This Arby's roast beef sandwich recipe puts a spin on the beloved fast-food sandwich. It has savory, thinly sliced roast beef with a seasoned cheddar cheese sauce and Arby's iconic sauce served on toasted onion rolls. It's crazy delicious and is even better than the real thing!
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's quick and easy. Making a sandwich for lunch has never been easier. All of the ingredients can be stored until you want to assemble a sandwich, and voila! You have a delicious sandwich in less than 5 minutes.
- The sauces. The combination of the cheddar sauce and homemade Arby's sauce makes for a delicious combination that pairs so well with the savory roast beef. It's what makes this copycat Arby's beef and cheddar so darn good!
- It's made with real ingredients. Fast food is so convenient, but sometimes I worry about the amount of preservatives and other additives in each item. By making this copycat version at home, you know what's going into your food and can choose to substitute any ingredient you want.
For the roast beef sandwich:
- Homemade Arby’s sauce- you can quickly make my Arby's sauce recipe.
- Roast beef- you'll want it to be thinly sliced.
- Burger buns- large brioche buns work best.
- Egg- for brushing the buns.
- Onion flakes- for that delicious savory flavor.
- Poppy seeds- my secret touch to give the rolls an even better flavor.
For the cheese sauce:
- Cheddar cheese- shredded cheddar cheese works best because it melts into a smooth mixture easily and has the best flavor.
- Milk- whole milk works best because it makes the sauce extra creamy.
- Paprika- a subtle seasoning that adds a bit of spice.
- Salt- enhances the flavor.
How To Make Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich
Step 1: Toast the buns. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180ºC) and beat the egg in a bowl. Brush the top of the buns with the beaten egg and then top them with the onion flakes and poppy seeds. Bake the rolls for 10 minutes to give them an addictive crispy texture.
Step 2: Make the cheese sauce. While the rolls are baking, mix the cheese, milk, paprika, and salt in a pot. Cook it on medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the cheese fully melts.
Step 3: Build the sandwich. Spread the cheddar cheese sauce on the bottom buns, then add the roast beef and top with the Arby's sauce. Serve immediately with your favorite side dish, and enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Make both sauces while the buns are toasting. This way, everything will be hot and fresh when you're building the sandwich.
- Save time and get the deli roast beef from the deli counter at your grocery store.
- Heat the roast beef in a pot with a cup of beef broth on medium heat for a minute or until warm. There's nothing better than a warm roast beef sandwich.
- Make the sandwiches your own by making any changes! Add some hot sauce to the rolls, add a slice of American cheese, use Velveeta cheese for the sauce, or use this Taco Bell nacho cheese for a different flavor.
What To Serve With Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich
The sandwich is delicious with some more fast-food sides, like Taco Bell nacho fries or McDonald's french fries. It also goes great with some coleslaw or a house salad or even something like these ranch potatoes.
Storage and Reheating Instructions
While I don't recommend storing the sandwich after it's assembled since it's best enjoyed fresh, you can store all the ingredients separately. The roast beef can be kept in the fridge for 3-5 days, and the cheese sauce will last for about 4 days in separate airtight containers in the fridge.
When you're ready to assemble a sandwich, prepare the rolls as directed above. Then heat the roast beef in some beef broth for a minute or until warm, and heat up the cheese sauce in 10-second increments in the microwave until melty. Assemle the sandwiches and enjoy!
More Copycat Recipes
- Taco Bell Grilled Cheese Burrito
- Chick-fil-A Mac N Cheese
- Panda Express Honey Sesame Chicken
- KFC Famous Bowl
- Applebee's Quesadilla Burger
- Cracker Barrel Meatloaf Recipe
- ¼ cup Arby’s sauce
- 2 burger buns
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. onion flakes
- 1 tbsp. Poppy seeds
- ¾ lbs. Roast Beef
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180ºC).
- Beat the egg and brush the buns with the egg. Top them with the onion flakes and poppy seeds and bake for 10 minutes until crispy.
- Mix the cheese, milk, paprika, and salt in a pot and cook over low-medium heat, stirring frequently, until melted.
- Optional for warm roast beef sandwiches: Heat the beef broth in a pot until it simmers, then add the roast beef and warm for about a minute or two.
- Assemble the sandwiches by spreading the cheese sauce on the buns and topping it with the roast beef and Arby's sauce. Serve warm and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 sandwich
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 516Total Fat: 23.5gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 232mgSodium: 1747mgCarbohydrates: 28.5gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 46.5g