These keto cupcakes are super soft and fluffy, and topped with a sugar-free cream cheese frosting. And, not only are they easy to make, they're quick to make too. From start-to-finish these keto cupcakes take just 25 minutes to whip up. Best of all though, is the fact that each one of them has less than 2 NET CARBS! And, yes, that includes the keto frosting!
Table of Contents
THE BEST KETO CUPCAKES
This recipe has everything you'd want out of a cupcake recipe, except all of the carbs.
Each one is light and fluffy, perfectly sweetened, and topped with a smooth cream cheese frosting. So, if you're craving something cakey with vanilla flavor, look no further than these easy keto cupcakes.
By the way, if you're looking for more delicious keto cake recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth, you'll want to check out this keto lemon pound cake and keto chocolate cake. Both recipes are an absolute hit if you love cakey desserts.
Ingredients For Keto Cupcakes
- Blanched almond flour- you can substitute it with walnut flour or sunflower seed flour. DO NOT use coconut flout.
- Granular swerve- granulated monk fruit works too.
- Baking powder
- Almond milk- I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Vanilla extract
Anyways, as far as frosting goes, I like to top my keto cupcakes with this 4 ingredient keto cream cheese frosting. It has almost 0 carbs a serving, and it's incredibly easy to make too.
How To Make Cupcakes Keto
Step 1: Mix The Ingredients
First things first, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176°C). Then, in a medium-sized bowl, combine the dry ingredients - the almond flour, Swerve, and baking powder. Now, in a separate bowl, beat together the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract for about 3 minutes or so. Then, after you've done that, add the dry ingredients to them - along with almond milk - and mix until a thick batter forms.
Step 2: Bake The Cupcakes
Now that you've got your batter together line a cupcake/muffin tin with cupcake liners. Then, spoon the cupcake batter about ¾ of the way full into the individual cups. Bake your cupcakes for around 20 minutes - or just until they start to turn golden brown.
Step 3: Finish The Cupcakes
Pull them out of the oven, and allow them to cool for about 10 minutes. Then, after that amount of time has passed, you'll want to transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. And while the cupcakes are cooling, you'll want to make the frosting I mentioned earlier. Then once that's whipped up, all you have to do is spread or pipe the frosting on your cupcakes after they cool completely and dig in!
How I Recommend Storing Leftovers
Ok, so since this keto cupcake recipe uses frosting - at least the ones I made did - they should only sit at room temperature for up to 2 hours. Now, if you plan on eating all of your cupcakes the day you make them, you can frost them all at once.
If not, the unfrosted cupcakes can be kept on the counter in an airtight container for 2 days. But, if you refrigerate them, they'll last for up to a week. Of course, if you want to keep these delicious cupcakes for longer, you can freeze them for up to 6 months. Just wrap them individually in plastic wrap and then put them in a freezer-safe bag.
When you are ready to thaw your frozen cupcakes, take them out of the freezer, and leave them in their packaging. Doing this will allow the condensation from defrosting to form outside the packaging and not your cupcakes.
As for the frosting, it'll last in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days. However, if you want to keep it for longer, the frosting will last in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. When you want to use it, let it thaw in the refrigerator for a day, then let it rest on the counter to reach room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Then, mix/combine the dry ingredients - the almond flour, Swerve, and baking powder - in a medium-sized bowl, and set it aside.
- Now, in a separate bowl, beat together the butter, eggs, and vanilla extract...and you'll want to beat these ingredients for about 3 minutes, until they're thoroughly creamed.
- When the butter mixture has been creamed, add the dry ingredients to it, along with the almond milk.
- Then, with a rubber spatula - or mixer on low speed - mix until a smooth cake batter forms.
- Now, line a cupcake pan with cupcake cups.
- Spoon the cupcake batter into the individual cups - filling them about ¾ of the way.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the cupcakes are golden.
- Then, allow them to cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make the Keto Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Spread or pipe the frosting on top of the cupcakes and dig in!
The scale up function does not change the gram measurements.
Serving Size:1 Cupcake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 14.6gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 0gProtein: 5.6g