This pancake casserole brings the classic stack of pancakes to a whole new level! The pancakes are thick and fluffy with delightfully crisp edges and the most delicious flavor you'll ever taste in a pancake.
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Pancake Casserole Recipe
- It'll be a family favorite. This pancake casserole recipe is my family's favorite weekend breakfast recipe. My wife agrees with me that it's so much more delicious than regular pancakes.
- Versatile. You can serve the pancake casserole with any other breakfast foods you want, like eggs, toast, bacon, or sausage. I'll get into some of my favorites to serve with it later on.
- Crowd favorite. If you're hosting a brunch, this pancake casserole is just the breakfast you need! It makes the perfect amount for a crowd, and everyone will be satisfied.
For the pancakes:
- Buttermilk pancake mix- Use any mix that you want. I like the one where you just have to add water.
- Fresh fruit- it's best to top off the casserole with fresh blueberries, or desired fruits, for garnish and extra flavor.
- Syrup- you can use any desired syrup, like agave or maple syrup, for serving.
For the casserole:
- Milk- whole milk works great, but for a nondairy creamy milk option, I suggest using oat milk.
- Cinnamon- my secret ingredient to enhance the sweetness of the pancakes.
- Vanilla extract- adds more delicious flavor.
How To Make Pancake Casserole
Step 1: Make the pancake mix. In a mixing bowl, whisk pancake batter with water and set aside for 5 minutes.
Step 2: Cook pancakes. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add ¼ cup of the batter into the skillet and cook the pancakes until they are golden brown on both sides.
Step 3: Place in baking dish. Once you cook all the pancakes, cut them in half and arrange the pancakes in a baking dish in three rows. Whisk the eggs with milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture over the pancakes and let them soak up for 30 minutes.
Step 4: Bake. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and bake the pancake casserole for 40 minutes. Serve warm, drizzled with desired syrup, and garnished with fresh blueberries.
What To Serve With Pancakes Casserole
- Sweets: If you want an extra sweet breakfast, this casserole is delicious with my cinnamon roll casserole or Brioche French toast casserole.
- Meat: Pancakes always taste better with something like this million dollar bacon or Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage.
- Eggs: If you love eggs, you have to serve them with this hashbrown egg casserole or breakfast casserole with bacon.
Storing and Reheating Instructions
In the fridge: To store any leftover pancake casserole, cover the pan with foil and store it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
In the freezer: If you want to keep the leftovers for longer, you can store them in a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months.
Reheating: My go-to way to reheat the pancakes is in the microwave for 30 seconds- to 1 minute. They get nice and soft that way and taste delicious. Oh, and just add more time for the frozen pancakes.
- Breakfast Casserole
- Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Jimmy Dean Breakfast Casserole
To make the pancakes:
- 3 cups buttermilk pancake mix
- 2 cups water
- Fresh blueberries, or desired fruits, for garnish
- Desired syrup, agave, maple, for serving
For the casserole:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, whisk pancake batter with water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add ¼ cup of the batter into the skillet.
- Cook pancakes for a few minutes until they are golden on both sides.
- Once you cook all the pancakes, cut them in half.
- Arrange the pancakes in a baking dish in three rows.
- Whisk eggs with milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the pancakes and let them soak up for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake the pancake casserole for 40 minutes.
- Serve warm, drizzled with desired syrup and fresh blueberries.
Serving Size:1 full pancake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 8g