This Taco Bell Mexican pizza recipe combines everything you love about pizza and Taco Bell all in one! It has the perfect combination of seasoned ground beef, savory refried beans, enchilada sauce, and melty cheese, all on top of crispy flour tortillas.
Table of Contents
The Best Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe
If you love Taco Bell, wait until you try making their epic Taco Bell Mexican pizza recipe at home!
This copycat recipe is seriously so good it might even be better than the original Mexican pizza Taco Bell serves.
It has all the same classic Mexican flavors you'd want in a burrito, from the enchilada sauce to the seasoned ground beef. But, instead of being wrapped up, everything is layered on - and between - some crispy flour tortillas. It's such a delicious unconventional pizza, just like this pickle pizza.
While the pizza is baking, you can make a little appetizer to snack on until it's ready. I love whipping up this Taco Bell nacho cheese and eating it with some tortilla chips or these Taco Bell nacho fries while I'm waiting for the pizza to finish up.
Why This Recipe Works
It's easy to make. You basically cook the ground beef, crisp the tortillas, and then assemble everything together. It's effortless!
It has a legit flavor. This pizza seriously tastes just like the one from Taco Bell, but it's fresher. Plus, since you're making it at home, you have the final say on what taco toppings you use!
An instant family favorite. Anyone who loves pizza and taco flavors will be obsessed with this pizza. Every time I make it for dinner or if I'm hosting, both the kids and adults love it!
One of the best things about making this copycat Taco Bell Mexican pizza recipe is that almost all of the ingredients you'll need to make it are kitchen/pantry staples. Honestly, if you love tacos as much as I do, odds are you'll already have most of them on hand already.
Anyway, here's what you'll need to make the pizzas:
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Taco seasoning
- ⅓ cup water
- 4 flour tortillas, taco size
- 6oz. refried beans
- 5 oz. enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sliced black olives
- Sour cream
Pretty simple stuff, right?
By the way, if you end up with some extra enchilada sauce, you can put it to good use along with some more of these Mexican pizza ingredients to make this beef enchilada casserole recipe next!
How To Make Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
1. Prep: Preheat the oven to 400°F and heat a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Cook the beef: Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook it, breaking it apart, until browned on all sides.
3. Add the flavor: Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the beef and add the water to the skillet. Mix everything together. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Simmer the beef until thickened.
4. Crisp the tortillas: Heat 1 inch of oil in another large skillet. Add the tortillas to the hot oil and cook for 3 minutes until crispy. Place the tortillas on a paper-lined plate to drain the oil.
5. Assemble the pizzas: Spread half the refried beans over two of the pan fried tortillas. Top the beans with the seasoned ground beef mixture. Place the remaining tortillas on top. Spread enchilada sauce over the top of the tortillas. Finish them off with the Mexican cheese blend.
6. Bake the pizzas: Place the tortillas onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the pizzas for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden. Slice the pizzas however you want, serve, and enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Use flour tortillas or corn tortillas for the Mexican pizza shell.
- Feel free to use shredded cheddar cheese or any shredded cheese you want instead of the Mexican cheese.
- Swap the enchilada sauce for hot sauce, taco sauce, or anything that pairs well with taco seasoning flavors.
- Change the taco meat and use ground turkey or ground chicken for leaner taco meat.
- Make vegetarian Mexican pizzas by leaving out the beef.
- Serve the pizza with any of your favorite toppings like sour cream, shredded lettuce, sliced green onions, diced tomatoes, or pickled jalapeños.
How To Store Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
In the fridge: Store the leftover Mexican pizza in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap and store it in a sealed bag in the fridge for 3-4 days.
In the freezer: Transfer the pizzas to a freezer-safe bag or airtight container and freeze for 1-2 months.
Reheating: The best way to reheat your Taco Bell pizza is to put it in the oven at 325°F for 8-10 minutes or until you have melted cheese again. Add more reheating time for the frozen pizza, or let it thaw in the fridge before reheating.
FAQs About This Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe
What is Taco Bell Mexican Pizza crust made of?
Taco Bell's Mexican pizza crust is made of crispy fried flour tortillas. The tortilla shells are deep fried in oil to give them a crunchy and perfectly crisp crust-like texture, almost like a cross between a tortilla chip and a regular pizza crust.
What is on a Taco Bell Mexican Pizza?
Taco Bell's Mexican pizza comes loaded with seasoned ground beef and refried beans layered between two flour tortillas. Then, it gets topped with enchilada sauce, shredded cheese, and toppings like green onion, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and black olives.
Is the Taco Bell Mexican Pizza back?
Currently, the Taco Bell Mexican pizza has made its way back to being a permanent fixture on the Taco Bell menu. Since it's such a popular item, Taco Bell had to bring it back for good. But as good as it is from Taco Bell, I really think this copycat Taco Bell recipe is even better!
Can I make a Mexican tortilla pizza in the air fryer?
Yes! Just put the assembled pizza on a wire rack in the air fryer and cook at 300°F for about 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
More Copycat Recipes
If this recipe has you in the mood for more of your favorite restaurant meals, we have a bunch on the blog that you can try next!
Here are some of our most popular copycat recipes:
- Taco Bell chicken quesadilla
- Taco Bell grilled cheese burrito
- Chick-Fil-A nuggets
- Chick Fil A grilled chicken sandwich
- Chipotle cilantro lime rice
- Chipotle barbacoa
- Texas Roadhouse rolls
- Texas Roadhouse butter
The BEST Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe (Prepped In 10 Minutes)
This Taco Bell Mexican pizza recipe combines everything you love about pizza and Taco Bell all in one! It has the perfect combination of seasoned ground beef, savory refried beans, enchilada sauce, and melty cheese, all on top of crispy flour tortillas. Oh, and best of all, this Mexican pizza recipe comes together with just 10 minutes of prep time in a few simple steps!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 pizzas 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Taco Bell
½ lb. ground beef
1 tbsp Taco seasoning
⅓ cup water
4 flour tortillas, taco size
6oz. refried beans
5 oz. enchilada sauce
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef until browned on all sides.
- Add the taco seasoning and water to the skillet. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer the beef until thickened.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a skillet. Add tortillas and cook for 3 minutes until crispy. Place the tortillas on a paper-lined plate to drain the oil.
- To assemble pizzas: spread half the refried beans over two of the tortillas. Top the beans with the ground beef. Place the remaining tortillas on top.
- Spread enchilada sauce over on top of the tortillas.
- Top the tortillas with the cheese mixture.
- Place the tortillas onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the pizzas for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serving Size: 1 pizza
- Calories: 814
- Fat: 42
- Carbohydrates: 63
- Protein: 46
Keywords: taco bell mexican pizza, taco bell mexican pizza recipe, how to make taco bell mexican pizza, mexican pizza recipe easy, mexican pizza recipe taco bell, mexican pizza recipe tortilla, best taco bell mexican pizza recipe, easy taco bell mexican pizza recipe, taco bell mexican pizza recipe copycat, taco bell mexican pizza ingredients,