The Cheesecake Factory brown bread recipe is so close to the real thing everyone will think you got the restaurant to cater. It has that same crispy crust and fluffy inside with that iconic flavor that's just so good!
Table of Contents
The Best Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
If you've ever been to the Cheesecake Factory, you're probably familiar with the extensive menu. And although there are a ton of delicious options, I think the best thing they serve has to be the brown bread.
I mean, there's just nothing like Cheesecake Factory's brown bread, and you can recreate the incredible bread with this copycat recipe!
This homemade Cheesecake Factory brown bread has the perfect rich, sweet flavor with a crisp crust and soft and fluffy inside. Spread a slap of butter on the warm bread, and you'll want to eat the entire loaf!
It's the perfect side for dinner that everyone will obsess over, especially if you serve it with this Cheesecake Factory four cheese pasta.
Why This Recipe Works
Easy to make. The step by step recipe instructions make it really easy to make this brown bread from scratch, and you don't even need a bread machine to make it.
The ingreidents. Everything used in this Cheesecake Factory brown bread copycat recipe combines to give the bread that perfect balance of unique flavors and the best bread texture ever.
The real deal. There's really nothing like this brown bread recipe. The taste and texture are so spot on to the Cheesecake Factory you won't be able to tell the difference between this homemade version and the real thing.
This Cheesecake Factory brown bread recipe is actually made with simple ingredients. They're common kitchen pantry items, so you might even have everything you need to make it at home already!
Check out all of the Cheesecake Factory brown bread ingredients:
- 1 ¼ tsp active dry yeast
- 1 ¼ cup warm water, around 110°F
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules or espresso powder
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 ¾ cup bread flour
- Rolled oats, for topping
How To Make Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
1. Prep the bread: First, combine water, sugar, and yeast in a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes or until foamy. In the meantime, stir together the whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, and coffee in a bowl.
2. Combine the ingredients: Add the foamy yeast mixture, along with molasses, honey, and melted butter, into the bowl of the flour mix. Add 1 ½ cups of the bread flour and mix a little at a time. If the dough is sticky, add more flour as needed.
3. Knead and rise: Once everything is mixed, knead the dough with your hands or a stand mixer with a bread hook for 10 minutes. Transfer the kneaded dough to a clean bowl greased with some cooking oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
4. Form the bread: Punch the dough down in the bowl after it rises. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and shape the dough into 2 logs. Place the logs onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush the loaves with some oil and add oats on top. Now let the bread rest for 30 minutes.
5. Bake the bread: Preheat the oven to 375°F when the 30 minutes is almost up. Score the bread 4 to 5 times and bake it in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Let the bread cool slightly, then slice and serve warm with butter. Enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Make sure to use hot water for the yeast mixture that is around 105°F-110°F.
- Add a little more bread flour to the bread mixture if it's sticking to the bowl or your hands.
- Use a lightly oiled bowl to let the bread rise, or it will get stuck on the sides.
- Let the dough rise in a somewhat warm place. Somewhere on the kitchen counter is usually best.
- Try making the bread into dinner rolls by shaping them into small circles instead of loaves.
How To Store Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
At room temperature: Wrap the bread loaves in foil or plastic wrap and place them in a sealed bag or keep them in a bread box and store them for up to 4 days.
In the fridge: Transfer the stored bread to the fridge, and you can keep it fresh for about a week.
In the freezer: To keep the bread as fresh as possible, cut the bread, wrap the slices in plastic wrap, and store them in a freezer-safe bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheating: Warm the bread slices up in the microwave for a few seconds. Thaw the frozen bread in the fridge overnight or defrost it in the microwave or toaster oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of bread is served at Cheesecake Factory?
The Cheesecake Factory serves a brown bread baguette and a white baguette with butter.
What is the brown bread at Cheesecake Factory?
The brown bread is a whole wheat bread that is made with unique, secret ingredients such as cocoa powder, instant coffee, and molasses. These ingreidents give the bread a combination of sweet, bold, and rich flavors that you just can't get in any other bread.
Can I substitute bread flour with all-purpose flour?
Yes, bread flour can be substituted for all-purpose flour. However, it will change the bread texture since bread flour consists of more protein that produces gluten, giving the bread more structure and an overall better texture.
Is the brown bread from the Cheesecake Factory whole grain?
No, the brown bread does not have any whole grains in it, but it is a whole wheat bread since it's made with whole wheat flour.
More Popular Recipes
- Cheesecake Factory miso salmon
- Cheesecake Factory pasta carbonara
- Cheesecake factory chicken piccata
- Olive Garden breadsticks
- Longhorn Steakhouse bread
- Combine water, sugar, and yeast in a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes or until foamy.
- In the meantime, stir together whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, and coffee.
- Add the yeast mixture, along with molasses, honey, and melted butter, into the flour mix.
- Add 1 ½ cups of bread flour and mix a little at a time. If the dough is sticking, add more flour.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a clean bowl, greased with some cooking oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough. On a lightly floured surface, shape the dough into 2 logs.
- Place the logs onto the baking sheet lined with baking paper. Brush the loaves with some oil and add oats on top.
- Let the bread rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Score the bread 4 to 5 times and bake it in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the bread cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Serving Size:1 loaf
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 966Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 176gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 27g