This pumpkin bread is soft, moist, and packed with the best pumpkin flavor. It's a family favorite treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast and dessert, and you can have it ready to bake in just 10 minutes!
Table of Contents
The Best Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Me and my family can't get enough of this pumpkin bread! This sweet bread has tons of pumpkin flavor that is unmatched. It can be a grab-and-go breakfast, a quick mid-day snack, or a main dessert after weeknight dinner. It's also the perfect make-ahead recipe because it freezes so well. But we'll get to that in a little bit!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's such an easy pumpkin bread recipe. You won't believe how easy it is to make homemade pumpkin bread thanks to this recipe. All you have to do is mix the ingreidents together and then let the oven take over. Even if you've never made pumpkin bread before, you'll nail this recipe!
- The flavor and texture. Every bite has warm spiced pumpkin flavors with hints of sweetness. Paired with the soft, moist, and fluffy texture, this pumpkin bread is the best one you'll ever have.
- It tastes great leftover. I love to double this recipe when I make it because I can eat one fresh and freeze one. Then I know I have a delicious snack, breakfast, and dessert on hand for any occasion. To freeze, just wrap the loaf in plastic wrap and store it in a freezer-safe bag for a few months.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Unsalted butter- softened butter works best to create a smooth batter.
- Sugar adds a bit of sweetness to the delicious pumpkin flavor
- Brown sugar adds a rich caramel flavor.
- Eggs- Provides structure and fluffiness to this cake.
- Pumpkin puree- for all the flavor and added moisture.
- Flour- all-purpose flour works best.
- Baking powder- an essential to any baked good to make it light and airy.
- Pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract- help enhance the flavors.
- Raw pumpkin seeds- these are optional, but they add the perfect crunch and aesthetic.
How To Make Pumpkin Bread
1. Combine wet ingredients. Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C) and grease the loaf pan with some butter. Beat the softened butter with both sugars until fluffy. Add the eggs and pumpkin puree and mix until smooth.
2. Add dry ingredients. Add the flour, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice to the bowl. Stir with a rubber spatula until you have a smooth batter.
3. Bake. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan and, if desired, top with pumpkin seeds in a line down the middle. Bake the bread for 65-70 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- You'll know the bread is baked when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- When creaming the butter and sugars, make sure the mixture is light and fluffy before adding the eggs. This is what gives the bread that soft, fluffy texture.
- Be sure not to overmix the batter for a light and airy crumb. Stop mixing once every ingredient is fully combined, and it's okay if you have a few lumps.
- Add chocolate chips to the batter to make chocolate chip pumpkin bread.
- If you want to add some crunch, you can add chopped pecans or chopped walnuts.
Room temperature: Store any leftover pumpkin bread wrapped in plastic wrap. It will last for up to 4 days.
Refrigerator: You can also store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Freezer: If you made an extra loaf or want to keep it for longer, wrap the bread tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe bag. It will last for up to 2 months. When you're ready to enjoy, thaw in the fridge or at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to use pumpkin seeds?
No, that is totally optional! You can leave the loaf plain, or instead of the seeds on top, try adding an icing or frosting. This cream cheese frosting from these pumpkin cookies would be delicious!
How do you know when pumpkin bread is done?
The edges will be a darker golden brown, and the center of the bread will fluff up and make a round dome shape. The top will have some cracks in it, and a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. You'll want to check it with about ten minutes left of baking to see how it's coming along.
Can I make pumpkin muffins with this recipe?
Yes! Simply add the batter to a prepared muffin tin, and voila! You have muffins. The cooking time will vary, so check on them after 20 minutes. If they're not baked, check on them every 5 minutes or so until baked through.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Custard Pie
- Pumpkin Casserole
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15oz. Pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Raw pumpkin seeds, optional for topping
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a loaf pan with some butter.
- Beat butter with both sugars until fluffy.
- Add eggs and pumpkin puree. Blend until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, and pumpkin spice mix, Stir with a rubber spatula until you have a smooth batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Add pumpkin seeds on top if you are using them.
- Bake the bread for 65-70 minutes. A tooth pick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Cool before slicing and serving.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 413Total Fat: 16.8gSaturated Fat: 10.2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 63.5gFiber: 2.2gSugar: 39.6gProtein: 4.8g