This hot honey pizza is the perfect way to shake up dinner time! This thin-crust pie is loaded with melty mozzarella, goat cheese, pepperoni, and fresh basil. Then, all of that deliciousness gets a drizzle of sweet hot honey and it gets baked to crisp perfection.
My favorite part about this recipe is that I can use store bought pizza dough if I don't want to mess around with making it from scratch and it's still absolutely delicious! It's the perfect party pizza to make for a crowd. You will definitely not have leftovers when you serve this incredible pizza.
Table of Contents
Why you'll love this recipe
Winning combination. The crisp crust of this pizza topped with all the delicious fresh ingredients is a match made in heaven. A drizzle of hot honey over top is exactly what this homemade pizza is looking for.
It's a crowd pleaser. You will not have leftovers when you serve this hot honey pizza to a crowd. It hits every flavor note, spicy, sweet, savory, and even the pickiest eaters can't say no!
It's so easy to make. You can make this pizza in under thirty minutes and using store-bought dough is a great way to cut out a lot of the prep time!
It uses simple ingredients. The fresh ingredients and toppings for this pizza can be easily found in any supermarket. You might already have a few of them in the pantry at home!
- Pizza dough- stretched thin, store bought pizza dough works perfectly!
- Pizza sauce- your favorite brand of tomato-based pizza sauce.
- Mozzarella cheese- shredded, for the melty layer of cheesy goodness.
- Goat cheese- crumbled, a nutty addition.
- Fresh basil- small leaves or chopped, brings freshness.
- Homemade hot honey sauce- sweet and spicy, the perfect finishing touch.
How to make Hot Honey Pizza
Step 1: Preheat your oven and prepare your dough. Get your oven going to 450°F and grab your preferred baking tray or pizza stone. Using clean hands, gently hand-stretch the pizza dough to fit your tray.
Step 2: Add the sauce and cheese. Use the back of a metal spoon or spatula to spread the pizza sauce lightly over the pizza dough. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella over the saucy dough.
Step 3: Add your toppings. On top of the mozzarella cheese, add the pepperoni, and goat cheese crumbles. Finish with a dusting of finely grated pecorino romano cheese (optional.)
Step 4: Bake the pizza. Bake the pizza for 3-5 minutes, then rotate it in the oven so it cooks evenly. Bake for 3-5 minutes more, then broil for 1 minute or until the cheese is as browned and bubbly as you'd like. Remove the pizza from the oven.
Step 5: Garnish and serve! Top the pizza immediately with fresh basil and a drizzle of the cooled homemade hot honey.
My tips to make the best hot honey pizza
- Be gentle when you're stretching out your pizza dough. Too much stretching will result in a tougher dough. You could also tear it and end up with a lot of holes.
- If you'd like, you can create a rim around your pizza dough to hold in extra cheese and toppings!
- Go wild with your toppings! I've suggested my favorites here, but you can use anything you'd like. Sausage and mushrooms would be great alternatives.
- If you're looking for extra spice, red pepper flakes are a great option for getting that added heat.
How to store and reheat leftover hot honey pizza
In the fridge: You can wrap any leftover pizza in plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for about 3-4 days.
In the freezer: You can keep any leftover pizza slices in the freezer easily! Simply wrap the pizza in aluminum foil and place them in a freezer safe bag.
Reheating: To reheat your leftover pizza, you can place the slices in a hot skillet to get the crust nice and crisp. You can also reheat pizza in the air fryer, or the oven for about 10 minutes. You may need to add more time if you're cooking from frozen.
Frequently Asked Questions
When do I add the hot honey?
Add the hot honey when the pizza comes out of the oven! You don't have to add it during the cooking process because of the high sugar content and its tendency to burn.
Can I make personal pizzas instead of one big pizza?
Absolutely! You should be able to get two personal-sized pizzas out of this recipe. Depending on the size of your baking sheet, you may have to cook the pizzas in two batches.
What can I serve with this pizza?
- 1 pre-packaged ball of pizza dough
- 3 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup pepperoni
- ⅛ cup goat cheese
- 1-2 tbsp. Fresh basil
- Homemade hot honey sauce (see notes for recipe) to taste (*or Mike's Hot Honey)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and hand stretch the pizza dough.
- Use the back of a metal spoon to spread the pizza sauce.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and top with pepperoni and goat cheese crumbles. Finish with a dusting of finely grated pecorino romano cheese.
- Bake the pizza for 3-5 minutes at 450F, then rotate so it cooks evenly and bake for 3-5 minutes more. Broil for 1 minute or until as browned as you like. Remove from the oven.
- Top immediately with fresh basil and a drizzle of the cooled homemade hot honey.
Serving Size:1 Slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 277mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g