This chicken bryan is one of the most succulent and flavor-filled dishes you can make. It is a mouth-watering meal that consists of grilled chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, melty goat cheese, and a lemon basil butter sauce that's to die for. In fact, this recipe is so good, you won't believe it isn't Carrabba's chicken bryan.
Table of Contents
My Take On Chicken Bryan
Some nights call for a fancy chicken recipe, and when I want to treat my family to a delicious meal or wow my guests, this is the dish that I make.
This copycat Carrabba's chicken bryan elevates grilled chicken to a whole new level. It's super juicy, and has the most delicious creamy lemon butter sauce, and the goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes on top take it to another level.
The flavors in this recipe blend so well together, and it really tastes like no other chicken dish I've ever had. This is one of my wife's favorite chicken recipes, and we're always making this copycat Carrabba's chicken bryan for date night.
I love that this recipe comes together in just about 30 minutes! So, it's perfect to make for really any occasion. The process of making this copycat Carrabba's chicken bryan is effortless too. The only chicken recipe that might be a little easier is this Qdoba Chicken Recipe. So I suggest you check that copycat chicken recipe out next!
Ingredients For Chicken Bryan
So, for this recipe, you will need quite a few ingredients. I typically have a couple of them at home already, but if you need to go to the store, it's well worth it.
That said, here's everything you'll need for the chicken:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 6 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 ounces goat cheese (or cream cheese)
- Salt, pepper, and parsley to taste
And here's everything you'll need to make the lemon butter sauce:
- ½ cup of white wine
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 tablespoon butter
As I'm sure you can tell, these ingredients complement each other in a way that gives this tasty chicken recipe a flavor you can't get in anything else.
The goat cheese adds a rich creamy flavor, the sun dried tomato adds a sweet tartness, and the garlic balances the whole dish out with the perfect amount of earthiness and spiciness. Everything just works so well together. It takes ordinary meat like chicken and makes it extraordinary.
By the way, if you don't like goat cheese, you can substitute it for cream cheese and this dish will have the same overall delicious flavor.
Oh, and you can use some of these same ingredients to make this marry me chicken, so you'll definitely want to check that out next!
How To Make Chicken Bryan
Ok, by now, you're probably ready to jump into the copycat chicken bryan recipe and see how we make this elegant dish come together.
So let's get cooking!
Step 1: Prep Work
All good recipes start with a little prep work, and this one is no different.
That said, the first thing you'll want to do is select chicken breasts that are similar in size.
And you want your chicken breasts to be comparable in size so that they cook evenly.
Also, you want your chicken to be less than 1-inch thick.
If they're thicker than that, use a meat mallet or rolling pin to pound the chicken to a thinner, even width before you cook them.
Also, keeping the chicken under an inch thick will ensure you end up with tender, melt-in-your-mouth results.
Step 2: Marinating The Chicken
Once you've made your chicken breasts even in size/thickness, you're going to marinate them.
Start by rubbing your chicken with enough olive oil to cover each piece. Then sprinkle it with salt and pepper, and some parsley to taste.
Then, put the chicken in a Ziploc bag or dish with a cover, and refrigerate it 30 minutes - or more - to marinate. This will allow the chicken plenty of time to soak up the spices and retain its moisture - which is key to keeping it juicy after it cooks!
Step 3: Making The Sauce
Now while the chicken is marinating, we can make the sauce and prepare the rest of the ingredients.
For the sauce, add the wine and lemon juice to a saucepan. And if you want a stronger lemony flavor, feel free to add more lemon juice.
Anyways, let the wine and lemon juice simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes to reduce the liquid.
Once the liquid has reduced, add 6 tablespoons of butter to the saucepan. After it melts, add in half of the chopped basil leaves and reduce the heat to low.
Step 4: Sauteing
Now, while the chicken is finishing up marinating, you'll want to chop up your onion and sun-dried tomatoes. Also, at this point, you can measure out your other ingredients so they'll be handy while you're cooking.
Then, when the chicken is all set and ready to go, heat a skillet on the stovetop over medium-high heat.
After it's heated, add 2 tablespoons of butter to it (or some olive oil), along with the chopped onion & garlic. And you'll want to sauté the garlic and onions until the onions are translucent.
Step 5: Cook The Chicken
Now, once the onions look soft, and translucent, push them to the side, and add your chicken to the pan. Also, if necessary, add a little bit of olive oil to the skillet so the chicken won't stick.
Then, cook the chicken for about 8 minutes per side. You will know the chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
You can also grill the chicken for 6-8 minutes per side until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
Step 6: Finishing Touches
Now, once the chicken is cooked, top with the goat cheese or cream cheese. Then add on the sun-dried tomatoes and drizzle the lemon basil butter sauce over each piece and sprinkle on the rest of the chopped basil leaves.
Serve this Carrabba's chicken bryan alone or with pasta, mashed potatoes, or a vegetable.
How I Recommend Storing Chicken Bryan
If I have any leftover Carrabba's chicken bryan, I'll just transfer it to an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days. It makes terrific leftovers and honestly tastes just as good a few days after making it as it does made fresh.
How I Reheat Carrabba's Chicken Bryan
To reheat the chicken, I'll either use the oven or stovetop.
If you want to reheat the chicken in the oven:
- Preheat it to 350°F (176°C) and remove the chicken from the fridge.
- While the oven is preheating, let the chicken sit at room temperature to reduce the chill.
- Once the oven is preheated, transfer the chicken to a baking dish.
- Add in enough water or chicken stock to cover the bottom of the pan with a thin layer.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil.
- Leave the chicken in the oven until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
If you want to reheat the chicken on the stove:
- Put a skillet over medium-high heat and add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Slice the chicken into pieces to allow it to heat more quickly.
- As soon as the water starts to simmer, add the chicken to the skillet.
- Lower the heat and gently stir the chicken, cooking it until it is thoroughly warmed.
Also, if you have leftover sauce, you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
To reheat the lemon butter sauce, put it in the microwave and heat it to your desired temperature. Alternatively, you can heat it up in a small pot as well.
My Final Thoughts
Well, there you have it, a recipe that won't take hours to make, even though it tastes like it did.
Whether you make this to spoil your guests, for a celebration, or to impress your family with your cooking, this Carrabba's chicken bryan will be a hit.
And don't be surprised if your guests think this copycat recipe tastes just like the one from Carrabba's Italian Grill. Because this is about as close to their chicken bryan as it gets.
Anyway, I hope you love this copycat chicken bryan recipe as much as I do! If you make it, let me know what you think in the comments below!
Oh, and if you want to give another Carrabba's copycat recipe a try, you have to make this sausage and lentil soup next!
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES
If you want some more chicken dinner recipes to knock the socks off whoever is eating the meal, you have to make these:
- Alice Springs Chicken
- Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken
- Applebee's Bourbon Street Chicken & Shrimp
- Spicy Southwest Salad
- Chicken Tempura
- Olive Garden Chicken & Shrimp Carbonara
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (around 100g each)
- 2 tablespoon (28g) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon (28g) butter
- 2 minced (8g) garlic cloves
- 1 small yellow onion (125g), minced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes (15g), chopped
- 3 ounces (85g) goat cheese or cream cheese
- Salt, pepper, and parsley to taste
- ½ cup (120mL) of white wine
- 2 tablespoon (28g) fresh lemon juice
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 (81g) tablespoon butter
- Marinate the chicken breasts - rub enough olive oil to cover each piece of chicken, and sprinkle it with salt, pepper, and parsley to taste.
- Then, put the chicken in a Zip-loc bag - or dish with a cover - in the fridge to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Now, to make the sauce, add the white wine and the lemon juice to a saucepan and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Once the liquid has reduced, add 6 tablespoons of butter to the saucepan.
- Then, after it melts, add in half of the chopped basil leaves and reduce the heat to low.
- Now, chop up your onion and sun-dried tomatoes, and set them aside.
- At this point, your chicken should have been marinating for atleast 30 minutes, so heat a skillet on the stovetop over medium-high heat.
- After the oil heats up, add the chopped onion, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet.
- Sauté the garlic and onions until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Then, when that happens, push the onions and garlic to the side and add the chicken to pan. And, if necessary, add a little bit of oil to the skillet so the chicken won't stick.
- Cook the chicken for around 8 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). You can also grill the chicken. Just cook it for around 6-8 minutes per side until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- now, once the chicken is cooked, top it with goat cheese or cream cheese.
- Then add on the sun-dried tomatoes and drizzle the lemon basil butter sauce over each piece.
- Sprinkle on the rest of the chopped basil leaves, and serve.
The scale up function does not change the gram measurements.
Serving Size:1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 13.5gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 29g