your crock pot, which will take a few minutes, and let it cook. That's it!
Crowd-favorite. I can't count how many times I've made this creamy macaroni and cheese for get-togethers, and it's always a hit. Kids and adults both love it, so you know you'll everyone will be happy.
A winning combination. From the tender elbow macaroni to the blend of seasonings and decadent cheese, this mac and cheese is perfect!
Another thing I love about this slow cooker mac and cheese recipe is it's made with 7 simple ingredients. If you have Velveeta in your pantry, you probably have everything else you need to make this crock pot mac and cheese.
Check out all of the ingredients:
- 8oz. elbow macaroni
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2oz. evaporated milk
- 8oz. Velveeta cheese
- Salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika powder
You can use any extra elbow macaroni to make this crock pot chicken casserole next!
How To Make Crock Pot Mac And Cheese
1. Prep: Spray the bottom and sides of the crock pot with cooking spray.
2. Combine the ingredients. Add the uncooked macaroni, milk of your choice, evaporated milk, Velveeta cheese, salt, paprika powder, and garlic powder to the crock pot. Give everything a stir so it can combine.
3. Cook and serve: Cover the crock pot with a lid and cook the mac and cheese mixture on low for 2 hours. Give it a good stir when the time is up and serve warm. Enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Add additional shredded sharp cheddar cheese or any shredded cheese to the top for extra cheesy mac and cheese.
- Add 2 ounces of cream cheese for an extra decadent mac and cheese.
- Leave out the paprika and garlic powder if you just want a classic flavor.
- Give the mac and cheese a stir after about an hour of cooking.
- Double or triple the recipe if you're hosting. Everyone will want seconds!
How To Store Crock Pot Mac And Cheese
In the fridge: Store any leftover mac and cheese in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days.
In the freezer: You can also freeze any leftovers in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months.
Reheating: Put the leftover mac and cheese in a bowl and microwave in 30-second increments until warm. Let the frozen mac and cheese thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
FAQs About This Crock Pot Mac and Cheese Recipe
Can you keep Velveeta mac and cheese warm in crock pot?
Yes, once the mac and cheese is cooked, turn the heat to the warm setting. You can keep it in the crock pot for an additional 2-3 hours. Just make sure to stir it every 30 minutes or so.
Which cheese is best for mac n cheese?
The best cheese for mac and cheese is definitely Velveeta. It's smooth, rich, and has a flavor that you just can't get with any other cheese. Cheddar cheese is also a great addition to top mac and cheese since the flavor goes really well with Velveeta.
How do you amp up Velveeta mac and cheese?
You can add some extra ingredients to the Velveeta mac and cheese, like cream cheese, onion powder, dry mustard, and smoked paprika. You can also mix in some diced jalapenos, broccoli, bacon, or shredded chicken.
More Crock Pot Recipes
- Crock pot taco casserole
- Crockpot cheesy potatoes
- Crockpot salsa chicken
- Crockpot Buffalo chicken dip
- Crock pot cube steak
- Crock pot tater tot casserole
- Crock pot hashbrown casserole
- Spray a crock pot with cooking spray.
- Add all the ingredients into the crock pot and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Stir once more and serve warm.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 21g