This tiger sauce is deliciously creamy and has a rich bold flavor with a little kick to it too. It takes under a minute to make, has just 3 main ingredients, and pairs so well with meat, seafood, and so much more.
Homemade Tiger Sauce
This tiger sauce recipe is quick and easy to make and is just so much tastier than the store-bought kind. It's hot, savory, kind of sweet, and just has a flavor like no other sauce.
But the creaminess is what I think makes it so delicious. I'd put it on the same level of deliciousness as this sweet chili sauce.
With that said, there are a ton of things you can dip in this sauce - I'll go over all of my favorites a little later on - but roast beef might be the most popular dish to add this sauce to.
- Mayo- for the creamy base. I like to use full-fat mayo for extra richness.
- Horseradish- for the iconic kick that the sauce has.
- Garlic- for an added savory flavor.
- Lemon juice- to brighten up the flavors.
- Sea salt and pepper- essential for any sauce.
How To Make Tiger Sauce
- Combine the ingredients. First, take a medium-sized bowl, and add the mayo to it. Then, add in the horseradish, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and a little pepper.
- Mix everything together. Mix and stir all of the ingredients until they fully combine and you have a creamy sauce.
- Serve. Serve the sauce alongside anything you want and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can I store this sauce?
Transfer the sauce to a sealed jar or airtight container, and it will last in the fridge for about 4 days. To keep longer, store in a freezer-safe container for up to 6 months.
What can I eat with this sauce?
What kind of sauce is Tiger sauce?
It's a creamy, kind of spicy sauce that gets its heat from horseradish and garlic. Typically mayo or sour cream, and sometimes even both, are used as the base for the sauce.
What is similar to Tiger sauce?
A sauce that's similar to it is any kind of horseradish cream sauce.
How hot is Tiger sauce?
It can be as hot as you want it to be. The heat will increase by adding in more horseradish and garlic. You can even add in some crushed red pepper flakes or hot sauce if you really want to up the spiciness.
- 1 cup Mayo
- ½ cup horseradish (Add more for an extra kick)
- ¼ tablespoon garlic (Add more for an extra kick)
- Lemon juice from ½ lemon
- Sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste (don't overdo it)
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix until they're fully combined and a creamy sauce forms.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 1.5gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g