This cream cheese frosting without butter is a one-step recipe that will change your desserts for the better. It's deliciously sweet and creamy with a silky smooth texture. I love to put this cream cheese frosting on homemade brownies, but you can literally put it on any of your favorite desserts!
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe With No Butter
- The creamy consistency is perfect. Even though this recipe excludes butter, it still has a slightly thick yet smooth consistency that's just perfect for all desserts.
- It's delicious. Dare I say this no-butter cream cheese frosting is better than any cream cheese frosting I've had before? Seriously, I even think it's one of the best frosting recipes I've ever had!
- You can put it on anything! The frosting pairs so well with almost any cake, brownie, or cookie recipe. I've listed some of my go-to recipes later on to spread this cream cheese frosting on.
- It's a quick and easy cream cheese frosting recipe. This recipe is beyond simple, taking just one step to make! You can whip it up in literally just a few minutes!
Ingredients To Make Cream Cheese Frosting No Butter
- Cream cheese- the cream cheese takes center stage in this frosting recipe. I love using full-fat cream cheese because it's so creamy. But feel free to use low-fat cream cheese if you'd prefer.
- Powdered sugar- the ingredient that makes this frosting so light and airy, also giving it the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Vanilla extract- Balances out the delicious sweetness with a perfect vanilla flavor.
How To Make Cream Cheese Frosting Without Butter
Step 1: In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat with a hand mixer or stand mixer at low speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Step 2: Spread the cream cheese frosting immediately on anything you want, or store it in the fridge if you want it to thicken up a bit.
What To Put Cream Cheese Frosting On
This cream cheese icing is perfect to make any dessert that much better. Here are some of my go-to dessert recipes to spread this cream cheese frosting on.
In the fridge: The best way to store cream cheese frosting is in the fridge. After you mix it, transfer it to an airtight container and keep the cream cheese icing in the fridge for up to a week. You'll want to let it soften at room temperature before you use it.
In the freezer: To keep it for longer, you can store the frosting in a freezer-safe airtight container for up to a month. Let it thaw in the fridge until it softens before spreading it on anything you want.
FAQS About This Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
How do I make chocolate cream cheese frosting?
You can easily make a chocolate frosting by adding a bit of cocoa powder. ¼ cup of cocoa powder will do the trick, and you can just mix it in with the rest of the ingredients.
How can I thicken cream cheese frosting?
To thicken the cream cheese frosting, add more confectioner sugar. Gradually add the confectioner sugar as you mix the ingredients until it reaches your desired consistency.
How long can cream cheese frosting sit at room temperature?
You can leave the frosting out for up to 2 hours before having to refrigerate it. Keep in mind that the longer it sits out, the thinner the frosting will get.
More Dessert Recipes
- Pumpkin Cookies
- Oreo Cupcakes
- Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
- Rice Pudding with Condensed Milk
- Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat with a hand mixer or stand mixer at low speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Use immediately or store in the fridge to thicken up.
Store the frosting in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Serving Size:½ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 0gSugar: 54gProtein: 3g