This easy Jello fruit salad recipe is a no-bake dessert that's full of fresh fruit flavor. It has a light and creamy texture with sweet strawberries in each bite.
I'm a big fan of effortless dessert recipes, and it really doesn't get easier than this strawberry Jello fruit salad. I came across the recipe by Meatloaf and Melodrama, and I gave it a try and loved it, so I just had to share it here!
The whole thing comes together in minutes, and before you know it, you have a light and satisfying dessert that adults and kids will fight over for the last bite! It's fit for any occasion, from holiday parties to barbecues and family get-togethers.
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's a simple recipe. You only need 3 main ingredients to make this recipe, along with some water, and the process is effortless!
Easy to customize. You can totally transform this recipe to make it uniquely yours. Use different types of fresh fruits, switch up the Jello, or add extra mix-ins like mini marshmallows. The options are endless!
You can make it ahead of time. There's nothing better than a dessert you can make in advance. Since this will need to rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours, you can make it in the morning or the day before and leave it in the fridge until you're ready to serve.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Jello- This recipe uses strawberry Jello, but you could use any flavor you want!
- Water- both hot and cold water. The hot water will dissolve the Jello, and the cold water will reduce the time it takes for it to set.
- Cool Whip- or another whipped topping. Make sure it's thawed in the fridge before using.
- Strawberries- preferably frozen strawberries, but fresh strawberries could also work.
How To Make Strawberry Jello Fruit Salad
Step 1: Dissolve the Jello. Add the strawberry Jello mix to a large casserole dish. Pour the hot and cold water into the dish and mix until it dissolves. Put the dish in the refrigerator for 45 minutes or until the Jello begins to thicken.
Step 2: Combine the ingredients. Once the mixture has thickened, use a hand mixer or stand mixer and whip the Jello until it becomes foamy. Gently fold the Cool Whip into the Jello mixture, then carefully fold in the strawberries.
Step 3: Refrigerate and serve. Store in the fridge for 2 hours or until it's firm and can hold its shape. Then slice, serve, and enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Make sure to let the Jello set in a long rectangular casserole dish. A 9x13-inch works great.
- If you're using fresh strawberries, make sure they are cold straight from the fridge and slice them in half or quarters. Do not use canned fruit because the syrup will ruin the texture.
- Very gently fold the ingredients together for a light and airy texture.
- Serve each slice with whipped cream on top for an extra sweet and creamy flavor.
How To Store This Strawberry Jello Fruit Salad
You can make this recipe ahead of time and store it until ready to serve. Just put a lid on the casserole dish or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for a few days before serving. If you have leftovers, transfer them to an airtight container and store them in the fridge for about 4 days. I don't recommend freezing it because it will ruin the texture.
More Recipes To Try Next
- Fruit salad with Cool Whip
- Cinnamon roll peach cobbler
- Puff pastry apple strudel
- Cream cheese pie
- Canned peach pie
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry jello
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (8 ounces) Cool Whip cream
- 1 pound frozen strawberries
- Put the strawberry jello in a large casserole dish (a 9x-13 inch works great).
- Mix the jello with the hot and cold water until completely dissolves.
- Put the strawberry jello in the refrigerator for 45 minutes or until the jello starts to thicken.
- After the mixture thickens, transfer it to a large mixing bowl and mix it well with an electric mixer until it becomes foamy.
- Gently fold the Cool Whip into the strawberry jello, then add the strawberries and gently mix them in.
- Transfer the mixture back to the casserole dish. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm and ready to serve.
You can make this dessert ahead of time and refrigerate it in the tray covered with plastic wrap or a lid for a few days. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128Total Fat: 4.9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 72.5mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 18.3gProtein: 1.5g