This frozen roast in the slow cooker is an easier and equally delicious way to make a pot roast. From the juicy meat to the tender veggies and potatoes to the completely passive cooking process, weeknight dinners just got a whole lot better!
I love a cozy Sunday roast, but sometimes I just don't have the time to make one. Luckily, this crock pot frozen roast makes an incredible pot roast meal with none of the work!
Seriously, with this recipe, you never have to be intimidated to cook a large piece of meat again. All you have to do is add the ingredients to the crock pot, press start, and wait until it's ready. It's completely foolproof!
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's delicious. The slow cooked meat turns out incredibly tender and juicy. The veggies and potatoes cook to perfection too, and everything has a delicious flavor from cooking together with all of the seasonings.
A meal fit for any occasion. Whether you need a hearty meal for a busy weeknight dinner, if you're hosting friends, or for the holidays, this crock pot roast recipe is perfect. Everyone always loves it too!
Simple ingredients. This recipe comes together with meat of your choice, some veggies, and staple dried herbs and spices.
- Meat- I used a frozen chuck roast, but any frozen meat like a round roast works great too.
- Broth- beef broth for cooking.
- Onion powder and garlic powder- two household spices that add a savory flavor.
- Oregano- a dried herb with a deep flavor profile.
- Dill- this unexpected dried herb will bring high notes to the dish for a refreshing taste.
- Carrots- cut into large chunks.
- Potatoes- I used yellow potatoes cut into fourths.
- Onion- sliced. Any cooking onion will work here.
How To Cook Frozen Roast In Slow Cooker
Step 1: Combine the seasonings. In a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, onion powder, dried dill, and dried oregano until combined.
Step 2: Add the meat. Place the frozen roast in the crockpot and season with the spices and dried herbs on top.
Step 3: Add the vegetables. Place the carrots, onions, and potatoes around the roast in the slow cooker and pour the beef broth on top of everything.
Step 4: Cook. Slow cook the roast and vegetables on high heat for 6 hours. You can check the roast at 4 hours and see how it's cooking.
Step 5: Rest and serve. When your meat reaches your desired doneness, you can remove it and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Then shred or slice the roast and serve alongside the tender vegetables.
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- You can add any vegetables that you want to this recipe. If you don't want them to be overly tender, just add them to the slow cooker with one hour left in the cooking time.
- Check on the meat towards the end of cooking. A medium roast will have an internal temperature of 160°F.
- You can experiment with different herbs and spices if you'd like. A couple of sprigs of fresh sage and rosemary would be perfect in this dish.
- Always let your meat rest after cooking. If you cut it too soon, you'll lose out on all those juices and end up with a dry roast.
- Serve with these cream cheese mashed potatoes and biscuits with pancake mix for the ultimate comfort food meal.
Storage and Reheating Instructions
If you have any leftovers, let them cool, and then store everything in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. You won't want to freeze the pot roast since the meat was cooked from frozen.
My favorite way to reheat everything is to put it in a baking dish with some broth and warm it in the oven, covered, at 325°F for about 10-20 minutes until warmed through.
More Crockpot Recipes
- Frozen meatballs in the crock pot
- Frozen chicken thighs crock pot recipe
- Frozen chicken in the crock pot
- Crock pot frozen turkey breast
- Crock pot Swiss steak
- Crock pot pork chops with stuffing
- 2 lbs. frozen meat (I used chuck roast)
- ½ cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 4 carrots cut into large chunks
- 2 cups potatoes cut into fourths
- 1 onion sliced
- Place the frozen meat in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine all the seasonings, then sprinkle on top of the meat.
- Add vegetables around the meat. Pour broth on top.
- Cook on high heat for 6 hours.
- Remove the meat once cooked, allow it to rest for 5 minutes, then shred and serve.
A medium roast will have an internal temperature of 160°F.
Serving Size:¼ lb.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 9.6gSaturated Fat: 3.5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1.9gSugar: 2.3gProtein: 38.8g