This meatloaf with brown gravy recipe is beyond the typical meatloaf dinner. It makes a super tender and moist meatloaf that has the best savory flavor, and the brown gravy brings it all together. It's a delicious and easy dinner the whole family will love!
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Brown Gravy Meatloaf Recipe
- The flavor. This brown gravy meatloaf recipe is one you won't forget. The meatloaf is extra tender and flavorful, and the gravy on top makes it the best meatloaf recipe ever!
- Comfort food. There's nothing more comforting than a warm slice of meatloaf with a drizzle of savory gravy on a cold day. Pair it with some mashed potatoes for the best comfort food meal!
- It's an easy meatloaf recipe. You just have to mix the ingredients together, bake the meatloaf, and make the gravy. Even if you've never made meatloaf before, you'll have no problem making this one turn out perfect!
- Ground beef- lean ground beef works best.
- Breadcrumbs- create the perfect meatloaf texture.
- Worcestershire sauce- essential to give the meat the best flavor.
- Egg- to bind the ingreidents.
- Salt and pepper- to taste
- Onion powder- for a savory touch.
- Steak seasoning- brings in flavors of onions, garlic, and herbs.
- Brown gravy mix- my favorite brand to use is McCormick because it comes out so flavorful and it's so easy to make. If you want to make homemade brown gravy, check out my brown gravy recipe.
How To Make Meatloaf With Gravy
Step 1: Prepare. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease the loaf pan with some cooking spray.
Step 2: Make meatloaf mixture. In a large bowl, combine beef, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, egg, salt, pepper, onion powder and steak seasoning. Mix it well with your hands or a rubber spatula until everything combines.
Step 3: Bake. Transfer the beef mixture to the prepared loaf pan. Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour or until the interal temperature reaches 160°F.
Step 4: Make gravy. While the meatloaf cooks, prepare the gravy mix of your choice according to the package directions.
Step 5: Serve. Let the meatloaf cool in the pan for a few minutes before serving. Then, take the meatloaf out of the pan, top it with the brown gravy, and serve with some mashed potatoes.
Pro Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Let the meatloaf cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving. This will help it firm up and stay extra moist and juicy.
- Substitute bread crumbs for crushed Ritz crackers for an extra buttery texture.
- Do not overmix the meatloaf mixture. Only mix until all the ingredients are incorporated.
Storing and Reheating
In the fridge: If you have any leftovers, store the sliced meatloaf in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
In the freezer: To freeze, let the meatloaf cool to room temperature, cover it with aluminum foil, and place it in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Reheating: The best way to reheat the meatloaf is to put it in a baking dish with a tablespoon of beef broth and cover it with aluminum foil. Then bake it at 250°F for 20-30 minutes or until it's warmed through. Either thaw the frozen meatloaf in the fridge or reheat it at 350°F.
More Meatloaf Recipes
- 1.25lb. ground beef
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 package brown gravy mix or homemade brown gravy
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease the loaf pan with some cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, egg, salt, pepper, onion powder and steak seasoning.
- Transfer the beef mixture to the loaf pan.
- Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour or until the inner temperature reaches 160F.
- In the meantime, prepare the gravy mix according to package directions.
- Cool the meatloaf in the pan before serving.
- Serve with gravy on top and some mashed potatoes.
Serving Size:2 slices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 221mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 33g