These oven hash browns are going to be your new favorite breakfast side. They're crispy, cheesy, savory, and baked to golden brown perfection. After one bite, you'll never want to make hash browns any other way!
Table of Contents
The Best Hash Browns In Oven
These crispy oven hash browns are exactly what you need to add to your weekend breakfast! They taste just like homemade hash browns but are made in half the time with less prep work.
Even though they're so easy, they turn out amazing. Deliciously savory, crunchy, and filled with ooey-gooey cheddar cheese, you're going to be obsessed with this recipe!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
The texture. This oven baked hash brown recipe makes incredibly crispy and crunchy hashbrowns that are still tender inside and have cheddar cheese in each bite.
So versatile. You can literally pair these with anything! I love serving them with these Cracker Barrel pancakes or Bisquick waffles with a sunny-side-up egg for breakfast and with these IKEA Swedish meatballs or Southern meatloaf for dinner.
Family favorite. These baked hash browns are an all-time favorite in my house. They taste like they're made from scratch and are even better than something you'd get from a restaurant!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Frozen hash browns- use your favorite brand!
- Olive oil- or any neutral oil.
- Chopped onion- to add a little savoriness.
- Melted butter- gives the hash an even better flavor.
- Shredded cheddar cheese- for a little cheesy flavor in every bite.
- Salt and pepper- a pinch of each.
How To Cook Hash Browns In The Oven
1. Prep work: Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the frozen hash browns, shredded cheese, salt, pepper, and olive oil to a large bowl and give everything a mix. Add the melted butter and toss gently to combine all the ingredients.
2. Bake: Spread the hash browns over the prepared baking sheet and form them into a large square. Bake them for 25 minutes or until they are golden brown and have crispy edges.
3. Serve: Serve the shredded hash browns with eggs, crispy bacon, or any other breakfast recipe that you want. Dig in and enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Shape the hash browns into individual rectangular shapes on the baking sheet to make hashbrown patties before baking.
- Add half a teaspoon of garlic powder and onion powder to the potato mixture for a more savory flavor.
- Mix cooked bacon or cubed ham with the hashbrowns before baking to make them more of a meal.
- Bake the sheet pan hash browns for a few minutes longer for extra crispy hashbrowns.
- Make sure not to overlap the hash browns too much, or they won't get as crispy.
How To Store These Oven Baked Hash Browns
In the fridge: If you have leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container separated by parchment paper. You can keep them in the fridge for 3-5 days.
In the freezer: You can also store them in the freezer. Just wrap them in parchment paper in a freezer-safe bag. They will last for up to 3 months.
Reheating: Layer the hashbrowns on a baking sheet again and warm them up at 400°F for about 5 minutes or until warm. Add more reheating time for the frozen hashbrowns or let them thaw overnight in the fridge.
More Hash Brown Recipes
- Chicken hashbrown casserole
- Sweet potato hash browns
- 5 ingredient hash brown casserole
- Hamburger hashbrown casserole
- Taco hashbrown casserole
- 20 oz. frozen hash browns
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 ½ tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the frozen hash browns in a bowl with cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Add melted butter and toss gently to combine.
- Spread the hash browns over the baking sheet.
- Bake the hash brown for 25 minutes or until they have crispy edges.
- Serve hash browns with sunny-side-up eggs or anything you want. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 624mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 0gProtein: 5g