These oven baked bbq pork chops are sure to become your new weeknight dinner staple. Juicy pork chops are coated in a sweet and tangy bbq sauce glaze and baked until perfectly caramelized outside and tender inside. They're absolutely delicious and beyond easy to make, prepped in just 5 minutes!
Table of Contents
The Best BBQ Pork Chops In The Oven
This baked bbq pork chops recipe is by far the best way to cook pork chops in the oven.
This recipe has just 3 ingredients but makes super juicy and flavorful pork chops you'll want to make again and again.
The pork chops are seasoned with a dry rub and brushed with your favorite barbecue sauce. The sauce helps seal in all the juices as it bakes and results in the most addictive savory and sticky glaze with crispy caramelized edges.
After one bite, you won't want to make pork chops any other way!
These oven baked bbq pork chops are an ideal dinner for busy weeknights since the entire recipe is basically hands-off cooking. While you're waiting for these baked bbq pork chops to finish up in the oven, you can complete the meal with a side of Jiffy jalapeno cornbread or crispy ranch potatoes.
Why This Recipe Works
Easy to make. All you have to do is season the pork chops, brush them with bbq sauce, and let the oven take care of the rest. They're effortless to make, and this bbq pork chop recipe is fool-proof!
An instant family favorite. Whether I make these oven baked bbq pork chops for a weeknight dinner or family get-togethers, they're always a hit. Both kids and adults love them, so you'll have a winner whenever you serve them.
No marinating is needed. You don't have to marinate these pork chops for hours to get an amazing flavor. The pork chops are prepped in literally 5 minutes and ready to go in the oven right away!
As I mentioned earlier, you only need a few ingredients to make these bbq oven baked pork chops, and those ingredients are:
- 4-6 Boneless Pork Chops
- Dry Rub for Pork Chops
- ½-1 cup Barbecue Sauce
You can also use the barbecue sauce to make this fantastic beef back ribs recipe, which comes with a tasty dry rub that would be perfect for these bbq pork chops!
How To Make BBQ Pork Chops In The Oven
1. Prep: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180ºC) and line a baking sheet or baking dish with parchment paper. Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels.
2. Season pork chops and bake: Season the pork chops with the dry rub of your choice on both sides. Arrange them on the lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
3. Baste and bake: After the time is up, brush the top side of the baked pork chops with bbq sauce and bake for another 10 minutes. Then, flip them over and brush the other side with bbq sauce. Bake for 10 more minutes.
4. Serve: Take the bbq baked pork chops out of the oven and transfer them to a plate. Serve warm with your choice of sides, and enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- For bone-in or thick cut pork chops, add 5-10 minutes to the cooking time before the final 20 minutes of basting.
- Make your own dry rub with a mix of 2 teaspoons of paprika and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt.
- Experiment with different combinations of dry rubs and barbecue sauces to get your perfect bbq pork chops.
- Use a bbq rub for the ultimate bbq flavor.
- Broil the pork chops for the last few minutes of baking for an extra caramelized crust.
- You'll know the pork chops are cooked when they have an internal temperature of 145°F checked with a meat thermometer.
How To Store Baked BBQ Pork Chops
In the fridge: Transfer the baked barbecue pork chops to an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for up to 4 days.
In the freezer: Store the oven bbq pork chops in a freeze-safe airtight container or a ziplock bag with all the extra air squeezed out. Keep frozen for up to 3 months and thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
Reheating: Place the leftover pork chops in a baking dish with a couple of tablespoons of water or stock. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake the chops in an oven preheated to 350°F for 10 minutes or until the pork chops are warmed through. Remove the foil for the last 3-5 minutes for a crisp exterior.
FAQs About This Baked BBQ Pork Chops Recipe
What can I serve with baked bbq pork chops?
Is it better to bake pork chops at 350 or 400?
Baking pork chops at 350°F is best if you want tender and juicy pork chops with less chance of overcooking. But if you want a more crisp exterior and faster cooking time, baking pork chops at 400°F is the better choice, though there is a higher risk of them drying out. You'll want to brush them with bbq sauce multiple times throughout cooking at a higher temperature.
How long to cook pork chops in oven at 350?
Boneless pork chops will take around 25-30 minutes to bake at 350°F in the oven depending on the thickness. Bone-in pork chops will take around 30-35 minutes.
Should you cover pork chops when baking in the oven?
Covering pork chops with foil while baking is a good trick to keep them tender and juicy. But if your pork chops are brined, marinated, or covered in sauce, you can skip covering the pork chops, and they'll still stay nice and juicy.
At what temperature do I cook pork chops in the oven?
You can bake pork chops anywhere between 350°F and 400°F, going for the lower temperature if you want juicy chops and the higher temperature if you want a crisp browned exterior. Bake until the chops reach an internal temperature of 145°F at the thickest part.
More Pork Chop Recipes
- How to cook thin pork chops
- Baked pork chops and rice casserole
- Panko breaded pork chops
- Baked breaded pork chops
- Shake and bake pork chops
- French onion pork chops
- Fried pork chops
- Reverse sear pork chops
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180ºC). Prepare a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle a little dry rub on each side of the pork chops.
- Place the chops into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Brush on barbecue sauce and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn the chops over and brush the other side with barbecue sauce and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Serve warm with any sides you want, and enjoy.
Serving Size:1 pork chop
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 29g